Clocks

CrazyTrain0917

I was reading another thread that sort of got off track so I thought I'd start a fresh one to discuss timeline and the clocks. I don't have Nuketown yet so I'm not able to test this out myself. There is apparently a clock that changes time on it that is tied to the population of zombies sign? If this is so then try to stop the clock on 19:49 (time stopped on clocks in the Bus Depot and Diner) or 19:04 (time stopped on Marltons watch) See if it does anything, makes anything appear, or triggers any audio, etc..

Out of all the clocks that have ever been in Zombies, how many moved (besides the small tick of the clock in Der Reise) I'm thinking this is significant. I'm also thinking there might be some sort of EE type thing that ties Nuketown and Tranzit together.

If this has already been done or discussed to conclusion then please link me to the thread, otherwise let us know what happened with your experiments with the clock on Nuketown.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Marlton's watch is set at 19:04'38, not 17:04 ;) I heard the Green Run clocks are 45 minutes ahead, which supports yiur numbers, so change the 17 to 19 again, making it 19:49.

The clocks always seem to have an importance, as I believe they determined the time of FIVE and Ascension.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=19855

Some believe that Ascension and FIVE are at the same time, some believe they are not. Here is a hint as to the idea that Ascension and FIVE are during the same time. In the the FIVE opening cutscene with them all talking, you see a clock on the wall in the back that says 12:00 for Moscow, Russia.

It is believed that Ascension takes place at the Baikonur Cosmodrome, and there is a clock in Ascension that reads 12:00. Baikonur is in the same time zone as Moscow, so that leads me to believe they are at the same time. Using a simple world clock, FIVE would be either at 3AM or 3PM. If you believe that Ascension is during FIVE, then FIVE takes place at 3PM because it would be midnight in Ascension since it is dark out.

Good thread, bringing this to light.

Sorry it was me who threw the whole thread off base :lol:

Anyways to post my idea here.

Marilton was working in the Nuketown site and was one of the scientists working on the project of nukes and zombies. When the original nuke went off and made the zombies it created in EMP wave knocking out his watch at 19:02 During round 5-ish the bus came (can be heard on the map) and Marilton moved from his bunker (knife it you can hear him in there) to the bus and left the site, to his advantage. Because 45 minutes after he left the second larger nuke that Dr. Maxis sent hit the earth, he was luckily out of range by 45 minutes but it did knock out all electrical devices in a larger vicinity (meaning the bus stop clock was killed at 19:49 exactly 45 minutes after the original test nuke). This proves to provide the ongoing story of the whole incident.

To lay it out in chronological order.

-Marilton somehow was involved in testing the nukes and/or zombie testing (don't know he was there for a reason though)

-First controlled nuke went off at 19:02 (as seen on his watch) and blew out all of Mariltons equipment.

-CIA/CDC arrive to investigate the scene (CIA maybe looking for Marilton? CDC attempting to control the zombies? or some other motive)

-Richtofen should have built an egg moving robot (quote after round 2 meaning he is doing the EE on moon)

-Bus arrives and Marilton moves to the sound of its horn and boards the bus(heard on round 5-ish and the fact that Marilton is not dead help this)

-Maxis enters the password (quote said about how no one would guess it)

-Marilton is well on his way (presuming because he was out of the blast radius)

-Richtofen takes control of the zombies completing the EE (round 25 zombies change eye color and diff. announcer)

POSSIBLY MISSED STUFF

-Dr. Maxis and the rest of the gang shoot of the rocket that detonates exactly 45 minutes after the test nuke from nuke town. (Clocks in the Diner are off from Mariltons by 45 minutes 19:49) Giant emp goes off accidental release of a lot of 115 and lava is now everywhere.

Hopefully there are more to be gained from the two maps, especially nuketown, unfortunately I have not been able to look around nuketown after round 25 to look from some more info.

Please correct any mistakes, give some feed back, update the chronological list.

This is a good topic & I'm sure the clocks relate to something. The clock in the diner was shown on purpose in the Zombie trailer. And also some good ideas coming out of it.

But I think you have a few things wrong

In Nuketown - There is apparently a clock that changes time on it that is tied to the population of zombies sign?

It is not a clock but the Population board which counts down as you kill zombies.

It may also not be 19:49pm. I think it is actually 07:49am as i think the sun is out.

There is also another clock in the "Ticket Booth" (next to the Turbine workbench") that has the time '05:11 or 17:11'

What to make of all this?

Yea it's actually used a lot more these days. Businesses use it and most time stamps within customer management programs and stuff use it. At least in my experience anyway.

Military sticks out to me though.

Like I said I don't have nuketown yet so I'm not sure how the clock there works. What are the mechanics? Does it count down to dropping a next perk machine? Does it tick consistently or just as you kill zombies? I dunno but I'm recommending testing it out. It could be totally unrelated but that woods video where he said that marltons watch is very significant just screams to me. Why would he mention it like that if it was irrelevant?

• 2 months later...

This is a good topic & I'm sure the clocks relate to something. The clock in the diner was shown on purpose in the Zombie trailer. And also some good ideas coming out of it.

But I think you have a few things wrong

In Nuketown - There is apparently a clock that changes time on it that is tied to the population of zombies sign?

It is not a clock but the Population board which counts down as you kill zombies.

It may also not be 19:49pm. I think it is actually 07:49am as i think the sun is out.

There is also another clock in the "Ticket Booth" (next to the Turbine workbench") that has the time '05:11 or 17:11'

What to make of all this?

Last I checked, during a large portion of the year the sun is still out at 7:49 pm. Factor in the fact that when you walk out of the bus depot I am fairly confident you are facing south, and the sun is to the right, or west. The sun rises in the east, and sets in the west, meaning, to me, that the sun is in fact setting and that it is 7:49 pm.

To add to this, people kept using the two bus routes on the map as "evidence" of a B bus. My problem with that is that I believe we are already riding the B bus. If it were 7:49 am then why would we be getting on a bus that shouldn't be scheduled until 9:15. It's far more likely that the bus is 10 minutes early than it is for it to be 1+hours early.

Quick edit: Also, the time it would take to get from Nuketown to Green Run (Or Sedan Crater to Hanford Site, Benton, WA) is between 15 and 17 hours at highway speeds (55mph/90kph) and buses rarely are capable of travelling over 80mph/130kph. That would reduce the time to a low of about 13 hours.

I don't know what all of this information means, necessarily, but I figure I should put it out there so we can discuss it.

I'm not sure about the generic thread on something that can be split into so many topics. We are discussing zombie timeline maps, watches, clocks in nuke town and then the actual clocks in the Tranzit game mode. All of these aspects have different information which I'll grant you have some relation but still can get hectic in one thread.

Regarding the clocks in tranzit - was discussed in another thread which is still on the 1st page about the clocks and the PaP knives. I can confirm with help from DueceCostello http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17120 that shooting the clocks make your knives irretrievable. You can shoot them beside, on top, anywhere else and retrieve them but the clocks.

What relevance this has I have no clue, Also clock counts, I know now of 4 in Bus Depot, 1 in Diner and 1 in the Bank with no hands. Does anyone know of any other clocks in this game?

Last question on the clocks is if anyone knows of any other objects like the clock that you can shoot into but not retrieve.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an "old" thread/topic, but though I'd post here as most relevant post I found. I also apologize if this has even covered before. Being a pretty new user, I don't know 100% what has been discussed, bit I did a search on the forum for Clock and 19:49 but didn't see anything when I skimmed the 12 pages of results.

So anyway, I am really into the story and history surrounding zombies at the moment and have just read this

http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/index.html?http://www10.antenna.nl/wise/381/3733.html

It relates to The Green Run project. I won't bore the details here as I'm sure we all know them. Anyway, back on topic heres the opening excert of the document/information:

"On the night of December 2, 1949, the filters in the stacks at the US nuclear weapons plant at Hanford, in Washington state, were turned off and 11,000 curies of iodine-131 were released directly into the atmosphere."

So the way I see it the clock in the diner is a reference to this event in 1949.

I'm reading some more now so maybe the other clocks hint to important events associated with Green Run.