Unknown Earnable Perk?

Kill_All_Monkeys

So I was playing with 3 friends yesterday and while I was chillin at the bus depot around round 10 or so, someone got an insta-kill and I started knifing zombies like crazy. Toward the end of the insta-kill, I went to knife the last zombie I could see and when I did, one of those green orbs came out of him. I know it wasn't the headshot thing because I (re)earned that literally the very next round.

So I'm not sure how I got it, or what exactly it does because I didn't notice anything different for the rest of the match. But I decided on 3 things that could've factored into its acquisition.

1) It is melee related, as I had gotten a lot of knife kills that game.

2) Its linked to insta-kill, which would be odd because as far as I know, you can't earn the other 3 perks through the use of power-ups.

3) It could have something to do with the amount of one-hit-kills I had in that game, because I also got a lot of those with a sniper and shotgun earlier in the match.

I can't get a video or picture up at this time due to some computer issues, but I will go back in Theater Mode and put it into my profile later tonight for those of you on PS3 to look at it yourself.

Thoughts?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Interesting... a melee-related skill? I have never gotten such a thing, however, I have gotten many, many kills with the Galvaknuckles several games (at one point, even beyond a hundred with them). Perhaps your melee damage has gone up, or meleeing will give you more points now that you acquired some kind of orb?

It wasn't the headshot bonus because their heads didnt pop off for a while after this orb popped up. And I got the knuckles later that next round as well (it's usual for me to get 100+ kills with the knuckles in a good game). Unfortunately, I died shortly after that because of some stupidity on my friends' part. If I get it again, I'll mess around with the melee a bit more.

Very interesting...A few things to try to figure out the effect:

1) Test knife damage. Knife or glava-knuckles require less hits to kill. Maybe 2 knifes at round 3 or knuckles ohk longer or something

2) Knifing speed. This will be harder to test but should be possible on split screen. Maybe less time needed to reset knife, allowing you to knife in quicker sucession then before.

3) Longer insta-kill. Could be that insta-kills that you pick up have a longer duration. Try timing the next insta-kill you grab.

Do some tests and report back.

1) Test knife damage. Knife or glava-knuckles require less hits to kill. Maybe 2 knifes at round 3 or knuckles ohk longer or something

2) Knifing speed. This will be harder to test but should be possible on split screen. Maybe less time needed to reset knife, allowing you to knife in quicker sucession then before.

3) Longer insta-kill. Could be that insta-kills that you pick up have a longer duration. Try timing the next insta-kill you grab.

I was planning on a 30+ run on Tranzit tonight anyway so I will do some messing around when I start. I'll test out all 3 melee weapons if I can. I'll compare knifing speed to other games too through theater mode. This will also be the first match of Tranzit since that happened, assuming I have not lost whatever it was.

So I just had a long match where I used everything but the bowie knife, and I used melee almost the whole match and to no avail. I saw no discernible difference with melee what-so-ever.

So what else could it be then? Unless I just happened to have lost it beforehand somehow.

I also have this "earnable" I have posted about it before. I saw my green cloud when I galva knuckled a zomb of the bus window. The only ability that I could attribute it to was the faster sprint I have. It's not much, but I can outrun most people with he same weapon. And when I have Stamin-up its great. There is 100% a noticeable advantage. But I could never figure out how I got it. My brother has it also , as do some other players.

Try racing other players , and Timing how long ur sprint last from a standing position with a pistol

So I just had a long match where I used everything but the bowie knife, and I used melee almost the whole match and to no avail. I saw no discernible difference with melee what-so-ever.

So what else could it be then? Unless I just happened to have lost it beforehand somehow.

I also have this "earnable" I have posted about it before. I saw my green cloud when I galva knuckled a zomb of the bus window. The only ability that I could attribute it to was the faster sprint I have. It's not much, but I can outrun most people with he same weapon. And when I have Stamin-up its great. There is 100% a noticeable advantage. But I could never figure out how I got it. My brother has it also , as do some other players.

Try racing other players , and Timing how long ur sprint last from a standing position with a pistol

I don't see what it has to do with knifing, but it's worth a shot I suppose. I never thought about that because I usually get Stamin-up by round 1 or 2. Thanks for telling me this!

I remember in a NGTZombie vid that how you earn the Known Upgrades is similar to the Zombie's Related Achievements in World at War. There is an Achievement for earning Ten Melee Kills in a row while Insta-Kill is in effect. Now keep in mind, this was for Shin-No-Numa, that was before the Bowie Knife.

Maybe that was how it is unlocked?

I made a video via theater mode for those of you on PS3 that want to check it out.

Where can we find it? Could you upload it to youtube anyhow?

I also think its getting a certain amount of knife kills for the duration of insta kill. Did you take ANY damage whatsoever when you were on your knifing streak?

You should also test the lunges with the regular knife. It could help, because that thing is spastic when you try to lunge with it regularly :P I might be able to come on about tomorrow night (28 hours from now) to help you test out some things on PSN, and we can go looking for other permanent perks if you want :D *I have no perma-perks :(*

It is the stamina up perma perk and u just happened that the required miles needed in a game came when u got the knife kill

That would make alot of sense. Does anyone know the certain mileage needed?

I have ran over 100 miles in one game , no orb. But, I have gotten the melee orb before. It is not related to miles. Period

People should read entire post , not just last few.

So somebody watched my game at that time and said that all the windows got completely boarded up right after. I have not personally checked this out yet but I will see if this is true, I still remain somewhat doubtful that it is a carpenter, but I digress.

I can't really upload anything to the internet right now as my computer isn't exactly functioning at this time, I'm currently doing this via ipod.

Also, one of my friends did a little experimenting himself and said to get the Staminup perk, you have to run somewhere between 250 to 300 miles in a single match in Tranzit. He has some ideas on the other earnable perks, but they seem somewhat unlikely and I will post them later if my friends or myself finds some hard evidence on them.

Feel free to add me on the PSN if you want to check this out with me, I can't garuntee that I'll be able to play with you as I already have a lot people who I play zombies with, but I am free or am in need of an extra player or two every once in a while.