Underrated gun

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just never used this gun. I got it once and didnt like it so i traded it. But damn a OHK on round 29! thats insane.

and is it just me or does the raygun SUCK now?? Ive gotten so I dont even want it.

How many rounds? I'd rather just grab a bunch of points with the knuckles and shoot for the ray gun.

Thats usually what i do is grab the knuckles and punch for 13 rounds with a weak gun to add to the points.

Executioner is good, but the PaP'd version causes framerate drop and, eventually, G-Spawn. But, if you don't care about that (hehe), you can go ham with it!

I really think people overlook the Chicom. It's the new Spectre, and I friggin LOVED the Spectre. PaP'd it's a lot of fun to use. And, not to mention the damn running speed you have with it... :p

• 3 weeks later...

How many rounds? I'd rather just grab a bunch of points with the knuckles and shoot for the ray gun.

I was thinking wouldn't you be taking a lot of damage from the splash damage from the raygun since you would be punching them in the faces with your knuckles, but other than that I think everyone else would like that :D .

Executioner is good, but the PaP'd version causes framerate drop and, eventually, G-Spawn. But, if you don't care about that (hehe), you can go ham with it!

I really think people overlook the Chicom. It's the new Spectre, and I friggin LOVED the Spectre. PaP'd it's a lot of fun to use. And, not to mention the damn running speed you have with it... :P

See, In multiplayer I prefer SMGs because of my CQB/Rush gameplay style. However for my zombie's style I feel the exact opposite is true. Likewise I personally can't stand SMGs in zombies, with the exception of the MP40 and MP5. It becomes a matter of sacrificing firepower for speed. As you progress firepower becomes more of a priority, so I generally swap out my SMGs early on.

as for the Executioner, it and the voice of justice are freaking amazing. If I have an assault rifle in early/mid rounds I will trade it for an executioner any day. It may not be the widest choice point-wise, but with PAP and double tap it is monstrous all the way up to round thirty. If you get cornered by three zombies, an assault rifle will kill too slowly and a raygun will kill you with splash damage, whereas that bad boy the executioner offers the best of both worlds, with the only drawback being the 5 shot capacity.

I do think the pistols are underrated, I mean the executioner is amazing! But another weapon I do find is underrated is the M1216, I felt like upgrading it during a solo survival game in town & I think I've now find one of my favourites.

The video rendering is sort of working (apart from the audio) now so I made a quick video on it:

TTIVdToByx0

Originally it has 64 rounds, when you Pack a Punch (the Mezmerizer) you get 96 rounds to play with ,as you can see from the gameplay above it has a one shot (although I did have Double Tap II on it so it might not be) kill up close (I downed at round 29 but it is at least until this), it is a fun one to use and recommend anyone to give it a go.

I think snipers are kinda underrated. They actually have a really good quick scoping system.

Anywa somone said raygun sucks now...yea..it kinda does...

I dont normally rely on raygun or wonderweapons (althought if i get it i dont mind taking it!) but without PHD Flopper it is a hassle to use in cloase quarters and Nuketown. If i had it, I think my highest round on nuketown would be 48 (went down on round 47 due to raygun shooting at a zombie close to my feet =P Noob mistake) and 34 on TranZit (same problem =P)

Python is beautiful for headshots. Executioner is fun, but ive never PaP'ed it. but in my opinion ...

FIVE-SEVEN FOR DAH WINZ!!!!! 8-)

I think snipers are kinda underrated. They actually have a really good quick scoping system.

Anywa somone said raygun sucks now...yea..it kinda does...

I dont normally rely on raygun or wonderweapons (althought if i get it i dont mind taking it!) but without PHD Flopper it is a hassle to use in cloase quarters and Nuketown. If i had it, I think my highest round on nuketown would be 48 (went down on round 47 due to raygun shooting at a zombie close to my feet =P Noob mistake) and 34 on TranZit (same problem =P)

Python is beautiful for headshots. Executioner is fun, but ive never PaP'ed it. but in my opinion ...

FIVE-SEVEN FOR DAH WINZ!!!!! 8-)

=_= Really? You must not have played Zombies prior to Ascension... The Ray Gun is a great weapon. You just have to not kill yourself with it. The Ray Gun does you no good if you wait until you are completely surrounded to pull it out. You have to be able to anticipate a tricky situation.

I must say though, in BOII I always Pack-A-Punch straight-a-way because of the fire everywhere. The upgraded Ray Gun has less splash damage, so you are less likely to kill yourself.

• Administrators

I'll have to agree on the Executioner being one badass revolver. If you're one of the lucky souls to get it on early rounds, I promise that it will be a gift from the Gods. You can have the Raygun all you want, but if there's an Executioner/VoJ waiting to be in my hands, there's no question who is the winner. Manage your shooting wisely, and it can even be your last resort weapon when things start looking bad.

Now you got me on a gun-observing spree, so lemme just check off other overlooked weapons in the game...

+ PaP'ed DSR is beautiful. Quick-scoping seems pointless in zombies. But if you have a nice cluttered train going on and there's no chance to fully scope in, you can wipe out at least 4 per shot even in the high 20's. When you land a headshot, the bullet will fire through the zombie and pass into the one right behind it until there's no more zombies in the way. Oh my God, it's just so orgasmic.

+ The M1216 is one of those weapons that you have to fully acknowledge before using. Most of the randoms I play with either pass up the weapon or use the four-shot trigger to kill a zombie. It breaks my heart when they do it, because it's a shotgun. Early on, you can OHK if you aim correctly. Even when you're training around the early 20's, the M1216 will still last if you sacrifice the firepower for spraying. When PaP'ed, you earn yourself a great friend for clearing anything in front of you.

+ I know this has been kind looked upon with a frown, but the MP5 is excellent on any round. Yes, it eats up ammo like a fat kid with cake or an internet-user with bacon, but if you play the headshot game like I do during the high rounds, you'll wish you knew about the power of the MP5. Add your Double-Tap II, and voila - you got yourself a decapitation machine for the rest of the game. Maybe I take the MP5 more seriously than the average slayer because I generally train at the Diner and it's really the only weapon available, but still - even un PaP'ed, that SMG will be of great service.

I'm not even going to talk about the SMR. You can guys call it a degradable FAL, but it'll always remain to be the worst weapon in the game. Hell, I'd rather take my chances with the Ballistic Knife til Round 40 than to have that piece of turd.