Conga Lines in Houses or Center?

Tom852

Hey there. I'm thinking a lot about trains in Nuketown. There are those 2 behind the houses. If you go crazy, can make 4 out of those 2. I've also found a circle in the center by running around the Stone and Sign there.

Now I'm wondering, have you got any other circles? Cause it feels a bit weird. I got like 5-10 circles on Farm or Town, and Nuketown with about the same or even bigger size has only 3. Hmm.

What about specific routes in the center? I just think, there are too many narrow spots around.

What about the houses? Anyone tried some drop down thing? I do think, that circles including the inside of any house is not working due to narrow spots again.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the space is really cramped. But the thing is, that is what made Nuketown famous. It's small size appealed to people. And I think Treyarch did well adding quality when quantity wasn't present. My favorite circle is behind the house that does not have the garden. I run around the support beam for the porch. I'll run on the other side if I have to. I don't think there is going to be much option here. Treyarch tries to please everyone, rather successfully I think. While Green Run is huge and massive and consistent throughout, Nuketown is small and chaotic. I think the number of viable strategies, like circles, is naturally going to be smaller.

I haven't tested this but for the higher rounds maybe you could start in one yard and let them spawn and then walk to the opposite house and quickly jump out the window and then bring them back to the side you started on and mow them down and then repeat.

I'm just not 100% on how the spawning works.

Well I was thinking that this could be a safer strategy than training them in the small yards. So instead of grouping them at the first yard and running the risk of possibly getting trapped by zombies you could just start each group of zombies by walking to the other side of the map and have them all spawn behind you. Then group them up a little better on the way back by jumping over them through the window.

My idea was that they would always be behind you and that this would make grouping them easier (safer) than when they are coming from every direction.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this would be a safe strategy opposed to a fast strategy.

• 5 weeks later...

I think that the space is really cramped. But the thing is, that is what made Nuketown famous. It's small size appealed to people. And I think Treyarch did well adding quality when quantity wasn't present. My favorite circle is behind the house that does not have the garden. I run around the support beam for the porch. I'll run on the other side if I have to. I don't think there is going to be much option here. Treyarch tries to please everyone, rather successfully I think. While Green Run is huge and massive and consistent throughout, Nuketown is small and chaotic. I think the number of viable strategies, like circles, is naturally going to be smaller.

I would have to agree about the layout of the map, MMX, you pretty much had the exact thought as me.

Yes, circles will be tighter, and trains will be closer, but it's still of no concern to a somewhat seasoned player. I've also learned, while chaotic, like the map, it is somewhat doable to have two people running two trains in each back yard.

Also, there are two decent places where trains can be had in the middle, at either end of the map between the houses. So I would say overall, you have a few options, and I will try out the hopping through houses theory, maybe it'll be decent for solo, but I can already safely say, it would be quite bombarduous for multiplayer if people were to go down, or even if their train just peeled off to the other player(s).

Couple good ideas, I'll give em a shot! Lets keep adding thoughts to party!

• 5 weeks later...

I usually run behind the green house.

I leave the inside upstairs door closed. Open the deck debris. This makes the steps part of the run to avoid underdeck traffic. Just run up, fall off, continue circles.

You can do similar to what was said above: run up the deck steps, through house, jump out window. Most of the train comes through the house, a few to your left. Just aim and shoot.

But circles: around either back yard, tight or all-encompassing circles. Around red truck in center until it gets opened, it still works, but is less good. The nuketown sign and other stuff right there.

The other truck is bad to loop due to two spawns by the narrow, blind corner.

Yellow house: leave inside steps closed, open deck debris. When you first enter the house, go to the back-left door and open it, leaving the one under the deck closed. This makes the easiest pathing/least traffic as far as I can tell.

on solo green house is easier in general. I open the steps and stairs and leave the ground floor door closed. this limits the traffic under deck.

with 4 players, 2 trains behind each house is easy, actually behindthe green house is very easy, one on each side, the guy behind the garage will be busy but the other side is very light. no train needed till the mid 20s, and you can pick of the other guys train from across the yard to help him.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as the center goes, stay away from the edge of the map that you spawn by. The rock and the wire fence = certain death. I'll try to clear all the debris in the middle cargo box ASAP as that gives you some escape routes, but mainly I train in between the bus and that cargo box, loop through towards the edge of the map by the clock, then back through the center. Turn and fire when the train is worth it. If the center gets clogged, duck through the cargo box and just run back around it, using a serpentine route in front of the house as a bit of relief.

The center is much more serpentine than circular, but I find the center more spacious and if I get in big trouble, I can always duck inside a house.