Whats the Year?!?

LILNIG

In Tranzit I noticed the load up screens are all nostalgic 50's looking... The recked cars in tranzit are all nostalgic 50's cars and trucks like in the load up screens... But isn't Misty wearing some hat that has 1221?!?!? So is this the mayan's dooms day, does that date even have significance in tranzit, they haven't mentioned much of anything about it in the quotes or anything that i noticed yet or is it just randomness?!?!? Not to mention the robot bus driver??? Anyone with an answer on the year/date anything... thanx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the license plate on the bus says "Colorado 1960" and I assume that the missiles hit earth around that time, and for decades Richtofen and Maxis have been battling for control over Earth, purpose still undefined.

I believe there was also a hidden audio file that talks about the zombies attacking for decades. So for now, the most logical theory is that the Earth was hit with missiles and Richtofen took control of the zombies during the 60's and for 20-60 years Maxis and Richtofen have been in a power struggle trying to get people on Earth to help them.

Possible, but it is also proposed that TranZit takes place shortly after the events on Moon, based on the amount of dust still kicked up, the fires still burning, and it is currently a popular belief that the voice that can be heard in the Nuketown Zombies bunker is Marlton, and we know that the Nuketown Zombies map takes place during the Moon events, therefore the TranZit gameplay cannot be more than a few years after the Moon event. How to explain the retro look mixed with some highly futuristic areas, and objects, I'm not sure. I myself am not 100% convinced that the voice in the shelter is Marlton, but it is a possibility.

Its apparently in the PRESENT! This is so obvious to me that i dont know know why people keep asking this. Ok, first clue: Marlton's watch. It has a digital reader and has a calculator or something on it. Thats kinda a given. Second, Marlton knows the specs of EVERY gun on the map. With that been said, the box has future weapons in it! Duh! Dude, your not going to find a HAMR in the '60s! FLATOUT. Also, in regards to Moon and Nuketown. It kinda proves the same thing. On Nuketown, theres guns like the M27 and the LSAT with a DIGITAL ammo reader. So that proves that if Moon and Nuketown were happening @ the same time, when do you think it is!? Has to be the present. Duh!

Its apparently in the PRESENT! This is so obvious to me that i dont know know why people keep asking this. Ok, first clue: Marlton's watch. It has a digital reader and has a calculator or something on it. Thats kinda a given. Second, Marlton knows the specs of EVERY gun on the map. With that been said, the box has future weapons in it! Duh! Dude, your not going to find a HAMR in the '60s! FLATOUT. Also, in regards to Moon and Nuketown. It kinda proves the same thing. On Nuketown, theres guns like the M27 and the LSAT with a DIGITAL ammo reader. So that proves that if Moon and Nuketown were happening @ the same time, when do you think it is!? Has to be the present. Duh!

Incorrect. The guns in fact have no relevance whatsoever to the storyline. This fact is more known than pretty much anything else. This is easily provable, unless you can give me an explanation as to how an American military m16 ended up in a Nazi theatre? No? Okay then.

Currently it is still debated when green run is set however I still firmly believe that it is set in the sixties not in the future.

-Jolteon

@ TheVetx

You have really good points & I'm not trying to be a smartass, I know nothing about the weapon history, but people say you can't count weapons as dates?

The 'LSAT with a DIGITAL ammo reader' is equipable in Nuketown, yet Nuclear Tests were banned in America in 1992. It's obvious a nuclear device was detonated on this map.

"Underground tests in the United States continued until 1992 (its last nuclear testing)"

Tell me when a Quantum Entanglement Device was invented? 2025 like the Single player campaign? it was on moon.

Ray Gun?

A very early example of a raygun is the Heat-Ray featured in H. G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds (1898). Science fiction during the 1920s described death rays. Early science fiction often described or depicted raygun beams making bright light and loud noise like lightning or large electric arcs. Nikola Tesla's attempts at developing directed-energy weapons encouraged the imagination of many writers.

I just hope that we get some decent info for a time setting?

@PINNAZ ..check this out though. Whatever caused that explosion on Nuketown wasnt necessarily a NUKE. When you start Nuketown, the loading image alone tells you a nuke didnt go off. From the looks of it, it was some type of device. I know this a forum and its made for theories and speculations but I have NO CLUE what tha thing is! lol I mean, if you were to make any type of educated guess, I'd say the Vril had something to do with it! lol Hate to be that guy... (you know the one screaming aliens) Also, as far as we know, the only NUKE that drops on this level is the one that drop when your dead. And i always looked at that missle like the gov't sent that in since the CDC & CIA members failed their mission.

• Administrators

I am under that Green Run takes place in the past not the future. Nuketown and Moon happen at the same time, and the sign in No Mans Land says 1960 as well as the Green Run bus has a license plate dated at 1960.

Incorrect. The guns in fact have no relevance whatsoever to the storyline. This fact is more known than pretty much anything else. This is easily provable, unless you can give me an explanation as to how an American military m16 ended up in a Nazi theatre? No? Okay then.

Currently it is still debated when green run is set however I still firmly believe that it is set in the sixties not in the future.

-Jolteon

...dude the "M16" really thats your arguement? Its a know fact the M16 has been in every war since the beginning of WWII. So thats not good enough for me. And regards to green run being in the '60s, there was nothing even close to the robot in the '60s. Im just saying...

-Jolteon

...dude the "M16" really thats your arguement? Its a know fact the M16 has been in every war since the beginning of WWII. So thats not good enough for me. And regards to green run being in the '60s, there was nothing even close to the robot in the '60s. Im just saying...

Actually your wrong. A lot of post-60s movies have robots and/or futuristic looks and settings. It is very possible during the Cold War era that someone created a/multiple robot(s).

-Jolteon

I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to say that I think you should be a little more considerate to the opposition. I have one of the largest storyline threads on the site, and I do not agree with you, and that in itself proves the statement "This fact is more known than pretty much anything else." is not so ubiquitous among the community. Just please don't talk like the people who think it might be in the future are morons.

EDIT: I re-read his post and noticed he was using the same tone, which explains why you used that tone, which then prompted me to use that tone. So maybe I was a bit harsh.

• Administrators

Kino Der Toten takes place in the late 1960's, and all the following weapons are in the map and weren't in service at the time.

AK74u: 1978

MP5k: 1976

SPAS-12: 1983

Galil: 1972

FAMAS: 1978

CZ75: 1975

AUG: 1979

L96A1: 1982

As for the robot.

As for your "robot". While his movements might seem advanced, they are nothing more than complex animatronics. This is not some sure intelligent advanced robot some people see him as. He his simply an animatronic machine programmed to drive specific route, and to say Pre-recorded lines. Animtronics have been popular since the 1964 New York World's Fair, when an animatronic Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettyburg Address. It's a a robot folks, it's an anamtronic machine. I suggest anyone that doesn't know the difference to research before assuming this is an advanced robot, because it is not.

Kino Der Toten takes place in the late 1960's, and all the following weapons are in the map and weren't in service at the time.

As for the robot.

As for your "robot". While his movements might seem advanced, they are nothing more than complex animatronics. This is not some sure intelligent advanced robot some people see him as. He his simply an animatronic machine programmed to drive specific route, and to say Pre-recorded lines. Animtronics have been popular since the 1964 New York World's Fair, when an animatronic Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettyburg Address. It's a a robot folks, it's an anamtronic machine. I suggest anyone that doesn't know the difference to research before assuming this is an advanced robot, because it is not.

So the robot was programmed to respond to a zombie outbreak? Specifically? By name? The Undead?

As for the robot.

So the robot was programmed to respond to a zombie outbreak? Specifically? By name? The Undead?

Agreed. Was it also programmed to curse people out? "Door privileges are FUCKING revoked!"

I think our little robot friend has more to him than meets the eye.

EDIT: Rictofen gave the robot life? Because he seems to be something/someone else, not Rictofen himself.

I really don't think so. Maxis has power over technology. Not Richtofen. Richtofen's power are more... magic-like, not technological. I think the eye color is just coincidence. The robot's eyes are blue to indicate friendliness. They turn red sometimes when he is angry, no?

True. But what if the eye color is Maxis taking control :lol: I'm trolling. This robot is more puzzling than the game itself. I think he's a major part in this whole war between Maxis and Rictofen.

Personally, I think some people just look way to much into timelines. It looks sixties, it feels sixties, it's in the sixties. Especially if we're following chronologically with the storyline from Moon to now. Guns have no relevance as they go with what's available in multiplayer. They did the same thing with Blops. They has some WaW guns as well as the new guns.

Also, I believe Misty's hat is nothing more than a nod to the Mayan calendar and the fact that its 2012.

• Administrators

Call of the Dead was set in March 2013, and no nukes had gone off yet, therefore Green Run is set sometime in the future. No one use any stupid "oh there's 10 universes within the zombies timeline and Call of the Dead was in universe 3 on mars" BS, Treyarch's zombie story is pretty complex, but not that complex.

That is.. Just... To put it nicely, not my belief. The story could very well be that complex, we've hit things like this before.

I really don't think so. Maxis has power over technology. Not Richtofen. Richtofen's power are more... magic-like, not technological. I think the eye color is just coincidence. The robot's eyes are blue to indicate friendliness. They turn red sometimes when he is angry, no?

You have a point there, the eyes change color. However, the robot was tampered with in SOME way, I don't think it would yell profanities at the passengers. Any respectable company wouldn't want to do that to themselves and their reputation, in my eyes.

Call of the Dead was set in March 2013, and no nukes had gone off yet, therefore Green Run is set sometime in the future. No one use any stupid "oh there's 10 universes within the zombies timeline and Call of the Dead was in universe 3 on mars" BS, Treyarch's zombie story is pretty complex, but not that complex.

If your forgetting, COTD characters were helping the O4 who were time jumping. They then went to Shangri-La (which I'm assuming is during the same time as COTD), but were able to go back in time. Also who's to say they didn't teleport/time jump to get to the MOON? Maybe the 2013 MOON was all destroyed and stuff and wasn't usable for Rictofen's plan. THE STORY IS TO GOD DAMN COMPLEX!

That is.. Just... To put it nicely, not my belief. The story could very well be that complex, we've hit things like this before.

You have a point there, the eyes change color. However, the robot was tampered with in SOME way, I don't think it would yell profanities at the passengers. Any respectable company wouldn't want to do that to themselves and their reputation, in my eyes.

Either that or it has the ability to choose whether to spout profanity...

Well here's how I see it. Murlton is the one in the Nuketown bunker. Richtofen takes over the zombies at round 25 and at the end of the game the missle from the moon hits the earth. Assuming Richtofen took control in the 60's, Murlton would be in his ~80's if it's set in 2025, or ~60's if it's set in the present. I'm assuming Murlton is about 30 in Tranzit and he sounds pretty much the same as when he did in the bunker. I think Tranzit takes place a year or so after the events of moon.