Handy Gimmicks

Undead

So I'm sure it's old news by now to some, but actually spending five minutes to really look at some of the options that are new in multiplayer, there's several pretty handy ones I've come to really enjoy.

First off, emblems. In Blops 2, you can design and save your emblem. What I mean by save your emblem is that if you wish to design another emblem, your current emblem will be saved in your archive to select later so you do not have to remake it should you wish to have it again later on. This helps a TON considering I've made a handful of pretty epic emblems in the first Blops and liked to switch between them and make something new as an idea comes to mind. But, I hated to just completely erase it in order to make a new one. Not to mention the frustration of forgeting how to make some of them the way did.

Another feature I recently noticed is if you wish to save a game to later watch and edit in theater mode, you may, rather than exit your game and save it immediately. I rarely ever used theater in Blops, and that was one of the biggest reasons. Unless it was one of those "1 in a Million" games that just was so freakin' epic, I usually just was too lazy to bother going back to look for it later. Now, you can just bookmark good games to watch later.

With that being said, what's your favorite new gimmick of Blops 2?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the emblem creator, although I am sad due to an apparent lack of rabbits, I guess dolphins will have to do. I also enjoy the pick 10 class system. I think it is cool that I can substitute a second tactical grenade and a perk 1 perk, to double up on perk 2 perks. Really allows for some highly specialized classes.

Although I do not care much for weapon xp. I don't like how tough it is to earn all the attachments for a weapon. I wish it was unlock tokens instead. I am very glad it isn't both though.

I love the emblem creator, although I am sad due to an apparent lack of rabbits, I guess dolphins will have to do.

Ducks aren't in it either.

Riot time. :evil:

I saw some lightning bolts, but I'll be damned if I saw one single Jesus. Riot time indeed!!

I know, it's a joke.

On topic I like the new emblems, as my new emblem uses about 25-30 emblems. I like the fact that I can plant A bomb, run and snag a kill or two, have it detonate, And BAM! I already have dragonfire. I love scorestreaks so much since I always play to objective anyway. I also like the new scorestreak rewards themself, like war machine, HELLSTORM, hunter killer, Lodestar, and loads of other sweet ones.

I like how the killstreaks are a lot more balanced this time around and there isn't constantly some chopper spraying me down 3 seconds after I spawn. That got super old in Blops and MW2 especially. Also yes, I love love LOVE how you have to do challenges in order to earn camos, emblems and titles. Gives them a lot more meaning than just buying them.

I love love LOVE how you have to do challenges in order to earn camos, emblems and titles. Gives them a lot more meaning than just buying them.

I totally agree with you there. Especially because I would just buy everything before I prestieged anyway.

I like the variety for secondary weapons. I didn't like how in BO1 everyone would just take an explosive secondary because there was nothing else.

I love love LOVE how you have to do challenges in order to earn camos, emblems and titles. Gives them a lot more meaning than just buying them.

I totally agree with you there. Especially because I would just buy everything before I prestieged anyway.

I like the variety for secondary weapons. I didn't like how in BO1 everyone would just take an explosive secondary because there was nothing else.

Not to mention secondaries actually do something. Pistols were pretty much useless the last couple CoD games.

Not to mention secondaries actually do something. Pistols were pretty much useless the last couple CoD games.

when you are out of ammo and all you had to rely on was your secondary, you were screwed in black ops. now with automatic pistols (and my baby girl executioner) you can go on a rampage and keep the upper hand in CQB, rather than hoping you get lucky. launchers are a bit better too. i don't like the new crossbow, but that is my only disappointment for secondaries in BOII. apart from that they have been improved loads. prior to release i was like "black ops secondaries suck! im just trading it out for another perk!" little did i know that the executioner would end up being one of my favorite and most used guns....

• Moderators

The Python was useless? :shock:

Although the MW3 pistols were pretty bad which makes sense because the game was pretty bad as well...in my opinion. Everytime there is a chance for me to hate on MW3 I take it...I should stop doing that. :lol:

In MW2 the pistols were good as well.

WaW okay.

And nothing beats the CoD4 deagle. 8-)

Black Hat.....

Enough said 8-)

I never actually got around to using that, what does it do? I know it hacks stuff, but can you use it at range, is it unlimited, etc?

I haven't used it but I spectated soneone using it. They hacked a helicopter from the ground. So yes, super long range. I've seen it used on uav as well.

Edit: I think it's multi-use.

Black Hat.....

Enough said 8-)

I never actually got around to using that, what does it do? I know it hacks stuff, but can you use it at range, is it unlimited, etc?

I haven't used it but I spectated soneone using it. They hacked a helicopter from the ground. So yes, super long range. I've seen it used on uav as well.

Edit: I think it's multi-use.

You can only use it once (twice if you equip a second one). If there are no walls or objects in the way, it's range is infinite. There is nothing it cannot hack. If you hack a scorestreak, it will be destroyed, and some may take more than one. Equipment is converted to friendly equipment and counts as if you had laid it down yourself (Tactical insertions are just destroyed). It captures care packages very quickly, both enemy and friendly, and enemy care packages are booby trapped upon capture while giving you its contents (they let you capture care packages dropped on roofs or outside of map boundaries). It also has a decent range through walls.

There is nothing better than hacking a betty that someone just threw down, watch them stare at it in confusion and then going wtf as it kills them seconds later. :D

There seems to be a bit more variety in general. Sweet camos, loads of attachments, etc.

there used to be 3 main sights: red dot, ACOG, and holo. Now they all have different special effects and are aesthetically very different.

We now have over 20 available killstreaks, loads of which are new or innovated cleverly.

There are over twice as many lethal and tactical grenades.

The wild cards themselves offer the ability to abandon whatever you want and pick up the slack elsewhere.

This variety And FREEDOM makes it possibly my favorite MP yet.

• 2 months later...

I have tried for about 2 weeks now to hack a freaking Hunter Killer. I never even have got it to notice the Drone. Can this really be done? If so.. How do you go about doing it for the best results? If this can be done then it is obviously hard to do so I think instead of doing this you should just try and make it to the closest house.

You know there's already modded lobbies out there?

This guy had the 'Operations Master' Title and didn't play a single Hardcore match. I was like wtf? I look at his combat record for weapons....... HE HAD 1,999,999 KILLS WITH THE CROSSBOW AND A NEGATIVE K/D RATIO FOR IT! OMG why do people have to cheat.

I also got kicked from a random match. It said, "Error You have joined this session illegally." I'm pretty sure I was thrown into a modded lobby by mistake.