Bots in Offline Play

-Armageddon-

As a person who has many many issues with slow internet and horrible connection to the Playstation Network, i spend a decent chunk of my time experimenting my game playing with Bots.

The bots are definitely an upgrade over the bots used in the past Call of Duty. It was highly requested by people since it was not included into MW3 and I think they have done a great job with it.

The bots are now smarter than the past ones. They do alot more things that are more realistic (like not turning around and immediately shooting you in the face) and it just adds more realism to the mode. They can now play every single mode bar Search and Destroy, whereas in the past they could only play Free For All and Team Deathmatch, and the hardcore variants of those two modes.

I am yet to play on a harder difficulty than Recruit (its fun to get a Swarm and K9 Unit every time :D) but at the moment im happy with what they have done. It is a very polished part of offline play, which makes playing by yourself less boring. It also has a nice learning curve to it. It allows you to learn the basics and get better without being obliterated every single game you play.

The only request i make is that they allow a mode similar to the combat training in Black Ops 1. For some reason, ranking up and prestiging gives me a nice sense of achievement and just ranking up and doing the unlocks similar to multiplayer can be helpful and fun.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the Bots in the Call of Duty this year. What are your thoughts on the Bots (if you have tried) and what do you guys do with them to have fun / get better at the game?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mainly use them to test out classes for League Play. It's really good for testing out guns that you don't have unlocked on the main game, or setups that require high levels.

League play... I haven't tried that yet. What's it like? Apparently it isn't very good. Never seen more than 1k people on it before so :/

I like it quite a lot. Every single thing is unlocked, and you play only with people in your division, therefore at your skill level. You compete with people in your 250 person subdivision to try to get the most ladder points. You earn or lose ladder points with every win or loss. First you have to play 5 placement games to decide what league you go into. There are Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Masters divisions.

My signature shows the final placement of my league. Top 50 in a Gold subdivision. :)

Nice, 935th post! :D

I like it quite a lot. Every single thing is unlocked, and you play only with people in your division, therefore at your skill level. You compete with people in your 250 person subdivision to try to get the most ladder points. You earn or lose ladder points with every win or loss. First you have to play 5 placement games to decide what league you go into. There are Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Masters divisions.

My signature shows the final placement of my league. Top 50 in a Gold subdivision. :)

Nice, 935th post! :D

Top 50? :o Good job!

Congrats on the 935th post as well :) I might start league play when I get the time. I have a bit of trouble finding games though, thats the only problem :D

Top 50? :o Good job!

Oh, only in my subdivision of 250 people. A lot of people played their placement games then never actually played in their league. Still, I was really happy when I got my results.

How long do the things last for?

What was your KD/R like?

How good were the other people?

Sorry for asking so many questions, im just curious :)

Each "Season" lasts for a month.

K/D was good, I think. Every placement game I was in I had the most points overall, even when my team lost.

The other people were pretty good. I noticed that my team would always play the objective and help each other out in Domination.

I recommend playing in a solo league. I have not tried the team leagues, but an organized team would destroy a solo player.

Each "Season" lasts for a month.

K/D was good, I think. Every placement game I was in I had the most points overall, even when my team lost.

The other people were pretty good. I noticed that my team would always play the objective and help each other out in Domination.

I recommend playing in a solo league. I have not tried the team

Hmm okay, thanks for the clarification! I doubt if i tried that i'll get into a gold league, but hopefully i can try :)

I think you can enter clans into league play and play every match as a clan. If you were playing as a well organized team doing callouts and really helping eachother out then I think solo players would get absolutely smashed as well :)