Is there more to the easter egg after ToB: Yes.

Metacross

not to "Burge" in or anything but since it dosen't say (Press "Square") to build the navcard reader , maybe it could be built somewhere else? or maybe we put a part of the navcard reader elsewhere , for example , i find the radio (part of the navcard reader) quite suspicious and of more use than just that , what do u guys think?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, you Googled Sedan Crater and eventually found that? What if you Google the locations TEDD mentioned?

It was on like page 45 or something on Google when I searched 'Sedan Crater'. Haven't tried the other named locations.

Well then check your browser history?

I did and it's a bust. Didn't realize it was a gaming website just throwing out anagrams and ideas for their fanbase :evil:

got ya I assumed when he said heat the ovelisk he meant what u built. Well maybe spire and ovelisk have to different uses? Maybe this will hint to the plans? I think maxis feels the ONLY way to stop rich from controlling us all.. is to kill us all. Even though maxis is looked at as a good guy I think he will surprise us!

From what I have researched you DON'T HAVE TO build the Navcard reader to complete the EE. You are actually heating up the "tower" not what you have built under it. I haven't completed either EE as of yet but, that's what people who have done it say.

does anyone else feel that under the circumstances that the easter egg/tranzit map DOES have more to figure out, its going to specifically involve the actions of MARLTON? with the nuketown bonus map, all f the information and technology we currently know about...he just seems to be a standout when it comes to the cast to me...and with the Navcards, power, and him...just seems like a strong place to look for answers

got ya I assumed when he said heat the ovelisk he meant what u built. Well maybe spire and ovelisk have to different uses? Maybe this will hint to the plans? I think maxis feels the ONLY way to stop rich from controlling us all.. is to kill us all. Even though maxis is looked at as a good guy I think he will surprise us!

From what I have researched you DON'T HAVE TO build the Navcard reader to complete the EE. You are actually heating up the "tower" not what you have built under it. I haven't completed either EE as of yet but, that's what people who have done it say.

I've been saying this for a couple weeks. Richtofen never mentions the navcard table/reader when doing his EE. He tells you to build a jet gun, heat up the "obelisk" (the tower), collect 115, and reduce the power. He only mentions the table and navcards if you start collecting pieces of it. The table is NOT part of the EE (at least, not so far as it has been completed so far), and has no use as far as anyone knows at this point.

My personal belief is that it will be used when we get DLC.

I've been saying this for a couple weeks. Richtofen never mentions the navcard table/reader when doing his EE. He tells you to build a jet gun, heat up the "obelisk" (the tower), collect 115, and reduce the power. He only mentions the table and navcards if you start collecting pieces of it. The table is NOT part of the EE (at least, not so far as it has been completed so far), and has no use as far as anyone knows at this point.

well at this point, we dont need the navcard reader for the easter egg...but mebbe we dont need it because we're still not 100% right about it

assuming that the OP regarding the tweet IS true, we DONT have to WAIT FOR DLC to continue working on the easter egg...

and if thats the case wouldnt it make sense that the intangible mystery steps somehow revolve around the pieces that nobody has yet found a purpose for ?

well at this point, we dont need the navcard reader for the easter egg...but mebbe we dont need it because we're still not 100% right about it

assuming that the OP regarding the tweet IS true, we DONT have to WAIT FOR DLC to continue working on the easter egg...

and if thats the case wouldnt it make sense that the intangible mystery steps somehow revolve around the pieces that nobody has yet found a purpose for ?

Yep. IF there is more to the EE, and IF that "more" is available in the map, right now and not coming with DLC... then I would think the table is a part of it at some point. That I will agree on. The table is the only buildable that saves between games, and is the only thing nobody has found a use for yet... so one would think it has some kind of importance.

I'm still not convinced that there's more to the EE right now, but the navcard table makes a LOT more sense than most of the outlandish theories I've been reading around here.

Yep. IF there is more to the EE, and IF that "more" is available in the map, right now and not coming with DLC... then I would think the table is a part of it at some point. That I will agree on. The table is the only buildable that saves between games, and is the only thing nobody has found a use for yet... so one would think it has some kind of importance.

I'm still not convinced that there's more to the EE right now, but the navcard table makes a LOT more sense than most of the outlandish theories I've been reading around here.

Marlton is an electonics dude...hes present at nuketown...has anybody tested whether or not his character specifically has any sort of abilities/visions/etc surrounding the navcards (much like how certain characters are able to hear the voice of richtotfen)?

I personally think each character will have 1 part of the EE devoted to themselves. We know Samuels, I think Russman may be able to see things that the other can't, Marlton (and specifically his watch) are apparently supposed to be important (i think he'll use his watch to reprogram the nav card) and Misty is the only one I can't think of a specific job for.

Of course if anyone sees the swirling lights on the stoplights in the town with a character other than Russman my theory will fall flat on it's face.

• Administrators

You heat up the meteorite that is placed on the Nav Card table with the Jet Gun. I'm not sure what sources everyone has been looking up, but considering that the rock is part of building the table and is the only way of heating up the obelisk, I'd say it is included in the Easter Egg. Watch every video that you see attempting Richtofen's side of the EE. The tables will be fully built.

As for the Nav Cards...I too will assume that it can be carried over from DLC to DLC. Even when all four players have cards, none of them will work. Note that it's been done in Black Ops (Vril device from CotD + Focusing Stone from Shangri-La when going into Moon in order to complete the final Easter Egg), and it's more than likely to occur again.

What's the purpose of the electric trap? I'd think there's more than just setting it down to protect turbines or kill zombies. Maybe I should actually build it one game... :roll:

does anyone else feel that under the circumstances that the easter egg/tranzit map DOES have more to figure out, its going to specifically involve the actions of MARLTON? with the nuketown bonus map, all f the information and technology we currently know about...he just seems to be a standout when it comes to the cast to me...and with the Navcards, power, and him...just seems like a strong place to look for answers

In Nuektown Marlton says something about a broken watch, maby we build it here, or in the DLC?

Unless I'm mistaken He asks three questions and one answer is given. Everyone assumes yes is the answer to all the questions but I believe after I did the Babble easter egg we got a reward in our game. After finishing Rictofen's side with two people we went to the tower to look around I got there first and when he was trying to get to me an instakill "fell" out of the tower when he teleported. When he stayed and I teleported a few times he got a nuke to "fall" out of it. Wouldn't that be the reward and confirm its completion? I have a recording of just the power up part from both of our perspectives on youtube, and the whole game in my fileshare on xbox (GT: xw0spx) its just under two hours before it happens. I see the yes being directed towards the reward not the second bus personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkfgWZNojgo

Unless I'm mistaken He asks three questions and one answer is given. Everyone assumes yes is the answer to all the questions but I believe after I did the Babble easter egg we got a reward in our game. After finishing Rictofen's side with two people we went to the tower to look around I got there first and when he was trying to get to me an instakill "fell" out of the tower when he teleported. When he stayed and I teleported a few times he got a nuke to "fall" out of it. Wouldn't that be the reward and confirm its completion? I have a recording of just the power up part from both of our perspectives on youtube, and the whole game in my fileshare on xbox (GT: xw0spx) its just under two hours before it happens. I see the yes being directed towards the reward not the second bus personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkfgWZNojgo

This is what I mean about the zombies team being "trolls". I could totally see this. Rez; "What? I didn't lie.... you do get a reward for finishing the EE *trollface*"

But there's really no point in arguing it... those that think there is more will continue to believe no matter what. I'm not going to say that there definitely is not more... but I just highly doubt it at this point.

You heat up the meteorite that is placed on the Nav Card table with the Jet Gun. I'm not sure what sources everyone has been looking up, but considering that the rock is part of building the table and is the only way of heating up the obelisk, I'd say it is included in the Easter Egg. Watch every video that you see attempting Richtofen's side of the EE. The tables will be fully built.

As for the Nav Cards...I too will assume that it can be carried over from DLC to DLC. Even when all four players have cards, none of them will work. Note that it's been done in Black Ops (Vril device from CotD + Focusing Stone from Shangri-La when going into Moon in order to complete the final Easter Egg), and it's more than likely to occur again.

Wikipedia; "An obelisk (from Greek ὀβελίσκος - obeliskos,[1] diminutive of ὀβελός - obelos, "spit, nail, pointed pillar"[2]) is a tall, four-sided, narrow tapering monument which ends in a pyramid-like shape at the top..."

Now what does that sound like to you? The meteor or the tower? Just because everyone on youtube thinks you have to build the table before heating up the tower doesn't make it a fact.

Yeah I'm focusing on the Navcard Table now. Using a guest profile to go back and build it again without the power on etc...just to see if i can learn anything new.

I agree the obelisk is the tower which is also the spire. A spire is something that looks like the top of a church. If you notice, the electrical tower doesnt actually go up to a point, its flat on top, until you do the ee. Then it becomes a spire by creating a point with the electricity flowing up it making the 'extra' top piece. Also in one of the tv recordings, the guy says 'we've activated/completed the spire' which makes me think that the one he's talking about is another one somewhere else on the globe.

So as far as anyone knows, Richtofen is the only one that mentions the Navcard table right? He says you have to find the little card 'thingy'......when exactly does this audio quote come in? I was just in a game as misty, no navcard, and built 3/4 of the table before doing anything...and i didnt hear one piece of audio. Do you have to build the whole table first?