Double tap/double tap II

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the simplest terms, yes. Essentially, your bullets split into 2 when you hit the trigger, meaning you have double the bullets, therefore the potential to have double the damage.

It also doesn't take up double the ammo so its a good perk. Treyarc realised noone was picking up double tap anymore and did something to make it more wantable and now people want to pick it up more.

Double-Tap Root Beer= Rate of Fire x1.33 | Damage x1

Double-Tap Root Beer II= Rate of Fire x1.2 | Damage x2

This guy pretty much has it spot on. Thats mainly what it does.

In the simplest terms, yes. Essentially, your bullets split into 2 when you hit the trigger, meaning you have double the bullets, therefore the potential to have double the damage.

It also doesn't take up double the ammo so its a good perk. Treyarc realised noone was picking up double tap anymore and did something to make it more wantable and now people want to pick it up more.

I always picked up Double Tap, was great with Shotguns and Assaults Rifles for killing faster

Regards Yellow-card8

I always picked up Double Tap, was great with Shotguns and Assaults Rifles for killing faster

Regards Yellow-card8

It is an absolute beast on SMG's like the MP5 and the AK74u! Makes them shoot so so so fast and do double the damage.

Headshots are a plus with that sucker. I mean, it takes like 2-4 bullets for a headshot up to round 11, then anywhere from 8-17 up to round 25.

IT'S A MADHOUSE

I'm really pleased that they did that with it :D It was one of my favourite perks in Black Ops 1, and when the others were introduced it really just died out. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

But they fixed it :D The price now actually seems legit for what you are getting from the perk as well :)

Double Tap II was genius. It makes even wall weapons kill well into the 30's at least, and don't even get me started about weapons like the HAMR. It's sort of like their way of making up for removing infinitely powerful guns from the box. People always complained about only being able to use one gun in the high rounds. Well, here's the solution :)

Thanks guys. I would also like to add that Double-Tap Root Beer also increased the fire cap on semi-automatic weapons, increased pump-action speed, and increased the speed of using explosive equipment and grenades. I do not know, however, if Double-Tap Root Beer II also has these changes are not. I suspect not, but I am not sure.

The thing about the original double-tap is that people used to say "all it does is make you run out of ammo faster!" however, it also kills them proportionately faster. One way to think of it is "why do I use rapid fire on my SMG in multiplayer?" there you go.

Usually I get jugg and revive in co-op, and save the last two for whatever other I want. However in BOII I ALWAYS prioritize DTII next. It's really awesome.

Nobody i played with used double tap in WaW or blops. Same reason " drains ammo". I found it very useful, and would use short bursts instead of laying on the trigger. Burst firing the ppsh and mg42 got me to high rounds in WaW, i always had a nice line-up for penetration. Double tap 2 is even better, but again start burst firing into trains for effective spread and penetration.