~Inception~ (Sign-ups notification)

Undead

Greetings CoDz,

I would like to formally bring to your attention that I am starting back up my Role Playing forum game/story, "Inception" starting next week. However, with a slight new twist in the story so far to accommodate to the Blops 2 era. This, being a fresh new beginning for the RP not only encourages new morale for the RP, but allows for open slots. We already have 8 players strong, ready to kick things off and I will allow a maximum 12-15 players total. In order to participate, you must be willing to actively participate in the RP, have a Skype account, and submit a profile for your character to me via PM.

Once you have submitted your bio or wish to update a bio for a previous character, please PM me your skype username so you can be added to the discussion chat. Thanks!

When creating a bio, be sure to keep the general storyline in mind (links and overview below).

Here's the format:

Character Name:

Appearance:

Country of Origin:

Abilities:

Bio:

*Misc:

*Optional.

If you are unfamilar with the old RP, or wish to read and catch up as a reader, you may do so and the old threads can be found here:

Season 1

Season 2: "Separation"

The Overview:

In 1908, a meteor crashed in Russia known as the "Tunguska Event", where rumored by civilians, the myth that the meteor had incredible powers to reanimate the dead were passed along by families. To some, this was no myth. As time went by, scientists around the globe began to experiment on these fragments. They had discovered a new element; Element 115. The power behind this new element was overwhelming. During WWII, the Japanese began to construct facilities around a large piece in a swampy outskirts nicknamed "Shi No Numa" from past myths. As the Germans learned of this newly found powerful element, they too immediately took interest. Experimenting for additional power sources to weaponry, and soon enough, human tests. Many tests failed or went out of control.

But, within that story lies secrets. Secrets so few even within the project and group affiliates were aware of. Those scientists who first came in contact with the dangerously powerful meteor had researched the element, ran tests, eager to discover what makes it emit such remarkable power and energy. But, those few experiements that were successful, were never recorded. Some of these individuals became lab rats. Others stumbled upon it. By whatever means these beings came in contact with the meteor and had something remarkable happen, something extraordinary. They had developed a supernatural ability. While these abilites bestowed unimaginable possiblities, they also came with a curse...

What's your story?

Other than that, we hope to see some new recruits and support for the RP, stay tuned! ;)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you went off on a psychotic tangent and turned into some odd mutated form of the devil.

(O.O)That explains a lot. have I unwittingly been a jackass to my former master? (or present if I'm still worthy)

Inception illustrates the progression of several diverse characters, and their struggle to survive and overcome whatever inner turmoil they may posess in order to find physical and mental salvation. Meanwhile Tankeo rips off a child's face and eats her... Lol. I'm joking. While a bit off topic and what not, I enjoyed the creepypasta-esque read.

I am still working on the finer points of my character bio. The Skype info is in the PM I am working on a draft of. It is coming along nicely.

I know for sure besides you and I theres Andrew, Faust, MLH, Tankeo, Rissole, and Eye. But I'm not sure who exactly plans on using old characters. I know I'm using Kasady, Rissole plans to use Tia, and others have voiced possibly taking on a new character on top of their old character.

Which, if they wish to do so, they will need to submit a second bio.

@ Triple: The majority agreed to having the main discussion on Skype. Which will make for better communcation and less confusion. Some of us got side-tracked and jumped ahead, it will be more organized if discussion throughout the RP is instantaeous.

Finally got two dossiers done on two new characters for the RP:

First one might be a bit out of my comfort zone, but the more I think about her, the more I am starting to really enjoy her character.

Character Name: Sissy (Crystal Sawyer)

Country of Origin: America

Appearance:

Athletic, yet endowed form. Green eyes contrast her short black hair. A black mark under her left eye identifies her in addition to two long scars that pan the length of her dimples before dropping down her face to her neck before eventually reaching her midriff. (Suspected self-inflicted)

Her pink scars stand out against her tan face, which grows paler the further down her body you go before going from a wheat color to waxy pale around her stomach.

Always wears an iron heart-shaped charm necklace around her neck with a triquetra on it.

Bio:

An odd mutation in her DNA has given her the blessing of being able to survive the radiation 115 emits after the missiles struck, yet she has proven far from immune from its effects. Originally the changes were subtle, yet over time distinct variations in her temperament began to emerge.

Her memory has begun to fade in a unique form of dementia praecox. Only bits and pieces of her memory remain, and even that is fuzzy at best to remember. The only remaining tie she has to a life not her own is a locket that hangs from her neck at all times. Despite constant attempts to convince herself that she is no longer the girl she once was, she could never bring to dispose of the adornment. Somewhere deep inside her, a lost soul remembers the significance of that locket, and screams out against her. Part of her knows that the moment she loses it is the moment she loses any ties to who she once was and forever loses herself to her new persona.

Her condition is ever-worsening, leading to increases in aggression, libido, and temporary schizophrenic outbursts that transcend her perception of reality, causing her to question just how much of what she remembers is even real. She is currently in the company of a detachment of Marines who are still alive after the missiles fell, though the terms of her being there are, again, questionable due to her condition.

Abilities: Prone to psychotic episodes that seem to transcend her own physical abilities. Noticeable influence over the undead.

*Misc:

Her degrading mental state results in her mental “trips” to become more and more violent and realistic in their nature.

Her personality is highly unpredictable, often shifting from high points of aggression to moments of dependency and the need for intimate contact. Possibly as a result of neurological decay creating incorrect responses to certain endorphins.

Believes she has a unique ability to “speak” with the undead.

Second one is a re-imagined version of Faustus from the last RP, but I have really gone out of my way to make a more believable and human character. I wanted to make him more than a villain, I want to make him someone who you could almost argue is justified in his actions.

Character Name: Jason Faraday (aka “Thamas”)

Country of Origin: America

Appearance: Original records detailing Jason Faraday have proven inaccurate to describe his current physical state due to massive alterations within the last four years. Target is believed to have auburn hair, heavily scarred, and covered in filth and debris. An American GI uniform in riot attire sets him apart. Dons a tactical mask he has modified himself from shot down aircraft, destroyed vehicles, and various other salvaged materials that uses a primitive and improvised form of Heads Up Display to find his way south to what he believed would be the location of US Army bases.

Bio:

Only macabre whispers and dark fables persist about the fate of Jason Faraday. Few reports mention his name, and few men openly admit to having served with him in Vietnam, for all know that to acknowledge his existence would be to admit to being partially responsible for his doom.

Faraday tasked with acting as riot control during the Siege of Hue City. While defending the MacV compound from invasion, he was overwhelmed by a massive crowd of civilians fleeing the destruction of the advancing NVA troops. Trampled by a crowd of thousands, Jason’s broken body was unable to defend himself when the communists arrived. He was quickly taken prisoner and transported over the course of several weeks to the Hanoi Hilton. Taking advantage of the US assuming Jason was dead, they turned over his still living body to agents of Nikita Dragovich for testing his chemical weapon, Nova 6.

Locked in a chamber with fourteen other men, both American soldiers and civilians alike, Faraday was exposed to the horrible nerve toxin. Miraculously however, life continued to cling to his broken, poisoned body. It was then when he caught the attention of Russian scientists working within the facility for his ability to survive nearly anything unleashed upon him. Form this moment on, Jason would come to learn the true meaning of fear as he would be subjected to countless tests and psychological experiments ranging from cold water submersion to the introduction of questionable radioactive materials into his bloodstream. Each time the observing scientists would bring him to the threshold of death, yet granting him such a relief.

What follows of what we know of him can only be described as ridiculous rumors generated to denture North Vietnamese soldiers from leaving their posts at night, and have been omitted by the writer of this dossier. What we do know however is that somehow Jason escaped, leaving behind a trail of destruction throughout North Vietnam. In his cell, a half flooded malarial well in the center of the prison, incoherent messages sprawl the walls.

Abilities: Manipulation of Fear

*Misc:

One prominent phrase written within his holding cell was the name “Thamas”, the Greek sailor in mythology told by the gods to announce to his fellow men that Pan, the god of all shepherds, was dead

Forgive any misspelling.

And because everyone needs a theme song, here is how I would picture Sissy's temperament to be personified... WHO ELSE BUT THE BEASTIE BOYS!

Faraday I see as a much more subdued, almost unsettlingly calm theme:

s0-cMdewJpQ

Good idea, and it would line up with the story, but ultimately I think it would undermine the personalities and stories of some people's characters. If you choose to do that with your character (as I has sort of chosen to do with mine) than that is fine. I just feel like... I don't know, if EVERYONE is insane, than it quickly loses the effect.

Don't let me discourage you from making a character all your own though! :D

Good idea, and it would line up with the story, but ultimately I think it would undermine the personalities and stories of some people's characters. If you choose to do that with your character (as I has sort of chosen to do with mine) than that is fine. I just feel like... I don't know, if EVERYONE is insane, than it quickly loses the effect.

Don't let me discourage you from making a character all your own though! :D

(I'm saying it now,my space bar/keyboard's trucked up,so it's not my fault. :(

True,it's quite easy to go overboard. BUT,if we can keep the theme of widespread insanity slowly encroaching on most of the group,that could really keep the mood nice and tense/dark.

I say the trick is to be subtle, for the most part,but not too much so,or else we may lose the threat altogether.

Undead, is this still open? I'd freaking love to be involved, and I really want to get back into writing again and I think this could be the perfect way! I will start working on my character right away, and if there is still space, I will submit it to you as soon as possible!

My Skype is DarkJolteon23 if you don't have me added already (I'm losing track of who does and doesn't :? )

-Jolteon

While making my character, I had a thought, it would be a pretty cool story element to have everyone (or mostly everyone) slowly going nuts due to 115 in some way.

My character sorts kinda does this in a way you'd never expect, and it's not a bad ide!. I like the theme of calm among chaos, so it would be nice to see a handful slowly driven crazy, and a few falling apart inside at the madness they are witnessing and are inexplicably immune to. Faust's female and her immunity to radiation could fit to this immunity from insanity, but as she is a bit crazy already... :mrgreen:

Glad you have posted your bios everywhere by in my Inbox, Faust. :P

Undead wouldn't this be better suited elsewhere? Come to think of it, I have no clue as to why this is in Site News. It really isnt anything official. This is just a side game you are doing on your own.

Yes it is. Its officially the best thing that will happen around CoDz since this place died over the down season. :P

While making my character, I had a thought, it would be a pretty cool story element to have everyone (or mostly everyone) slowly going nuts due to 115 in some way.

Lol that was the point all along, everyone has their weakness in exposure to 115 as much as they are blessed with an ability. How it effects everyone's character depends on how you develop that. You've all see how Kasady gets in direct exposure for example. But yeah, more or less, that's part of the development of the story.

Undead, is this still open? I'd freaking love to be involved, and I really want to get back into writing again and I think this could be the perfect way! I will start working on my character right away, and if there is still space, I will submit it to you as soon as possible!

My Skype is DarkJolteon23 if you don't have me added already (I'm losing track of who does and doesn't :? )

Oh yeah, there's not limit as to when anyone can join, just limited spaces. So keep 'em while it's hot!

Count yourself in, Jolteon. Just submit a bio to me the RIGHT way, unlike Faust... :P

Speaking of which, were about 12 strong already, so I'll allow for 3 more spaces.