Grief Mode General Discussion/FAQ/Directory

Triple Ex

*In progress, still working out formatting stuff, in fact, if someone could help out... That'd be appreciated. This thing's a mess...

IMPORTANT LINK DIRECTORY

General Strategy And Tips

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=26844

Starting Strategy Discussion

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.phpf=137&t=25792&p=260320#p260320

Tactics Discussion

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=25761

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRIEF MODE FAQ:

What is a Taint/What Does the Meat do?

A new power-up was added to Grief mode simply called Flesh. By throwing it, it attracts all active zombies to the spot where it has been thrown.(That's what that green gas is).

If thrown at a player, it will attract zombies toward that player no matter where they go for the duration of the Power-Up. Throwing at someone and achieving this is called "tainting".

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best games of Grief was about 2-3 days after launch day. It was only me with a full team of randoms against a full team of 'pro' zombie players. Played until round 21, where 5 rounds before my team had all raged quit. It was just me versus these four supposedly 'amazing' zombie players, but by the end of it...I lost. Not in the way you'd expect though.

Three of their team mates went down blocking the exits of the Juggernog room (that and zombies were everywhere). Luckily they had the last guy standing to finish the round, but funny thing was, it said I won :P

One of my best games of Grief was about 2-3 days after launch day. It was only me with a full team of randoms against a full team of 'pro' zombie players. Played until round 21, where 5 rounds before my team had all raged quit. It was just me versus these four supposedly 'amazing' zombie players, but by the end of it...I lost. Not in the way you'd expect though.

Three of their team mates went down blocking the exits of the Juggernog room (that and zombies were everywhere). Luckily they had the last guy standing to finish the round, but funny thing was, it said I won :P

Lol I think you'll find you were spectating the winning guy, the "I won" message was for him, not you.

Lol I think you'll find you were spectating the winning guy, the "I won" message was for him, not you.

Oh...I guess that makes sense *sad face* I thought I won :roll:

That moment when you knife a guy who is trying to revive another guy by the lava pit in town, shoot him until he goes down in the lava and watch them both die.

When you and an enemy player are running up the stairs to jug and you knife him into the giant horde behind.

And when you EMP the box when they hit it :P

Its so fun to troll in this game mode, and you actually have to do it to win too!

I have 2 GRIEF questions:

1. Whats the green vapor and howcome its on the ground or on top of a car...and how do u get it around you?

Someone on my team had it on them and running around with it.

2. In the stats at the end of the game, what are taints? Does it have to do with the vapor?

Thnx.

There is a new power-up drop exclusive to grief. It is basically a hunk of raw meat. When you gran it it replaces your gin and you can't shoot until you get rid of it. If you throw it somewhere (it has a perfectly straight trajectory) it leaves a green cloud of vapor behind which acts like a monkey bomb. All the zombies will go to it. If uou throw it at a person on the other team the cloud stays around them and all the zombies target them. This is great for trolling the other team as it allows you to steal their points while they are completely swarmed. Taints are the number of times you use the meat on an actual person.

I've only played grief a few times, but playing a custom game starting at round 20 was awesome!

It was the funniest games I've ever had.

Farm (No PaP)

We started with 10,000 points. Which is great at first, you buy all perks, but then eventually everyone goes down & you start the next match-up with not enough points to buy anything. The last person could never finish the round. It went for about 2 hours & we all gave up.

No-one won!

I've only played grief a few times, but playing a custom game starting at round 20 was awesome!

It was the funniest games I've ever had.

Farm (No PaP)

We started with 10,000 points. Which is great at first, you buy all perks, but then eventually everyone goes down & you start the next match-up with not enough points to buy anything. The last person could never finish the round. It went for about 2 hours & we all gave up.

No-one won!

Starting games on round 20 are super fun, especially if you have a good team :P

I had the best zombies experience of my life today. Good lord it was a blast.

My friend told me all his friends think he is the best zombie's player ever. Naturally I challenged him to a game. We ended up doing grief; I had two very bad teammates and he had one great partner so we were pretty evenly matched. Unbeknownst to me he chose to start at round 20.

Naturally I slammed mu pistol into the machine and ran with mustang and Sally to grab jug. First box hit-- BAM! RPD! After running a decent makeshift train and unloading on them with the RPD I realized it was also headshots only. Rounds 20 and 21 were the most intense two round i've ever played. I carried our team and left the other team in the dust

. After finally crushing the last zombie after struggling through round 22, the others died and I was the only player left in either team. I led us to a glorious clutched victory.

Final score came in as follows, with me atop the LEADERBOARD.

The guy with the second best score had...

130 kills

30 headshots

6 revives

17 downs

Meanwhile I had

400 kills

140 headshots

30 revives

0 downs

Needless to say, they no longer thought my friend was the best zombies player they had ever met. :mrgreen:

That made my week.

On Farm, knife the enemy team off the balcony right after they spend money on the box :lol:

Also, I love starting at round 20. Not even on Grief, just straight up survival. My favorite map to do this on is Town. My team knows what to do now: immediately grab Jugg, turn around and get an MP5, then drop out of the building to get Double Tap. Other perks come after that, then box.

Nuketown is EXTRA challenging though, since the perks don't spawn in right away. My friend and I started on round 20 just last night and Jugg was the very last perk to show up. :roll:

Speaking of Nuketown, would anyone else REALLY like to play Grief on that map? Cause I know I want to!