"Permanent" earnables... no longer permanent?! (proof)

Megaton A

Let me start by saying I've had all known earnable upgrades since shortly after release. Quick Revive, Zombie Head Popper, Barric-Aid.

Tonight I started a solo game, and on round 1 the zombie heads were still popping, and my boards were still screwed-in steel. A few rounds later, I'm killing zombies and I hear a weird sound I never heard before. Suddenly, zombie heads are no longer popping and my boards are regular old wood again.

Later in the game I re-earn the Zombie Head Popper... and a round or two after that, I hear the same sound and the next zombie I kill goes down with his head still intact.

Now, I've played a decent amount of Tranzit and this is the first time I've lost these "earnables", so my question is... were they nerfed? It's obviously not a glitch since there is an audible indicator when you lose them.

GbGMHbIjjz8

You may need to turn up the sound to hear the effect I'm talking about. It's a bit subtle.

I have yet to play co-op to find out if I still have the Revive earnable or not.

So the big question is... what causes it? Both times it happened I was shooting zombies. Is it a timed thing, maybe? Any ideas?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first I've heard of it myself. But I have heard people complaining about losing them since the last update... so maybe they were losing them during games like I did and just didn't realize, thinking they had lost them between games?

I don't know... and honestly if it weren't for the fact that I noticed that weird sound the first time I may have just shrugged it off as a glitch or something.

I've saved the entire game to my Black Ops II file share (Gamertag is Megaton A) so that people can 1. See for themselves if they think I edited the video or something and 2. Can maybe find something I missed... because I have no idea why this is happening.

For the record, I have not completed either Easter Egg.

Yeah I was playing just before and I lost my permanent quick revive. The first time I noticed it I almost cried. I just couldn't believe it. Now that I think about it, I don't remember any heads popping or metal barricades in these games either (I used to have all 3). Quick revive is really the only one I care about. It was weird though it was working and then I got my blue eyes and the next game it wasn't. Why won't treyarch tell us anything!?

I had actually just lost the blue eyes right before this game. I had them, didn't play for a night, and when I logged back on they were gone.

I did still have the Revive, as I said... but in another co-op game I heard the sound and lost my Head Popper again... didn't think to see if I still had the Revive after that, but I think I did. I'll have to check next time I get on... it's bedtime.

Edit- I should also mention, when I heard the sound in co-op, my friend said he didn't hear anything. So it must effect each player individually.

Maybe irrelevant, but I just got another green orb while killing zombies, and I already have all three perma-perks (and I believe I have a different one not mentioned here), and my character, Misty, said: "Now this might be important".

Any clues? I will look closely when I will be killing some more, but... I have seriously no idea what is going on.

Maybe irrelevant, but I just got another green orb while killing zombies, and I already have all three perma-perks (and I believe I have a different one not mentioned here), and my character, Misty, said: "Now this might be important".

Any clues? I will look closely when I will be killing some more, but... I have seriously no idea what is going on.

Check your game in Theater Mode... just to make sure you hadn't lost and re-earned one of them. I actually didn't realize I had lost the head-popping one when I lost the barrier one until I went back to theater mode and watched it. When I got the green cloud thing I thought "What did I just get? I already had the head popping one." but I didn't have it.

I might check the theater later... But I think that if you re-earn your bonus, the green orb does not appear... I just downed for the first time cause the zombie shield glitched out, but I will try and see if the heads pop.

Also, I've never heard the sound you have in the video, but I've heard a sonar-kinda (not really a sonar, but I can't describe it... It's the sound of blowing air into an empty glass bottle from the side of the 'cylinder' part) sound in farm. There were always three of them, repeating every 10-20 seconds or so.

I might check the theater later... But I think that if you re-earn your bonus, the green orb does not appear... I just downed for the first time cause the zombie shield glitched out, but I will try and see if the heads pop.

No, you definitely see the green orb again. At least for the headshot one. I had it in my video, but for some reason it's not there in the rendered version. I re-earned and lost it again a couple times this morning, and I got the orb each time.

If it helps us figure anything out, I haven't lost these abilities ever since gaining them over a week ago. But, I have played at least once everyday , and usually more than once. So maybe it is similar to rank were if u miss a day you drop ?

I thought so initially, but in that game I re-earned the headshot one in round 10, then lost it again in round 13. I've gone a few days without playing before and never lost them, but suddenly I'm losing them within a couple rounds now, so I don't think it has to do with not playing for a certain amount of time.

Not sure if this was working as intended, or what. I was repairing boards on the bus and seen the green flicker, then steel boards starting showing up ONLY on that window. Didn't work for other windows and I never kept it through games. Thought I had it, then lost it :(.

Also, i believe the flicker happens to matter what when you do what your supposed to. I'm sure I've seen the double headshot pop more than once, even after I already got it. Also, don't really want to speculate or anything, but I seem to recall seeing the flicker after killing a bunch of denizens without them jumping on my head. Should have bookmarked the clip.. My mind was probably playing tricks on me.

I think its tied to rank and stats. (possibly stats compared to others on your friends list) I dunno.

I didn't play for 2 days, lost my blue eyes. Played a game and had steel boards then I noticed I was suddenly throwing up wooden boards again. Then not even 2 rounds later they were steel boards again.

I was considering stats too. I don't think it's related to friends, though... when I lost them none of my friends were online playing zombies. And I'm almost certain I'm well above all my friends in all zombies stats.

I think its tied to rank and stats. (possibly stats compared to others on your friends list) I dunno.

I didn't play for 2 days, lost my blue eyes. Played a game and had steel boards then I noticed I was suddenly throwing up wooden boards again. Then not even 2 rounds later they were steel boards again.

I was considering stats too. I don't think it's related to friends, though... when I lost them none of my friends were online playing zombies. And I'm almost certain I'm well above all my friends in all zombies stats.

Fair enough. I'm thinking of creating a new account and truly studying every little detail as I gain certain perks and stuff. Maybe starting from scratch with what we currently know will give me an aha moment of clarity.

I think it might not be permanent like everyone thinks. Basically, you have to keep your stats up in order to have it. If you start not getting many headshots, you'll lose it. If you start not building up many barricades, you'll lose it. If you start letting people die, you'll lose it.

Btw, I like how you've given them names, all except for the so-called "Quick Revive". Call if Fast Revive, Quicker Revive, Speedy Revive; anything but a name that is ALREADY TAKEN.