Marlton in Loading Screen?

Bailey

Hey all,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this has been said before. I went back to Black Ops the other day to play some nostalgic Ascension.... and during the loading screen, it hit me. What if that man on the far left is Marlton? He has the same qualities, clothing, and other attributes? And then the question arises - why is this man pictured on three of the loading screens? He obviously must have been important to Treyarch. Please post your comments, questions concerns, I want to hear some "experts" about this.

Also, what about the blank portrait in Kino Der Toten? I wonder if this has any significance... Only time can tell.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the loading screen is showing Dr. Gersh working in his lab, and on the right, being sucked into the Gersh Device as heard in the radios.

+1

Agreed. It's most likely Gersch that we see in the images. I suppose it could possibly be Yuri too, but it's a lot more likely that it's Gersch we're seeing.

Any similarities in body type or clothing is most likely a coincidence.

I don't want to immediately accept this theory nor do I want to dismiss it immediately. It's semi-plausible, as Marlton was alive at this point in time and was evidently involved in top U.S. experiments. But the doubts arrive, obviously, when one questions why Marlton would be in Russia in the 60s or what he would have to do with Ascension. Not to mention the fact that Treyarch probably hadn't come up with Marlton's character yet :lol:

Thanks for the replies everyone! My question is this: why would Gersch, Yuri, or whoever this mystery man is be on Call of the Dead's and Shangri-La's loading screens? I can definitely accept the fact that it is indeed Gersch or Yuri, but I don't want to dismiss this idea so quickly. Again, thanks for the replies!

• Administrators

Thanks for the replies everyone! My question is this: why would Gersch, Yuri, or whoever this mystery man is be on Call of the Dead's and Shangri-La's loading screens? I can definitely accept the fact that it is indeed Gersch or Yuri, but I don't want to dismiss this idea so quickly. Again, thanks for the replies!

Where do you see them on those screens?

Where do you see them on those screens?

http://blackopscod.dcj21.net/wp-content ... creen1.jpg

http://blackopscod.dcj21.net/wp-content ... g-Page.png

In both pictures look in the top left corner, the part that is ripped away. Don't hate if that's not really what it is, though, because I'm a noob xD

• Administrators

Ooooooh! Ok I see what you mean now. Basically, the tops of the pages were ripped off and the maps that show up behind or in front of others is just Treyarch telling us what the order of the maps is. :)

• Administrators

I still think it's Yuri. Why? Because you can help Gersch escape, yet on the comic books you can see different things.

The scientist was telported into Aether/Somewhere else and came back with numbers all around him. Now, what enemy do we know that has numbers floating around him like alphabet soup? ;)

Umm...Barack Obama?

Okay okay, I was just yanking your chain. But when you look at the mystery person, he does not match up with the physique of the Pentagon Thief at all. The mystery scientist is not balding, and doesn't have on his goggles or thick rubber gloves. Unless the Aether equips with a new wardrobe. Plus, I'm quite sure that the Pentagon Thief is not Russian [though I could be wrong on that one].

I'm going to assume the character on the left is Yuri, then on the right is Gersh being trapped in the Aether or his own creation.