Avogadro

tom_green_day

I didn't see any threads about him (?) so I thought he'd need to be discussed, since I don't think he's just a George-style annoyance/boss

-Amedeo Avogadro was a physicist in the late 1700s- early 1800s, who invented something called the Avogadro Law. I won't explain it here in full, but just wikipedia his name if you want. It's basically the amount of molecules in a mole.

-This probably links into the element 115 in some way, although a slow computer doesn't help my digging.

-My theory is that linking to him is a way to reverse element 115, either again Richto, Samantha or just to stop them entirely.

-There is something called the International Avogadro Coordination. It's basically a group of metrology institutes across different nationalities to try and accurately measure the Avogadro constant. I won't lie, the Wikipedia entry on it confuses me, but these quotes caught my eye 'X-ray crystal density' ' highly polished spheres of silicon with a mass of one kilogram'' 4.8-kg single crystal of isotopically-enriched silicon' People playing around with lasers, crystals, and other 80's sci-fi stuff. Maybe this means something?

-Think about the way that only melee hurts him. Is it just so he's harder, or hinting to something else?

This thread isn't me saying a theory much, it's trying to get other people to brainstorm ideas about him. He intrigues me... In the short space of time it takes to stab him doooown.

Thank you for reading, and I hope this newbie isn't just spamming up your brainwaves.

EDIT: Mole's day. October 23rd, the date is based on Avo's constant. Anything important happen on this day?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alot of people are wondering wherethe name comes from and why this character is on the map. only when the research is fleshed out can we actually begin to understand what or who he is. his purpose is a "mobile energy source" as MAXXIS states in his easter egg. I also beleive RICHTOFEN mentions this as well. We have to think that a full backstory for him may never be released. As of now there is not much to go off of so maybe in the future well hear radios talking about it.

Sorry, I searched his names in the forums and there weren't any posts so assumed no-one was talking about him.

On the Oct21 thing, I searched the interwebs for a bit and these dates stood out:

1978 – Australian civilian pilot Frederick Valentich vanishes in a Cessna 182 over the Bass Strait south of Melbourne, after reporting contact with an unidentified aircraft.

1965 – Comet Ikeya-Seki approaches perihelion, passing 450,000 kilometers from the sun.

These are the only ones that have even the slightest resemblance to anything found in zombies. Taken from the wikipedia entry for the date. Also searched the release dates for things relating to BO1 and WaW, thought it could be the release date for DLC or something but I guess not.

This is a great power source, although it will have to be amplified. With any higher output our communications will likely cease. We will require a burst of tremendous voltage.

From the quote taken from Tac's Scripted quotes, we can tell that Avogadro is actually more volts than amps. Thi also tells us that the Avogadro is made of a lower output than the actual power on the map. Let's say the power on the maps we all know and love runs on 210. This means Avogadro runs on less. Meaningless, maybe. In game quote suggests otherwise.

AVODRAGO got his hame from the leaked acheivement lists before the game came out the acheivement was "you have no power over me - defeat AVODRAGO without being electricuted." the name was later changed to "Him" after the release of the game.

I think personally that to we as gamers who are used to deciphering the zombies lore, maybe looking to deep into certain aspects. The question then becomes "if the creators know we would be looking for answers, would they put anything into the game that wasnt important to the lore?" I dont beleive so. But that doesnt mean that the answers are all there, we still have many a secrets to disscover about tranzit and we still have more DLC coming that could easily explain more.

The truth of the matter is we havent fully mapped out all the data from tranzit yet. until we do we have to base our theories on what we know and not go "down the rabbit hole" looking so deeply into certain aspects of information. example being; AVADROGO'S CONSTANT leads us to the scientist himself which leads us to "Mole Day" which we then take as maybe something significant happened on those days or to assume that the denizens have "mole" (animal) traits such as burrowing. we get carried away and lose the origional picture.

instead of focusing on who avadrogo really is or why or even what, lets take the bits we have and apply it to our unified theory of everything. How does this creature play into the puzzle that is zombies? we know what WE have used him for, but he had different origional purpose it seems to me. So we have to start with what CAN he be used for? if it is NOT a zombie it MUST NOT be controlled by richtofen. It appears INTELLIGENT and AGGRESSIVE towards players. This thing is not of the zombie apocolypse but the result of either government operations secretly being conducted in this small washington town OR a SUPERNATURAL being of some sort that was captured or is attempting to "break through" to our dimension through the electricity it uses to function.