"Permanent" earnables... no longer permanent?! (proof)

Megaton A

I can confirm this this happened to me today, I was playing with a few guys one of them left I decided that it wasn't that important of a game so didn't really care all to much. I heard this noise and proceed to leave the game since it wouldn't have counted as a round anyways, I went into a solo game and realized I lost all my perma-perks (not sure about speedy revive). I guess I will have to get them again.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to get on the forum to post that i lost my "permenant" perks as well excpet for quick revive. I was helping a friend get his but in mid match i noticed mine were gone. I tried in my own lobby and then in his lobby and i did not have them. So i then reset my xbox thinking it was glitched and that wasnt the case.

Since then i earned the zombie head popper one again to make sure it would unlcok. It did unlock and i have it again. But my Barric-Aid is still gone. Which ill re earn if need be but that one isnt real hard just annoying. So that my story. This just happend about 30 mins ago

Ok, so I have been reading all these posts here and other forums forums for the past 24 hours or so. I kept replying how I have kept all my earnables. Errrrrrrrrnnnnn , guess what my son was playing on my account earlier today and had some real stinkers , like all dead by round 4 , and 15 downs in a 10 round game. So , I see my blue eyes are gone , I am like wtf that blows. Lost a slash too , down to 4 now. Then I go into a game to play , and BAMM all my earnables are gone - Revive , Headshot, Boards. Sprint , gone.

I was thinking maybe related to the Loss of Rank , but with all the other players losing the abilities.

My newest theory leads me to believe that it has something to do with the 1 st of the month. ?!? Maybe a reset of some sorts. I am eager to hear more opinions and stories.

Also wanted to add - I did hear an odd sound midgame , similar to the avagrado , but power was not on yet. Also the game started without them , although my son may have lost them mid game. Also my games have been more choppy , and seems harder to move around other players in close quarters than ever before. They may have changed something on us.

I think it might not be permanent like everyone thinks. Basically, you have to keep your stats up in order to have it. If you start not getting many headshots, you'll lose it. If you start not building up many barricades, you'll lose it. If you start letting people die, you'll lose it.

Btw, I like how you've given them names, all except for the so-called "Quick Revive". Call if Fast Revive, Quicker Revive, Speedy Revive; anything but a name that is ALREADY TAKEN.

Well, I can't take any credit for the absolute brilliance of "Barric-Aid"... that was posted by someone in the earnables thread. I said "Zombie Head Popper" because that's pretty much what it is (people have been calling it Deadshot, but I feel that's completely inaccurate)... I've heard it called "Overkill" too, and I like that, but I wanted to be clear what I was referring to.

I agree that the Revive earnable needs a unique name as well, just to avoid confusion with the perk. I'll try and think of something clever if nobody else has an idea.

I hadn't even thought of the first of the month thing. Interesting theory. As I said... I really really think this is something new because I've played the game a lot since earning these three and never lost them... even though I've had some pretty awful games in both solo and co-op. If I had just lost them once, maybe I would think it's nothing new... but at least twice in one game, and in other games in the same night? After never having lost them before? I've played countless games without losing any of them, yet I earn Zombie Head Popper and then lose it 3 rounds later again? There's something really odd about that.

I don't know... I don't have the answers, obviously... just throwing out what I do know and what I think is safe to assume based on the info we have. I really wish 3arc would tell us more about this stuff.

Some bad news, when I just played a co op game of Tranzit I had lost all the earnables except for revive. I did however notice that I earned back the headshot one (saw the green flash when killing my train on round 22). So it does seem they are not permanent. I'd also like to point out that I do not believe it has to do with your rank or consistency of playing as I have been playing at least 2 or 3 games every day. So there is something else that's making them go away... Treyarch is quite secretive...

I think what people are saying about ranks might be the key. I wish this wouldn't of happened at the beginning of the month because that is still a possibility. I just wish 3arc wouldn't be so secretive about some things. They pretty much just leave us to fend for ourselves when it comes to this stuff. I did still have quick revive when i found out. So the first of the month didnt wipe out all of mine. But i did lose significant rank when helping a friend. I was a Skull with 4 slashes and went down to cross bones with 4 slashes. So im thinking the rank is the key. But that's just a guess

May have lost one of my perma-perks, most likely Fast Revive due to the fact that this was by myself.

So Round 4, Solo, about to get on the bus, just getting a few kills while waiting for it to tell me it wants to leave, and I hear this high-pitched whining sound. I'm fairly sure I either lost my Headshot or my fast Revive, because I checked my Barricades. May have lost both, because heads stopped popping off...

Anyone else heard this sound before losing a perk? Sounds like when you hold the action button on a rock in Kino, but higher-pitched, kind of like a "Peeeeew." sound...

May have lost one of my perma-perks, most likely Fast Revive due to the fact that this was by myself.

So Round 4, Solo, about to get on the bus, just getting a few kills while waiting for it to tell me it wants to leave, and I hear this high-pitched whining sound. I'm fairly sure I either lost my Headshot or my fast Revive, because I checked my Barricades. May have lost both, because heads stopped popping off...

Anyone else heard this sound before losing a perk? Sounds like when you hold the action button on a rock in Kino, but higher-pitched, kind of like a "Peeeeew." sound...

Yes, I heard asoundsimilart the Electro-Zombie,but different. I hadnet turnedthe power on yet, so I knew it wasnt him. Similar to when you action click on the Teddy bears in Ascension? But, I lost all my abilities like I said previously, I since have regained all but, my hadshot. Also lost 1 Rank and blue eyes , which have returned.

Also, I help a player get their revive back, and went down 16 times, I didnt lose any rank from that. It is funny how many games I go into and say " I lost all my abilities, ho about you guys?"

Response - " Nah, I have everything still"

5 Minutes later - "Dude, WTF I dont't have my Revive" " OMG , my barriers are wood again!" HAHA

I was about to post this as well, I've lost the Barricade upgrade, and also the permanent quick revive perk on Tranzit. I just did the Easter Egg as well which was odd, because literally seconds after I had finished the Maxis side, I had lost Quick Revive and the Barricade upgrade. I never lost the Zombie Head upgrade though. Anyone know what happened?

So for the past few days I have lost all of my stuff. The weird thing is in the past few games where I've been running trains a lot, I got the headshot bonus about 6 times within 8 rounds. Never got the other ones back though.

That is what I have been finding my research as well. Also, a SAD truth for me now is my "Barric-Aid" returns after I re-earn it, and is always gone next, game. My revive has stayed since I re-earned it. As of tonight I still havent re-earned the Headshot. Which is odd because I have been using M14, Fn Fal trying to get that earnable and nothing after 3-4 games into the mid rounds (20+) I m wondering if I cant earn it back.

At first I thought it was cool that 3Arc make these mysterious abilities, but now its almost becoming annoying. :mrgreen: - Almost

Yeaaa I lost all mine again too yesterday, Have regained quick revive right away thou and didnt get a chance to do the barrac-aids one and headshot one is usually earned randomly on the zombie trains. I do think I did hear the sound randomly as well too.

Also I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere so I wanted to throw it out there, I'm pretty sure if you earn one of the earnables in a co-op game and a player leaves prematurely it doesnt count the game on your leaderboards so it may also not count as you gettin the earnables permanently? just an idea .. who knows.

Going to have to pay attention to the whole rank situation but I cant be positive about that, especially if so many players are losing them mid-game

Yeaaa I lost all mine again too yesterday, Have regained quick revive right away thou and didnt get a chance to do the barrac-aids one and headshot one is usually earned randomly on the zombie trains. I do think I did hear the sound randomly as well too.

Also I'm not sure if this was mentioned anywhere so I wanted to throw it out there, I'm pretty sure if you earn one of the earnables in a co-op game and a player leaves prematurely it doesnt count the game on your leaderboards so it may also not count as you gettin the earnables permanently? just an idea .. who knows.

Going to have to pay attention to the whole rank situation but I cant be positive about that, especially if so many players are losing them mid-game

That is very interesting. I was a little surprised to see me not keep the Barricade after earning in a Public Game. So as of right now, I only have Revive, still havent gotten the others back.

• Administrators

From the sounds of it, they aren't permanent. You can get them via their respective requirements, but I bet you they are just like ranking where if you don't keep up what you did to get that ability, you lost them.

From the sounds of it, they are permanent. You can get them via their respective requirements, but I bet you they are just like ranking where if you don't keep up what you did to get that ability, you lost them.

Tac, for the most part I agree with you. In my case I actually lost Rank when I lost all my abilities because of back to back poor games. But, what perplexed me is the Upgraded Boards- I re-gained them in a game, thne went to play another right after and I didnt have them again. I have heard the same from many other players. It can seem very random at times.

• Administrators

Tac, for the most part I agree with you. In my case I actually lost Rank when I lost all my abilities because of back to back poor games. But, what perplexed me is the Upgraded Boards- I re-gained them in a game, thne went to play another right after and I didnt have them again. I have heard the same from many other players. It can seem very random at times.

Meant to say "aren't" just as a heads up lol. But I am stumped then. I'm not good at this whole gameplay thing, but it was just a thought so I figured I'd share it. This seems like it's something they should be fixing, or else there is more to it.

I dunno what the deal is or why. I lost head popper again and i had 73 head shots in the game i lost them in and it was in the middle of the round. I had already lost it once went and got it again. And probably my third game after having it i lost it again. I dont recall hear the noise ppl are talking about but i wasnt paying that much attention( had music in background) ill go in theatre mode tomorrow and see.

At this pt the only one ill keep getting is quick revive semi-pro. But until i know whats making me lose these and why. Im not gonna go out of my way to regain them.