Early tweet from Jimmy

NLjaan

There is a tweet though that caught my attention:

"Let's talk rank, and characters and when and where...zombies is all about discovery. The clues are there. You tell me. Start with rank."

Maybe your rank has to do with how far you can progress further through the easter egg.

Also starting to get pretty convinced that the characters play a certain role in all this, like Samuel who can only hear Richtofen. I'm pretty sure Marlton is able to do something special that has to do with building something. He constantly talks about how what he builds is superior. Also the other characters constantly mention him when they want something to technical to get done.

What I wanna suggest is we have a team of 4 preferably, and have them do the EE but have Marlton build EVERYTHING. No one picks up an item except for marlton. Who knows, the NavCard machine might work or I don't know but in my opinion this is really worth trying!

The tweet in question is here BTW: https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy/stat ... 6650164224

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let's talk rank, and characters and when and where...zombies is all about discovery. The clues are there. You tell me. Start with rank."

Maybe your rank has to do with how far you can progress further through the easter egg.

Also starting to get pretty convinced that the characters play a certain role in all this, like Samuel who can only hear Richtofen. I'm pretty sure Marlton is able to do something special that has to do with building something. He constantly talks about how what he builds is superior. Also the other characters constantly mention him when they want something to technical to get done.

What I wanna suggest is we have a team of 4 preferably, and have them do the EE but have Marlton build EVERYTHING. No one picks up an item except for marlton. Who knows, the NavCard machine might work or I don't know but in my opinion this is really worth trying!

SO MANY IDEAS !!!!!Damnnit

It's worth a shot, actually. It'll be tedious but hey - aren't we known to explore all the unknowns?

Now all I need is a good EE team...

It is, but I doubt those refereces are a co-incidence. Also Marlton is the only character from the 4 who makes a cameo in Nuketown.

Some quotes from other characters about the guy:

Misty

"Huh. Some kind of wind machine...I'll ask Marlton what it does."

"I won't hurt Marlton's feelings by telling him I made this. I'll just say I found it."

"I don't need Marlton to do all this...but it's nice to make him feel important."

Russman

"If only we had a nerdy science geek to turn on the lights... Hey, Marlton!"

In each quote there's an emphasis on Marlton knowing more than they do. They all seem to agree that Marlton is the smarter one.

There has to be more to this guy.

Also I'm on PS3, anyone who's up can add me: NLjaan

I don't have a mic, but that does not make me a bad player.

Can't be I have a skull with a knife and I have never even touched the EEs. :P

You got it the other way around, read my post again because that isn't what I said.

Anyone with any rank can do the EE up until you get the trophy, be it a bone, two bones etc., but maybe you need to be a certain rank to go further.

That might be a better way to explain what I ment by that. I'm Dutch so sometimes it's hard for me to explain exactly what I mean.

Anyway I'd rather have people try the Marlton thing, then bother about the ranks for now, I really think there could be something to it.

• Administrators

I believe he means that you can progress further into the Easter Egg if you meet a certain rank.

But even then, ranks are only a display of statistics and to what rating you would be considered based on those numbers. I can't see being a Skull w/ shotguns having the ability to "complete" the whole Easter Egg if there were even any more steps as of now.

• Moderators

You got it the other way around, read my post again because that isn't what I said.

Anyone with any rank can do the EE up until you get the trophy, be it a bone, two bones etc., but maybe you need to be a certain rank to go further.

That might be a better way to explain what I ment by that. I'm Dutch so sometimes it's hard for me to explain exactly what I mean.

Anyway I'd rather have people try the Marlton thing, then bother about the ranks for now, I really think there could be something to it.

Oh, I am sorry for misunderstanding you.

I believe he means that you can progress further into the Easter Egg if you meet a certain rank.

But even then, ranks are only a display of statistics and to what rating you would be considered based on those numbers. I can't see being a Skull w/ shotguns having the ability to "complete" the whole Easter Egg if there were even any more steps as of now.

InfestLithium's got it. But again, that wasn't the main point to my post, it was just a side-idea after seeing the tweet. Jimmy said:

Let's talk rank, and characters and when and where...zombies is all about discovery. The clues are there. You tell me. Start with rank.

You tell me that tweet hasn't anything to do with the EE, then what else? Rank seems to be of some importance to the EE. As do Characters, and as it appears by that tweet, when and where matters too.

Oh, I am sorry for misunderstanding you.

No need to apoligize about it at all. (:

I completed both EE, have all achievements, and ranked 500 or better in almost every stats and still stuck on a skull for weeks. Its messed up dude.

The tweet in question is here BTW: https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy/stat ... 6650164224

All he is saying is that you have to figure it out. He did NOT give you any hints. He just said to figure it out. You are looking way too deep into this; you're not going to find anything that way.

• Administrators

I TOLD you people we were supposed to figure out rank by ourselves!

No one questioned you. Everyone knows we are supposed to, but info would still be nice. That's there point. :)

Well, from this quote it seems Jimmy thinks we have everything we need to figure it out.

Let's talk rank, and characters and when and where...zombies is all about discovery. The clues are there. You tell me. Start with rank.

I am proud of you guys...some are getting very close to understanding the ranking. Watch your rank every day, and even after every game.

Seriously, some of you are making great progress, keep it up! The rest of you might want to run faster. And no, I will never tell.

I have seen enough...you have all the info you need. Just say it!

Is that it then? Final answer? Commitment.

You all are missing so many of his tweets. Someone has it figured out.

Okay, so lets say that You need to be at a certain Rank in order to continue the EE(If there is a next Step).

Well, Problem Found. The Rank's aren't perminant. You can drop in Rank just by not playing for a day or two. Not everyone has a so much time free to play Zombies.

Ah-Oh, Nother Problem. So far, some have stated(Same Here)they have recieved a Demotion due to "Corrupted Rank" That seems to be happening to alot of people, more that once.

Wait...Anoter- No...Nevermind..Oh, actually yeah. Another DAMN Problem. If we are to stay "Commited" then how are we to do that? We obviously don't know how the Ranking System Works, so how can we Commit to a High Rank when we don't know how to get to a specific Rank or how many Ranks their are.

Simply Put, if There is a "Next Step" to the EE in Green Run, and we HAVE to be at a speciic Rank to get to it. I'll be really Ticked Off.

Clearly Treyarch hasn't planned this really well.

Okay, so lets say that You need to be at a certain Rank in order to continue the EE(If there is a next Step).

Well, Problem Found. The Rank's aren't perminant. You can drop in Rank just by not playing for a day or two. Not everyone has a so much time free to play Zombies.

Ah-Oh, Nother Problem. So far, some have stated(Same Here)they have recieved a Demotion due to "Corrupted Rank" That seems to be happening to alot of people, more that once.

Wait...Anoter- No...Nevermind..Oh, actually yeah. Another DAMN Problem. If we are to stay "Commited" then how are we to do that? We obviously don't know how the Ranking System Works, so how can we Commit to a High Rank when we don't know how to get to a specific Rank or how many Ranks their are.

Simply Put, if There is a "Next Step" to the EE in Green Run, and we HAVE to be at a speciic Rank to get to it. I'll be really Ticked Off.

The emblems are permanent but the tallies (blue eyes at 5 tallies) are not. It seems once you gain an emblem you can't lose it!

The emblems are permanent but the tallies (blue eyes at 5 tallies) are not. It seems once you gain an emblem you can't lose it!

if that is the case, then that means the blue eyes are NOT part of the rank and something else entirely, because certainly many of us have had skull with blue eyes, and then logged in again and not had the blue eyes...

I completed both EE, have all achievements, and ranked 500 or better in almost every stats and still stuck on a skull for weeks. Its messed up dude.

Way2g00 is on my friends list, he has all but nearly wiped out the entire Zombie outbreak himself, yet only has the Standard Shield, 5 Tally Marks & Skull with Blue Eyes.

I highly doubt that the ranking system would have anything to do with completing all secrets. It's a rank, surely it does not unlock any special ability? (although Blue Eyes might be an ability?) that would be completely s**t.

I think the secrets lie within each character. Each character may have a certain ability or 'skill' that they can interact with different objects within the map. Figuring out what they are is the 'commitment'

To the people that are saying Treyarch clearly hasn't thought things out.. you've got to be kidding me. Just because you don't understand the logic behind what they have done yet doesn't mean they didn't "think things out" they just clearly thought it out so well that it's taking time to figure it out. The petition thread... I'm sorry but that's bullshit and I won't even click on it. I've seen another thread on here where the poster logically explains how he thinks it works and it's pretty good, I suggest looking for it. If there's any glitches or anything going on then it'll come out in the wash in the end. I don't think there's any mistakes by Treyarch concerning the ranking system and once it's revealed or confirmed at Jimmy's discretion everyone can facepalm and be happy. Until then it is what it is, don't let it frustrate you just play you some zombies.

To the more important part of this post.

OP made a mistake in combining the naughty word "rank" with his excellent theory on character specific EE development. As stated above there are many threads dealing with the rank stuff so lets not focus on that.

Lets rename this thread to point towards character specific research and get to crackin. If there is any link between the two then its likely just the blue eye thing anyway.

I think the secrets lie within each character. Each character may have a certain ability or 'skill' that they can interact with different objects within the map. Figuring out what they are is the 'commitment'

THIS! We know that one can hear voices, and I'm guessing Marlton has something to do with the buildables. (Maybe only he should make things?) As for Misty and Russman... I draw a blank.

Seriously there should be a whole new thread for this.

Guys the rank quote definitely hss to do with blue eyes. I have a really good feeling when you have blue eyes there is something you can see that people without blue eyes cant. I also think his quote about "you have everything you need just say it" or something like that has to do with the diner. the sign says NOW DIE and the arrow is kinda pointing to the roof it also says ON 4 U but idk what is has to do with maybe get tombstone and die on the roof idk just brainstorming