NEW Zombies Killing Technique

Jbird

Hello everyone, today I am going to be explaining to you guys a new mechanic I found in Black Ops 2 zombies that once again makes this game way easier than it should be. So, in the original Black Ops zombies, if you were to damage a zombie, that means it will not respawn if you go too far way from it.

But, in Black Ops 2 it does quite the opposite. If you go too far away from a damaged zombie, not only will it respawn a new zombie, but that damaged zombie actually counts as a kill. So I have been testing new strategies with this...

One that I have found was in the starting room of TranZit, the Bus Depot. If you leave the open-able door closed and only go through the turbine door, as long as the zombies are damaged and you go through the turbine doors in bus depot they will respawn on the other side and count as kills.

Another recent strategy I have found is to train up a horde of zombies, damage them (preferably with an explosive), then use the teleporter. It will then respawn all the zombies and they will all be counted as kills.

If you have any questions or ideas, please post below. I will try to post a video on my YouTube channel soon to explain all of this, so stay tuned :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it actually get you through the round?

I mean as long as it "only" get's you kills and doesn't help you progress it isn't as bad as it sounds. imo

Regardless of that,I agree it needs to be patched.

this is the key issue. if you can just damage zombies then travel, and that lessens the number of zombies left in the round, that is problematic, but if it just adds to your kill count for leaderboards, well thats just a longer more painstaking way of killing them lol

That's boosting your kills stat. They could simply fix the code to say player landed deathblow, count as a kill. Zombie died without a final blow from player, zombie respawns or just doesn't count as a kill. Should be simple enough? A player should never get a kill unless they land the final blow to deplete the zombies last hit points. Anything more should be an environment kill or auto respawn the zombie.

I wouldn't consider this "cheating" since you still have to have a strategy and be a decent zombie player to be able to do this. Also, any of the zombies killed doing thsi don't actually count towards kills on your stats or leaderboards. It's only useful for progressing through rounds.

I wouldn't consider this "cheating" since you still have to have a strategy and be a decent zombie player to be able to do this. Also, any of the zombies killed doing thsi don't actually count towards kills on your stats or leaderboards. It's only useful for progressing through rounds.

Cheating is cheating regardless of difficulty.

Ahh I misunderstood. As long as it doesn't end the round or count as kills on your stats then I don't see anything wrong with it. What's the point of shooting them at all then? Just to get enough money to open the door to get to the vault?

They will only actually be "killed" if you damage them. If you only teleport and don't dame them, then the round will never stop as they don't count as being killed and will just respawn. I will be livestreaming me testing it in 2 hours on my Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jbird_justin