The Wires!

Jrrhack

This is just a theory but I think the wires have some part to play in the easter egg. All over the map you can see that they are somehow connected whether it be to the tower, the traffic lights, or the sparking wires near all the turbine-openable doors. But when going into theater mode as if to trace the wires, they are all gone! It seems to me that treyarch doesnt want to make it easy for us to find where the wires lead. The only wires that I see that remain in theater mode are the ones that the traffic lights actually hang on, the one that fals from the tower to the ground, and maybe a few around power. I think if someone could noclip during a game and follow these wires we might get a little closer to finishing the easter egg, thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are most likely there leading from the Power Plant to other stops, sending power.

Sparkling wires near/on turbine doors may simply be there for aesthetic effect, especially since the sparks we see we would often associate with power/electricity.

although following a few may be interesting.Try it out and report back.

Jrrhack I think you are right. If you shoot the wires they sway and spark. In example, the wire on the electrical poll to the left of the shed (in Diner area). If you shoot that wire the right way, it sways and touches this metal object on the Shed and causes a spark. Maybe there are more of these on the map. And maybe each player has to do it at the same time or within a certain time frame.

At this point im looking for things on the map that come in 2's and 4's. That's gonna point us to the next step. There's no way this thing is over. Youtube and forums are full of quitters and wining children that give up when things get tough. Thanks for making a post on the wires!

no problem, also triple does have a point about some of them just being aesthetics. I thought maybe the sparking wires near the turbine openable doors are just there to signify that the power has been cut and thats why you need a turbine to open the doors. But it still seems strange tht all the wires dissapear once in theater mode

Try setting up a turbine under/near them. Triple you are the biggest pessimist on this forum, just sayin

I think he's the most realistic person on this forum! I remember back in Ascension, with those wires attached to that box etc., but yet nothing came of it. Yes it's a good idea but i'm sure someone has tried it already!!

I wanna make a thread about voting Triple X for UOTM.

Other than that...

If its not clipping, there probably isn't anything you can find. Treyarch only making things in the map seeable from in the game and theatre mode. The game isn't meant to be noclipped on. You'll see if you try to noclip into the room in the town next to the sign 'Moon' that there isn't much. Same goes if you try to do it into the church.

Triple X isn't being pessimistic.

Unless he actually is. If he is, I take back everything i said.

The wires likely disappear in theater mode because:

A: You're not close enough to them

B: They are not actual objects if I recall, simply textures applied there.

C: In a mode like COD's theatre,it is not likely to even show things of such insignificance. Tiny little applied textures.

We must also consider this, in an EE where most steps are clearly dictated to us, (we are at least told about each one), Richtofen or Maxis would have told us about another step,instead of saying things that seem profoundly like the conclusion.

Also, in the current state the EE is in,what would shooting wires (again, for the most part they are simply placed textures) start or accomplish?

There's just too much going against this (I'll mention the lack of voice files again) to chase after this. I get going after something like the church, but, wires?

So are you saying all the buildable parts have little significance? Because they disappear to in theater mode. Also im not saying you have to noclip to find the wires, but it would make it easier. You compare it to the moon building and the church which have nothing to do with this. Sorry no offense but i would never vote you uotm, when ideas are turned down by simply saying they are wrong or insignificant we will never finish this easter egg. You cant say they are insignificant because they dont appear in theater mode, if so then all buildable pieces are insignificant. The reason i think they are hidden is because treyarch didnt want to make it easy for us to find them

Really long shot don't think there's much in the wire ee wise

But you could always try shooting a wire that sway near another broken wire to see if the electric arcs across and possible opens up the next step or some kind of door.

It a long shot thou and doubt much would come of it if anything at all. But if u can shoot them to make them sway they must be more the just textures because textures don't have hit Boxes.

Jrrhack I think you are right. If you shoot the wires they sway and spark. In example, the wire on the electrical poll to the left of the shed (in Diner area). If you shoot that wire the right way, it sways and touches this metal object on the Shed and causes a spark. Maybe there are more of these on the map. And maybe each player has to do it at the same time or within a certain time frame.

At this point im looking for things on the map that come in 2's and 4's. That's gonna point us to the next step. There's no way this thing is over. Youtube and forums are full of quitters and wining children that give up when things get tough. Thanks for making a post on the wires!

Yeah, it's just whiny, quitter kids. Tell you what, go back and find the ice cave in Call of the Dead for me. While you're at it, please find the continuation of the Ascension Easter egg that opens that door across from where the rocket launches? Come on... don't wanna be a whiny kid that gives up on things, do you?

There is no more to Tranzit's Easter egg. Period. At least not until DLC is released. I have no problem with people who want to continue to look if they disagree with me because as long as they're having fun with the game, who am I to tell them to stop? But if you're going to start talking shit about people that realize the EE is over being "quitters and wining children" then I do have an issue with it. You can do your pointless searching without offending others.

It has always amused me since Ascension regarding Easter Egg continuations. I love watching people blindly following a guy who says that he "got into the PPSH room" or "got into the ice cave". It almost makes me laugh when people get into "EE teams" to try this theory out when it is obviously wrong. Still, you have to admire their faith, and I am in the camp that believes Green Run will contain the biggest Easter Egg Treyarch have ever made.

But I'm pretty sure that right now there is no way to continue the Easter Egg until a new DLC comes out. Anyhow, it is quite cool seeing the imagination of various people come out!

Im not saying the wires are the "continuation" to the easter egg, all I am saying is that they have some sort of relevance. Why even bring up ascension and call of the dead, yes obviously those easter eggs are over, but look at you, not even one month into the game and you are positive this ones over. Maybe they will have some sort of connection between maps, in fact im sure of it. All im saying is that there are still things left to be uncovered in tranzit and maybe finding out how all the wires are connected will help. If anyone wants to down on my theory or the fact that tranzits easter egg is over, please feel free to make a new thread entitled "I Give Up"

@Triple Ex Come on man, if you wanna give up on the EE, fine, but I believe that you said in another post that Zombies is all about the discovery and that 3arc giving us the answers ruins it.

I did. Although What does that have to do with this? When did I mention Treyarch at all here?