Grief Mode General Discussion/FAQ/Directory

Triple Ex

If everyone in the game knows how to play well it seems like these could go on indefinetely. There just isn't enough ways to directly hinder your opponents.

Shooting them doesn't count, 'cause for that to have any effect you have to shoot them alot, and 9 times out of 10 you'll be hitting zombies too.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone in the game knows how to play well it seems like these could go on indefinetely. There just isn't enough ways to directly hinder your opponents.

Shooting them doesn't count, 'cause for that to have any effect you have to shoot them alot, and 9 times out of 10 you'll be hitting zombies too.

but if shoot them they act as if they'ed been hit by a stun granade

but if shoot them they act as if they'ed been hit by a stun granade

The point he was trying to make is...

what good will it do you to slow them down if there are no zombies nearby? The point is to trip them up and get them killed by the nearby zombies. However by shooting them you also shoot and either damage or kill the very zombies you sought to utilize against the recipient of your fire, making it even easier for them to escape from their situation.

Utilizing this mechanic can be a good strategy in some cases, but for the most part it is self-defeating.

I got a guy downed in grief by running a train into him. When his partner came to help, I repeated the act. And again. And again. I got my team to take care of the last zombies, as I had "unfinished business." hike they mopped up the last zombies, I unloaded all of my ammo into the pule of four downed enemies. I usually don't gloat, but I couldn't help it. :mrgreen:

I hate when I lose due to nonexistant or just terrible teammates. I can deal with losing, but I hate it even more when the opposition gloats about winning. It's not like I badmouthed them; it is a competition. No need to be a bad sport. In fact, sometimes I'll congratulate the other team. But I hate it when they gloat, regardless.

I hate when I lose due to nonexistant or just terrible teammates. I can deal with losing, but I hate it even more when the opposition gloats about winning. It's not like I badmouthed them; it is a competition. No need to be a bad sport. In fact, sometimes I'll congratulate the other team. But I hate it when they gloat, regardless.

To be honest, this is why i love grief, the ability to talk smack and back it up :D

With any sport there will be those that play it to simply show some imaginary aura of superiority.

Imaginary?

In just joking! I don't play it for the sole purpose of giving myself the false impression that I'm unusually skilled at grief. I play it because it's the most fun is person can have in zombies, without a doubt.

I myself have congratulated people who beat me or lost by a hair, and have added a few as well. I enjoy myself exponentially more when I have good competition. However when you reach the point where your opponents are so appallingly terrible at grief, to the point where they all died on round four, I kinda lost control for a bit. This was influenced a bit by my split screen partner who has a majorly gloaty side, and honestly I regret acting like such a jerk.

But still, lol.

• Administrators

I tried out the "dive on them while they're reviving and prone" strategy and it had some amusing results :mrgreen: Did anyone else try it?

Oh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I absolutely love it. Sure, it causes my downs to rack up extremely quick, however, I do it for the team and not to have some fancy record of X kills and 0 down. It's rather amusing to watch the opposing team's players rage quit within a few minutes of realizing what's going on. :lol:

I tried out the "dive on them while they're reviving and prone" strategy and it had some amusing results :mrgreen: Did anyone else try it?

Oh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I absolutely love it. Sure, it causes my downs to rack up extremely quick, however, I do it for the team and not to have some fancy record of X kills and 0 down. It's rather amusing to watch the opposing team's players rage quit within a few minutes of realizing what's going on. :lol:

EXACTLY! I am PROUD of huge number of downs! I may go down a "lot", but I WIN Grief games! And isn't that the point? To be honest, I hate it when my teammates are playing Defensively, HELPING the opposition, taking ALL the kills. We may win due to me getting the opposition down, however "they got more kills". =_=

The grief scoreboard should be like the electoral college. Sure, someone might have the most kills, but only the truly insightful realize that it doesn't matter in the slightest. Once I get jug, an MP5 with basically unlimited ammo, and mustang and Sally depending on the length of the game, I hardly get any kills. I hang back and work elaborate training and trapping strategies with my partner(s) (usually just one REAL teammate since I play with one friend at a time usually. The others are a mystery box of randoms.)

Anyway, I haven't gotten the final enemy down by diving in him yet, but that is my current grief goal. :twisted:

Had a fun game of Grief Saturday night. Me and three friends squashed a full team of four on Town. We spent some time knifing each other and then running trains into the enemy. EMPing the box and then tainting them when down. My friend and I did the best thing and ran a train into one of the enemies reviving his own team mate. Went down in 5 seconds. Our last guy clutched the round on 14 giving us the win.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy grief mode. Good to play something besides survival all the time. Im only 9-6 but ive played some games with awfully new players which can be difficult. I had nearly 70 revives one game, more than any of my teammates had kills. Last night i played the most challenging game ever. My team consisted of two lower ranked players, myself and another guy with a knife through the skull. The other team was all skulls.

I dont know if they knew each other or what but they opened the door to the house on farm and immediately blocked the starwell with 3 of their members. None of us could get jug or a good gun. I never played a team as well versed as that. I eventually got downed twice but admittedly quit out of frustration. Why? This game i was just toying around so i had two kills, and no points to even get jug or a good gun and i didnt think of them blocking the door. Oh well i learned!!

• 2 months later...

Why's no one talking about Grief anymore? I'm posting on this old thread. Besides, it'll need it considering the new Grief map coming out.

I just got done playing a match of Grief. Me and a new buddy versus four apparent pros. No, they didn't have "shotguns", but I could tell they were expert Zombies players by the way they played. I always play aggressively. And they OUT-AGGRESSIVIZED ME. (Yes!) They dolphin dived on ME! First time ever that has happened to me. (I do it so much to others I know to watch out for it.) We got to Round 20 before the game ended. We lost sadly... When the match ended, I told them that they did a good job, and that it was a good game. They were quite astonished that I wasn't yelling at them for downing us. I said, "It's no problem; it's the name of the game. Quite literally."

Yes. The reason I recommend PhD is because it is an elevated narrow pathway. You're going to want to have no fall damage. The resistance to explosives is a bit less useful unless you want to hold a grenade in your hand or shoot an RPG. If a teammate below you goes down, you can clear the area in style by dolphin diving and exploding. :P

No one play Grief? Seriously? -_-

Anyway, I just got done with an interesting match. Two players on the other team were glitching. They were in an inaccessible area in Cell Block where Zombies couldn't hit them. Everyone except for them and myself left the game. I was camping on the third floor with the Lamentation, Death Machine, and the Sweeper, as well as all Perks but Deadshot Daiquiri. Things were going swell. I ended up making a dumb mistake and dying. So then I spectated the other two do their little glitch until they ran out of ammo. About 5-10 minutes later, they killed themselves. The round restarted, I got PhD back, I went back to camping, and they died. I won. Turns out they were little kids. They said, "Hey, we won!." "No, HE won." "Oh." Of course, I reported them both to both Call of Duty and Xbox Live. ;)

They said, "Hey, we won!." "No, HE won." "Oh."

I won't lie, that seems like a little more mature response than what I get from older players.

Everyone, at least try Cell Block, it's tons of fun, and you get your favorite perk to use while diving back.

So guess what I found out how to do? "PhD Double Dive" I call it :P

If you're on the third floor of the Cell Block, you can dolphin dive onto the second floor or the first floor. When you dolphin dive, you slide a little bit. So dolphin dive onto the edge of the second floor. If you do it right, when you land on the second floor, you'll kill all the zombies around you, but then you will slide off onto the first floor and kill EVEN MORE zombies. Very handy when trying to clear the area to revive someone.