Starting round zombies

InfestLithium

• Administrators

So I'm pretty sure this was mentioned somewhere (however, I cannot find it for the life of me), but when you start the game of Tranzit, you'll notice there are already pacified zombies in the starting room where we first meet our crew. It's been on my mind for a while, but I can't seem to figure out why this situation occurs seeing as we have never encountered this before. This led me to question the event at hand.

- Why are there zombies in the same starting room as us? It might make sense if our crew walked into the room and voila - zombies everywhere. But even if that were the case, how would they have gotten into the depot in the first place?

- Why are the zombies pacified? The only way they will start attacking you is if you shoot/melee them, wait around for half a minute (or so), or run around acquiring pieces for the Turbine.

- A bit off topic, but Maxis' voice is transmitting from what sounds to be a radio, however, there is no radio in sight. One might suggest it's part of the "voices in the head" ordeal, but the quality of Richtofen's voice versus Maxis' differs greatly. There's gotta be something here. [Note]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Well the first time I turned on Tranzit and saw those zombies I was like:"woaaaaaah ZOMBIES AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Okay...not really but I can imagine that there are some people that would get scared by that. I think that is really the only reason why they are there.

There is no storyline reason to this. IMO

Very interesting points you make OP.

I've wondered the same thing. Maybe just a gameplay mechanic, maybe part of the story?

One thing I've noticed, though it does vary. Sometimes they 'wake up' straight away & sometimes it's not until you make 'a sound' (stabbing/shooting)? It can be random?

Well the first time I turned on Tranzit and saw those zombies I was like:"woaaaaaah ZOMBIES AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Okay...not really but I can imagine that there are some people that would get scared by that. I think that is really the only reason why they are there.

There is no storyline reason to this. IMO

That is a good point. I like the idea of a bigger group whittled to 4 through zombie infection.

That's why I love this game! They do something and we all via a consensus create a storyline reason for it. There really is no other AAA game like it. Treyarch must be wowed by the community's enthusiasm and ability to give reason to everything they do.

Having said that, it is almost certainly a gameplay mechanic to give people something to do/fight over whilst waiting for the first zombies to appear at the window. One of the major bugbears people had with the old zombies is the repetitive/boring nature of the starting rounds. This and the option to start at a specified round have been brought in to combat this.

However I read a post somewhere that if everyone crouches and doesn't hit them, you can keep the zombies passive for the entire game though someone always has to babysit them(sucks to be you right?!) :P

THe zombies being stationary with colourless eyes ties into the timeline. On nuketown zombies, at round 20 or so, the zombies eyes change to blue. So at round 20 or so, Richtofen takes control. That is what is most likely happening at Tranzit, we are starting the game at the moment Richtofen gains power. Marlton's quotes from the fallout shelter stop before Richtofen takes over, so it would make sense that he was in the fallout shelter for the nuke, then made his way through the tunnels to the bus depot. (There is a passageway leading undergound that says "Shelter" right out the bus depot.)

THe zombies being stationary with colourless eyes ties into the timeline. On nuketown zombies, at round 20 or so, the zombies eyes change to blue. So at round 20 or so, Richtofen takes control. That is what is most likely happening at Tranzit, we are starting the game at the moment Richtofen gains power. Marlton's quotes from the fallout shelter stop before Richtofen takes over, so it would make sense that he was in the fallout shelter for the nuke, then made his way through the tunnels to the bus depot. (There is a passageway leading undergound that says "Shelter" right out the bus depot.)

But the zombies in Nuketown don't stop with their eyes not glowing, they just gradually change color.

• Administrators

- Why are the zombies pacified? The only way they will start attacking you is if you shoot/melee them, wait around for half a minute (or so), or run around acquiring pieces for the Turbine.

The Zombies always differ for me. Sometimes I have to shoot them, sometimes I jsut have to move. If I had to guess, it would be part of the fact that Richtofen also mentions how he's getting used to the Aether, so maybe he was still in the process of taking over all the Zombies? If I recall correctly, they have no color in their eyes at all until they start glowing blue and the imminent attack begins.

- A bit off topic, but Maxis' voice is transmitting from what sounds to be a radio, however, there is no radio in sight. One might suggest it's part of the "voices in the head" ordeal, but the quality of Richtofen's voice versus Maxis' differs greatly. There's gotta be something here. [Note]

Dr. Maxis isn't stuck in Aether, in my eyes. He's in the computer system on Griffin Station and on Green Run he states he can't effect physical change yet, which means he can only speak via electronics, like speakers. My guess is that he is taking over the Bus Depot PA System to speak to you there.