Only Use Me Blade

TheDunbarian

You know this was the first thing I thought of when the Pick 10 system was revealed, and it's even more fun than I expected it to be! :D

Class setup:

Primary weapon: N/A

Secondary weapon: N/A

Perk 1: Lightweight + Blind Eye

Perk 2: Fast Hands

Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning + Tactical Mask

Lethal: Combat Axe (x2)

Tactical: N/A

Wildcards: Danger Close, Perk 1 Greed, Perk 3 Greed

Just run around with your combat knife. Everyone complains about hit detection issues with the knife in this game, but if you're using the combat knife, use the right trigger to knife instead of pressing the right stick and the hit detection greatly improves. Being a good shot with the Combat Axe will make you even more deadly.

As for my perks:

Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning, because you're really going to want the advantage of speed.

Blind Eye, because with only a knife you're going to be very vulnerable to scorestreak rewards.

Fast Hands, for faster Combat Axe throws.

Tactical Mask, to allow you to rhino charge right through Shock Charges.

It's a lot of fun - and a nice way to work up to gold camo on your knife ;) Try it out and let me know how it goes for you!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a fun class!

I'd give it a try if my KD/R wasn't shaky and not at the point I want it to be :P

Ah yes, I did forget to mention that you shouldn't try this if you truly care about your K/D. It's just for fun, really. But it does give you a nice feeling of badassery when you have a good game with it.

Sounds like a fun class!

I'd give it a try if my KD/R wasn't shaky and not at the point I want it to be :P

Ah yes, I did forget to mention that you shouldn't try this if you truly care about your K/D. It's just for fun, really. But it does give you a nice feeling of badassery when you have a good game with it.

one of my group members does a variation of this, not really with the intent to knife and axe, but rather just pick up guns off the ground to use. doesn't really seem to put him at an advantage or a disadvantage

One class I legitimately use often is...

Executioner dual wield

Combat knife

Lightweight / Hardline

Scavenger

Extreme conditioning / (can't remember 5th perk lol)

Semtex

I use this every nuketown game and just rush into the buildings or objectives and decimate, regularly earning MULTIPLE dragonfires per game. Before I used scavenger I would resort to combat knife, which worked surprisingly well. Now with scavenger it removes the need to resort to melee at all. I think I might tweak this class and try for a knife only one though. This sounds fun!

Executioner dual wield

Combat knife

Lightweight / Hardline

Scavenger

Semtex

I use this every nuketown game and just rush into the buildings or objectives and decimate, regularly earning MULTIPLE dragonfires per game. Before I used scavenger I would resort to combat knife, which worked surprisingly well. Now with scavenger it removes the need to resort to melee at all. I think I might tweak this class and try for a knife only one though. This sounds fun!

Executioner dual wield. Sweet Electric Jesus, why did I never think of this??? I used to wreck house in Black Ops with my Python dual wield, so I really need to give this a shot.

Executioner dual wield

Combat knife

Lightweight / Hardline

Scavenger

Semtex

Executioner dual wield. Sweet Electric Jesus, why did I never think of this??? I used to wreck house in Black Ops with my Python dual wield, so I really need to give this a shot.

It is a legitimately good class, with the only drawback being the painfully short range. I might go as far as to sacrifice a perk for secondary gunfighter and long barrel. You can really see the difference with that. Standing on the inside stairs in a house in nuketown and firing towards the **** please report this topic, post **** with regular dual-wield executioners requires several baste due to the range. But with long barrel, a shot from each simultaneously means a good double kill easily.

Also by the way, in black ops the pythons were one of the only secondaries I used. Now I use executioners mostly, but I'm experimenting with the full-auto one (pretty sure it's Kap 40) and I find that good as well.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: which is faster melee, combat or ballistic knife??

IMPORTANT QUESTION: which is faster melee, combat or ballistic knife??

I haven't experimented much with the ballistic knife in this game yet, but if it's anything like it was in Black Ops 1, then they're roughly the same speed. Combat knife is very quick, and you'd actually be at an advantage over the ballistic knife for melee attacks because of the improved hit detection that comes from pulling the right trigger.

Essentially: both knives have same melee and running speeds.

Pros for ballistic knife: ability to shoot retrievable knives.

Pros for combat knife: better melee hit detection AND doesn't take up a slot in your class.

Combat knife wins!

Ok, so, picture this.

It's nuketown headquarters. Our team is in control and I'm the only one alive. I'm prone behind a desk upstairs while the entire goddamn enemy team is downstairs capturing the HQ. I jump down the stairs after tossing my trusty Semtex, with my handy-dandy-dual-wieldy-long-barrely executioners. I freaking unload on them ALL. Only one survived, but he was too busy spinning around and shooting in the air to see my combat knife coming.

Naturally I didn't survive when the entire team enemy rushed me and shot me to s#!$, but that was still one of the most awesome feeling multi-kills that I've ever multi-killed.

Do not underestimate the power of the CQB class from hell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went top-of-the-lobby for several games in a row with my knife class. I have a knife, 6 perks, and a black hat PDA. It really helps with the occasional bouncing Betty, as I am usually inside when going melee. I can't remember all the perks I use at the moment but I know I use ghost, engineer, conditioning, lightweight, and some others which I can't remember.

I had one sweet streak in the big building which contains one of the bombs in Cargo demolition. I was upstairs and I hacked a Betty, and ran past and got ONE, TWO, THREE backstabs! I heard the newly hacked Betty go off and grabbed a sidearm off the ground and trigger fingered the place up, scoring another kill. Ran downstairs only to be ambushed by 2. It was fun while it lasted. :mrgreen: