"Permanent" earnables... no longer permanent?! (proof)

Megaton A

I thought perhaps Zombie Head Popper might have something to do with percentage of headshot kills, but that doesn't seem so. Every time I have lost it, I have been killing a zombie by shooting it in the chest... but one time I lost it and checked the scoreboard, and I had 200 headshots, 300 kills. 2/3 headshots isn't bad... and I've gone much lower than that before losing it. Maybe it's from killing 20 or so zombies without getting a headshot? Go a few rounds without repairing a window, lose the boards? So many rounds without reviving anyone, lose revive? Would kinda make sense... my friends suck and I'm frequently reviving when I play co-op. Blue Revive is the only earnable I have yet to lose.

Personally, I'm really annoyed that these were nerfed without any explanation of the system or anything.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i'm still confused about the whole zombie ranks and perma-perks.

I kinda wish they werent so secretive with certain things.

My main questions are now.."why did my permaperks last so long the first time? Why do they dissappear so easily now?

And "why cant i get my blue eyes back on my skull? I've been playing my ass off. Getting higher rounds on each survival map, playing grief and nuketown 4player to see if that factors in...playing everyday etc.

Slightly frustrating that we have to speculate about all these things.

Yeah i'm still confused about the whole zombie ranks and perma-perks.

I kinda wish they werent so secretive with certain things.

My main questions are now.."why did my permaperks last so long the first time? Why do they dissappear so easily now?

And "why cant i get my blue eyes back on my skull? I've been playing my ass off. Getting higher rounds on each survival map, playing grief and nuketown 4player to see if that factors in...playing everyday etc.

Slightly frustrating that we have to speculate about all these things.

Especially in my situation, where I had blue eyes and lost them. I then played. Only 1 game , went down in round 5 , horrible game. But I got the blue eyes back ?!?!

lol how about fast revive

I have regained all the abilities back at some time or another. But they "reset" much more frequently than when we first noticed them. It's a very weird phenomenon. Also, I still believe that I have a faster sprint type ability. Which I haven't noticed disappearing. But, these "earnables " are indeed mysterious as of now, and we don't fully understand them.

From the sounds of it, they aren't permanent. You can get them via their respective requirements, but I bet you they are just like ranking where if you don't keep up what you did to get that ability, you lost them.

Personally I only lost my metal boards but I gained em back in a game or two. Quick Revive and headshot are still there and never left me.

I take back anything I said about me only losing the boards. I was playing a custom match with friends and we were on round 2 and hadn't turned on the power yet and we heard what sounded like the electric guy when it dies.

After that noise we had all noticed we lost our perma-perks. None of us were able to regain them during that game even after we attempted to do the easiest one with quick revive. Nada, I had 30 revives in that game and did not gain it back.

So I don't know anymore, I really don't.

See what happens when they do something new and never planned it out? Call me a Troll but you got to admit, leaving us out of the loop is just going to cause many speculations and outrage. Hopefully they do something or give us some minor details before the First DLC is released.

What's going to happen if the new Map is released, and when we get close to finishing That EE, we can't because we missed something in Green Run that couldn't be done due to a unforeseen Glitch.

If you feel I'm right, Tweet to Jimmy.

I take back anything I said about me only losing the boards. I was playing a custom match with friends and we were on round 2 and hadn't turned on the power yet and we heard what sounded like the electric guy when it dies.

After that noise we had all noticed we lost our perma-perks. None of us were able to regain them during that game even after we attempted to do the easiest one with quick revive. Nada, I had 30 revives in that game and did not gain it back.

So I don't know anymore, I really don't.

Something is causing tis to happen much more frequently than before. I am curious how you earned your Revive? Naturally or with someone downing themselves? I did it the easy way asdid most people I know that lost it. My brother got it the oldfashined way, and he still has it as of tonight, and he has had it for over a week now. I am the other hand have no Perm abilities anymore. This is NUTS!

I honestly don't remember how I got it, I think it was in a game with randumbs who didn't understand the concept for getting jug. I know my other two were gotten in public games but I lose those as well.

I know my 3 friends who lost them boosted for them the first time. At least the revive one and the barricade one.

All I know is, I started loosing my Upgrades(I call them) after I got that "Corrupt Rank Blah-Blah" Message. That was two/three days ago.

I don't really mind loosing them, they seem really easy now to get them back but what annoys me is how you lose them just as fast as re-earning them.

And that sound effect is ticking me off.

I got my boards back tonight. Weird thing is, I didn't have the green orb when I re-unlocked them (though I don't remember seeing it the first time, either)... instead I heard something kind of like the knocking in Kino, Misty commented on it (something like "That could be something important"), and suddenly the Barric-Aid was back. A couple rounds later... gone again.

And yeah, rank... fuck if I know. I've gone from the skull with 4 marks to the skull with blue eyes without playing. Yes, I played one night and had the 4 marks, got on the next night and had 5 and blue eyes. I somehow actually ranked UP while not playing.

A few nights ago I was back on the skull with 4 marks. Played a custom game where my friend ragequit... I solo'd to 23, rank didn't change. Got on tonight, I was down to 3 marks. Played a solo game and went to round 31 without any downs (until the end, obviously), and about 25% headshots... overall a pretty good game. Rank didn't change.

See what happens when they do something new and never planned it out? Call me a Troll but you got to admit, leaving us out of the loop is just going to cause many speculations and outrage. Hopefully they do something or give us some minor details before the First DLC is released.

What's going to happen if the new Map is released, and when we get close to finishing That EE, we can't because we missed something in Green Run that couldn't be done due to a unforeseen Glitch.

If you feel I'm right, Tweet to Jimmy.

No, I agree... this is really annoying and frustrating. Not only do they not give us any explanation to how the system works, but then they apparently went and CHANGED the system a few weeks after release. WTF is that? Get it together, 3Arc! Every time I actually start liking BOII zombies more, I find another thing that just baffles me when it comes to what they were thinking. I just don't get it.

Glad to see this isn't just me going crazy. I was playing last night and noticed that i had the steel boards going up on all the windows.. after playing a few games, they stopped working and it went back to being wooden boards. Is it possible that this perk isn't actually disappearing randomly, but is actually based on a character basis? As in, when i end up with Russman and first got my perma-quick revive, i also had the steel boards. A few games later i ended up with Misty (who i hardly ever get)and i no longer had either. I'm going to play a few tonight and see if i have my steel boards back when i get Russman again.

Just a thought.. probably not the case, but that would be interesting. Having to get all the perma's with each character would be a grind, but add a different element of replay value. Thoughts?

Glad to see this isn't just me going crazy. I was playing last night and noticed that i had the steel boards going up on all the windows.. after playing a few games, they stopped working and it went back to being wooden boards. Is it possible that this perk isn't actually disappearing randomly, but is actually based on a character basis? As in, when i end up with Russman and first got my perma-quick revive, i also had the steel boards. A few games later i ended up with Misty (who i hardly ever get)and i no longer had either. I'm going to play a few tonight and see if i have my steel boards back when i get Russman again.

Just a thought.. probably not the case, but that would be interesting. Having to get all the perma's with each character would be a grind, but add a different element of replay value. Thoughts?

That would be intereseting, someone else theorized on this before, but I cant remember who.

I haven't read most of those posts after the last few, but I find that my revive booster only works in Tranzit where I guess I must have acquired it. In survival and grief it's the normal revive grind for me. I understand in grief it maybe overpowered for one team to have super-revive so I doubt it's in there, but maybe you have to earn them separately in different game modes?

Also, I have a hunch and this is based on nothing at all that you have to keep doing the action required to gain the perk, to maintain it- for example, you need to revive frequently to keep the revive perk, and a certain amount of your kills must be headshots to keep that one. Not too sure how this works with the barricade perk though...

I haven't read most of those posts after the last few, but I find that my revive booster only works in Tranzit where I guess I must have acquired it. In survival and grief it's the normal revive grind for me. I understand in grief it maybe overpowered for one team to have super-revive so I doubt it's in there, but maybe you have to earn them separately in different game modes?

Also, I have a hunch and this is based on nothing at all that you have to keep doing the action required to gain the perk, to maintain it- for example, you need to revive frequently to keep the revive perk, and a certain amount of your kills must be headshots to keep that one. Not too sure how this works with the barricade perk though...

Yea... you DO need to read the WHOLE discussion, and some others to get yourself informed. It will help your brain out.

That would be intereseting, someone else theorized on this before, but I cant remember who.

Definitely interesting. The only problem is that doesn't explain why we're losing them in the middle of a game. Sometimes multiple times.

I think I'm gonna do some experimenting soon to narrow it down... but my best theory is that it is a "Use it or lose it" type of thing. If you go so many rounds without repairing any windows, you lose the Barric-Aid. If you kill so many zombies in a row without getting any headshots, you lose Head Popper. Not sure about Revive because I haven't lost it... possibly teammates being revived without you?

As far as I'm concerned, that's the only explanation that really makes sense at this point. It can't be timed because the times I've lost them have ranged from a couple rounds to an entire game. It can't be character-specific, because I've lost them while playing a game as a character. It can't relate to your stats in relation to your friends because I've lost them when no friends were online. It can't be related to your place on the leaderboards in each category, because there is no category for repairing boards. Either you lose them by not doing certain things, or it's 100% random. And I would HOPE 3Arc wouldn't do something as stupid as making it random.

To those of you who say it is based on character. That seems really good on paper but it can't be correct.

The game has me playing as Russman more than any other character. I think I have been Misty twice, Marlton once and Samuel three times. Other than that I have been Russman. All my unlocks I made with Russman. When I lost them I was Russman.

So unless the game is glitching up on me, its not based on character.