Interesting things I have found in Tranzit on my own

Has anyone else seen the following things in the map Green Run on Tranzit mode and can explain why they are there and if they have any significance? If so please reply your thoughts any information will help!

- Windmills in the cornfield: Just to the left of the secret location "Nacht Der Untoten" are two (maybe more) windmills in the cornfield. Also not far from there we found a certain (rather wide) path in the cornfield that has an invisible barrier that will not let the player or the freecam in theater mode through. It makes me think that being as the blocked path is pretty wide this could be an alternate path the bus could take because if you notice in the beginning of the game the bus comes from around the backside of the bus depot where the first navcard is located and that proves it can access out of bounds areas the player cannot. Also have you noticed the bus travels much faster if nobody is riding it? And maybe the windmills could have something to do with the air cannon? Just a thought.

- Skulls at the cabin: If you've been to the abandoned "Evil Dead" cabin near the town and were observant instead of just running in and out to buy the bowie knife and grab the pressure guage, then you noticed the skulls on the wall of the front porch and laying everywhere inside. Look closely, they are Monkey Skulls!

- Sedan billboard: There is a billboard on the road to the right immediately after you leave the diner area that says "Sedan! An entirely new way of _____ing"(driving or moving maybe, the word is too blurry to read). There are broken down Sedans all throughout the map so maybe this holds some significance?

- The Power Room & PaP vault rooms: Ever get the feeling the two are connected in some way? Both are underground, have one of the most important buildables in the game, and the whole "having to put a turbine down under the shack at the power where the wires are snapped and lead through the window that looks like an un-built barrier to open the packapunch room in the town thing seems all to right there in your face. Cause if you notice the packapunch is closed even with the power on you still have to use a turbine, and these wires spread throughout the whole level. There are a series of windows in the tunnel that look like barriers but have no boards to rebuild and if you look in those rooms there is a yellow sign that says shelter, a door, and a hallway. Then at the bus depot out front to the right of the meteor above the barrier is the same "shelter" sign. These "un-buildable barriers" are all over the map and I think they are connected in some way. Unless it's just out of bounds territory thats supposed to throw us off idk just spitballing.

- Windows in PackaPunch lab: Twoout of the four that are down there have weird little key-in-code box things on them with the numbers "0246378" and "43006". Any ideas as to why?

- Railroad: Has anyone seen the big green train cars that all have the number 24 and a power indicator on them? There are quite a few but they are on a little stretch of railroad between the power house and the town. I think I've seen a couple somewhere else but idk where.

- Weird pictures: There are three very weird and kind of disturbing pictures on the walls inside the bar/pool hall in the town. If anyone has seen these and really looked them down and know what they mean please reply!

Most of these things I found while observing in freecam, but that's everything I thought was interesting! I honestly think that this easter egg goes more in depth than everyone is assuming. Keep looking and killing! Thanks for reading!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum lad! And very nice observations; a lot of what you mentioned has already been discussed about, but not to great lengths.

- The windmills are interesting. I never saw them, but I'll check on 'em. How the bus enters, I believe is actually how the bus came to Green Run.

- The skulls seem like decor, but for once in a zombies map, it doesn't make sense as to where these skulls came from. Seems kinda cannibalistic to me, yes? You mention that it's monkey skulls as well. Could this further the idea that Denizens were originally monkeys? And even so, why would there be their skulls in a cabin? We really need to explore that cabin to find any clues as to why it's there.

- Sedan billboard...I know it's mentioned quite a few times in a topic somewhere. Try looking here: viewforum.php?f=100

- Connection to PaP and Power? Then you do believe like me! I always assumed there was some "path" between them since powering the vault door at the power bunker opens the way to PaP. Even though this is probably not significant to the story whatsoever, this should still be researched.

- It doesn't seem like they can be accessed. Maybe the number machines need to be activated in some order/after a particular step?

- I don't think the train vault doors can open up, but the only speculation I can infer is it having to do with the door-opening sound after activating the T.V. at Farm. Even if they could open up, what exactly would be there considering it's all bunked in the fog?

- The weird pictures still need explaining. The one with the pillar tower refers to the Tower of Babble Easter Egg (hence the picture being a shot of the original Tower of Bable). The burning building seems like the destruction of Earth immediately after the rockets from Moon hit. The ear one is...rather weird. Perhaps it refers to the voices of Maxis and Richtofen being heard from the crew.

These are still good finds - keep 'em coming!

• Administrators

- Skulls at the cabin: If you've been to the abandoned "Evil Dead" cabin near the town and were observant instead of just running in and out to buy the bowie knife and grab the pressure guage, then you noticed the skulls on the wall of the front porch and laying everywhere inside. Look closely, they are Monkey Skulls!

- The skulls seem like decor, but for once in a zombies map, it doesn't make sense as to where these skulls came from. Seems kinda cannibalistic to me, yes? You mention that it's monkey skulls as well. Could this further the idea that Denizens were originally monkeys? And even so, why would there be their skulls in a cabin? We really need to explore that cabin to find any clues as to why it's there.

The skulls are elongated, same ones as the skulls on the shrine in Shangri-La if I remember correctly. I don't a similarity for the Denizens, however. I can't tell if the skulls are repeating nonsense like the grim reaper bloodstains or if they mean something, but I theorize the long skulls are related to the Vril-ya.

- Sedan billboard: There is a billboard on the road to the right immediately after you leave the diner area that says "Sedan! An entirely new way of _____ing"(driving or moving maybe, the word is too blurry to read). There are broken down Sedans all throughout the map so maybe this holds some significance?

Image via PINNAZ

Some believe that it's a direct reference to the Sedan blast inside the large Nevada Test Site (NTS), since somewhere in the NTS is where Nuketown takes place. Therefore, some have said that Nuketown happens during the Sedan blast: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 80#p249006

- Weird pictures: There are three very weird and kind of disturbing pictures on the walls inside the bar/pool hall in the town. If anyone has seen these and really looked them down and know what they mean please reply!

The weird pictures still need explaining. The one with the pillar tower refers to the Tower of Babble Easter Egg (hence the picture being a shot of the original Tower of Bable). The burning building seems like the destruction of Earth immediately after the rockets from Moon hit. The ear one is...rather weird. Perhaps it refers to the voices of Maxis and Richtofen being heard from the crew.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 00&t=25169

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 69#p246997