Late game depot camp?

So, I usually play solo or 2 man, so I will pass this on for someone else to try or comment on its effectiveness...

Start tranzit, build turbine, leave via free door.

After built up/perked up, come back to depot, use free door. Each player only needs to watch one window.

I'm guessing it is hard to hold a window at higher levels given the guns in this, but it seems like it could work with 4 skilled people with good guns, for a while.

In waw der riese, holding 1 window until 30 wasn't very hard if you were in the flytrap hallway (aisle 6 we called it, after the Tank expression).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should work well until it doesnt work well. Ive been trying to get to the tunnel after getting set-up. No drops if they are behind windows, and without mule kick ammo is alot tighter. Also theres a problem if a player gets down, hes probably going to get left behind. The pap room is great for camping with 4 players early on, just haul ass to the tunnel after 25.

• 1 month later...

Follow up; there is a hole in the roof that zombies come in...

Perhaps opening the first free door from the inside. All four camp in there. I wonder if the windows would slow the incoming horde at all. So 4 windows and 1 roof hole with four people watching the door. Maybe switch out 2 people every reload?

Maybe on easy for the slow moving zombies? Give the game an 'old school camp' feeling...

i was playing solo survial on depot and got a ray gun, which i hate. but i noticed something though. on survival there is no spawn at all if you buy your 750 door and walk left toward the box then back on the side (where the navcard is in tranzit).

if you sit there with a ray gun and a decent secondary you can last a bunch of rounds cause they all come around the corner and walk over the lava, set themselves on fire, and with the ray gun and explosion splash damage it just decimates them. i screwed up trying to test the RPD a round later and went down with the slow reload, but the ray gun is fast enough to reload and spam fire and kill a horde for a few good rounds.

eta: also with NO perks at all, i was still able to hop over the lava to the side and escape and live.

i was playing solo survial on depot and got a ray gun, which i hate. but i noticed something though. on survival there is no spawn at all if you buy your 750 door and walk left toward the box then back on the side (where the navcard is in tranzit).

if you sit there with a ray gun and a decent secondary you can last a bunch of rounds cause they all come around the corner and walk over the lava, set themselves on fire, and with the ray gun and explosion splash damage it just decimates them. i screwed up trying to test the RPD a round later and went down with the slow reload, but the ray gun is fast enough to reload and spam fire and kill a horde for a few good rounds.

eta: also with NO perks at all, i was still able to hop over the lava to the side and escape and live.

I have kind of checked that out, but didn't think too hard on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Probably too tight for 4, but 2 maybe. Or 2 on, 2 off kind of thing. Maybe do like the waw verruckt dt strategy; 1 option was to stand in line, guy in front squats, guy behind standing, right in the path leading back there.../ thinking on (electronic) paper...

Big ammo in front, ray gun guy blasting them... Similar to the flytrap hallway camp in Der Riese....(I totally need to camp waw der riese again soon).