Petition To get Ranking System Info from Treyarch.

Jeager1999

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ranking system is meant to be discovered.

This is CoDz.

The home of CODZombies theory.

Why ask for this stuff? We are meant to discover it, this "petition" is just silly.

i agree, kinda. kinda because the game has now been out almost a month, and literally no headway has been made on "discovering" how this abstract ranking system works.

And who's fault is that? People who have just given and are now so dedicated to this surrender that they have made/are signing petition for Treyarch to do our job for us.

No no no. This is like signing a petition for EE info.

I belive this man got it right.

~

Honestly, petitioning Treyarch for info?

Forshame, CoDz. Forshame.

The ranking system should have been explained in the Maxis diary entry when I first turned on the game. I know zombies are supposed to mystical and what not, but this is like changing the prestiage system for multiplayer into something no one understands and then not explaining it.

The ranking system is not some piece of the story or a means to discovering the remaining secrets of the TranZit map. It's part of the newly added statistical interface and it has not been explained at all.

Even the video you posted has the guy saying there's extra factors to it, that he doesn't completely understand. And something like this shouldn't require statistical analysis to figure out. It should be told to us.

This is the first game I've ever seen that included a ranking system where 3 weeks in the community still had no clue how the mechanics works.

The ranking system should have been explained in the Maxis diary entry when I first turned on the game. I know zombies are supposed to mystical and what not, but this is like changing the prestiage system for multiplayer into something no one understands and then not explaining it.

No,it's not. Multiplayer stays simple and open because CoD is one of the most casual/widespread audience - oriented games in existence.People don't want to think, there'll be a few simple systems like K:D and Prestige, but again,nothing to tax your mind,it's just a mindless relaxant.

ZOMBIES however is quite the opposite. Despite it's very simple gameplay (even there 3Arc are making commendable efforts to make more complex), halfof the game has always been theorizing,analyzing, figuring,making breakthroughs.We made areputation out of it.

"You want a massive and mind-boggling story? Figure itout yourself".

"Okay Treyarch! :D

"Here, figure out this ranking system.

"WTFMANYOUSHOULDJUSTBEEXPLAININGTHISTOOUSGAWDMAN!"

You see the problemchere.

The ranking system is not some piece of the story or a means to discovering the remaining secrets of the TranZit map. It's part of the newly added statistical interface and it has not been explained at all.

It's not that it's part of the story,it's that 3Arc are taking thatelement of discovery and applying it to other aspects of the game.

Even the video you posted has the guy saying there's extra factors to it, that he doesn't completely understand.

Even our best theorists admit that we don't know everything by any stretch of the imagination.

And something like this shouldn't require statistical analysis to figure out. It should be told to us.

Many would say The zombies story doesn't need to be painstakingly researched with tons of history and esoteric things and conspiracy theories,it should be made clear what happenedin every map.

Also, :lol: who are you to say that 3Arc "should"be doing this? The entitlement astoundsme.

This is the first game I've ever seen that included a ranking system where 3 weeks in the community still had no clue how the mechanics works.

This is also the first game where the community has to work so hard to figure out what happened outside (and inside) of the maps they're playing.

This is CoDz.

Why ask for this stuff? We are meant to discover it, this "petition" is just silly.

i agree, kinda. kinda because the game has now been out almost a month, and literally no headway has been made on "discovering" how this abstract ranking system works.

And who's fault is that? People who have just given and are now so dedicated to this surrender that they have made/are signing petition for Treyarch to do our job for us.

well i can't speak for everybody, but I'm a grown-up with a full time job and family and responsibilities... pardon me for not having endless hours to try and decipher this quizzical system of bones and skulls and hashmarks lol

This is CoDz.

The idea of the rank is to reflect our level of skill (obviously.) however we have no clue what the formula is, or any specifics.

Take this example.

I doubt this is it, but of it was based on a kill / down ratio, how many kills to deaths earns you the next rank? 100? 200? More? There is no way of telling except by manually testing. But what if it ISN'T based on that ratio? There are a nearly infinite number of formulas possible based on combinations of stats. Can we conceivably try every combination, even as an entire community?

So treyarch offering literally NO information on it whatsoever, and you trying to justify them doing it, is like telling us to bang on our keyboards randomly and hope one of us might eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare. we have no heading and an infinite number of possibilities.

No, it is NOT like an Easter egg. We have no hints or indicators of what ranks us up, whereas in an Easter egg there are hints like voices, or glowing orbs. What the hell does this even mean? Oh cool, a knife! I ranked up! But how? WE DON'T KNOW.

I think you fully understand our argument, and the fact that anyone can still insist on fighting it is mind-blowing. As has been said, this is just too damn excessive! We know in MP to get kills to rank up. There is no indicator whatsoever what we need to do to rank up here.

Even in a game shrouded in mystery, why keep it a secret how to use a new feature? As I said it is not an Easter egg we are talking about, but something we are supposed to have available to us as an extra indicator of our skill level. This is nothing like discovering the storyline. Just because both are left up to us to discover doesn't make them the same. We have radios and such that deliver straight forward info. Now we have some pretty pictures and tallies, as I said we haven't seen this system before and have no heading for beginning to find the exact formula.

So basically they handed a caveman an iPhone and assumed he would be able to figure it out. How is a caveman supposed to know? He didn't design it, nor has he seen anything like it before. Would you be surprised if he broke it? Even in a game of mystery, it has never been a case of monkeys at a typewriter, as it is now.

I'm just rambling at this point. You get what I mean.

I am not mad at treyarch at all, but I want an explanation to a certain degree.

I mean, you at least understand our point, right? We aren't crazy here?

Well, either way...

SIGNED AND SIGNED.

@ Triple X

So by your own reasoning, if blops 3 made you hack into a database from the main menu, banter around an ms-dos menu trying passwords before you could even get into the zombies platform, you would find that acceptable?

I mean it would bring the element of discovery to new parts of the game right?

Maybe blops 4 could be in encased in an 8x8 rubics cube, with directions written in a code encrypted with RSA?

The point I'm making here, is yes, discovery is a great and wonderful aspect of zombies. However, that should remain with the story. When you cross that over into the menu mechanics and leaderboards and ranks, you end up with a confusing mess.

I don't consider discovering how the ranking system works a great discovery full of twists and turns and lost connections (like the story). I consider it a waste of time.

@ Triple X

So by your own reasoning, if blops 3 made you hack into a database from the main menu, banter around an ms-dos menu trying passwords before you could even get into the zombies platform, you would find that acceptable?

I mean it would bring the element of discovery to new parts of the game right?

Maybe blops 4 could be in encased in an 8x8 rubics cube, with directions written in a code encrypted with RSA?

The point I'm making here, is yes, discovery is a great and wonderful aspect of zombies. However, that should remain with the story. When you cross that over into the menu mechanics and leaderboards and ranks, you end up with a confusing mess.

I don't consider discovering how the ranking system works a great discovery full of twists and turns and lost connections (like the story). I consider it a waste of time.

+ 1 brains.

You took what I said, shortened it, and made it make more sense. Well done! Whatever. I'm tired. :mrgreen:

I mean no hate whatsoever against Triple ex. This is not the first time a member or several members had different views on a subject than others. Its just my opinion. And we all know how reliable the opinion of a drowsy schpleen-hungry fool can be.

I just don't want any more "I know how the ranking works/how does the ranking work? threads. :lol:

I think the forum would benefit Stickys for the Tranzit EE and the Ranking System so all discussions are centralised. A mod could start them and if someone cracks the systems and a lot of people agree with him he can make his own thread explaining how he came to those conclusions.

It should also reduce the amount of threads with good information getting pushed down by new threads.

Look, I'm all for the mystery in the game mode, and that is most definitely part of the charm and the appeal... but IMO this is different. What is the point of having this ranking system if nobody understands it? Isn't the point of having ranks so that you can compare yourself with other players? Without knowing how it works, the entire thing becomes meaningless.

So... signed. Though I'm pretty sure it's not going to do any good.

Signed.

This is CoDz.

I think the formula is to complicated to figure out without going into the game files.

This is CoDz.

I respect your opinion and all, but its not giving in. First of all, we are not all to sure if the Ranking System has any connection to the EE. If that is True, then it feels like Treyarch is forcing us to play Zombies every day just to keep our Rank Up in order to find the Secret. Does that sound fair to you?

And again, you too have noticed a lot of people having issues with their Rank. Have you ever got that "Corrupt Rank" Message? Have you been Demoted?

So in short, all we want is an explination of the Ranking System. Thats It.

Thanks guys, this is going great. If you know of any Zombie Forums like this, it be great if you can either post the link to this Topic or make one there. Also, I'm still not all to sure how twitter works, I don't even know if Jimmy will get the Tweet so if you want to post a tweet with the link too, that be great.

They say they listen to the Fans. Will they Listen Now?

I like how the ranking system was introduced. I enjoy it that I am a blue eyed skull and when I upgrade, ill be happy about it even though I don't quite know how I did it. I agree though, they should give SOME information about it. It doesn't matter to me either way, though.