Poll: Who do you follow in the backstory?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose Richtofen. I feel that in the end he will make the more morally correct choice. So far everything he has done has helped. He has released Samantha from the pyramid. While under its influences Richtofen/Samantha don't really have much control under their actions or behavior. Looking at Maxis he has Nuked earth and currently as much as we know is destroying all electronics. Although personally I think Maxis is a better person.

Personally i am also going for Ric. ATM anyway, I have a felling Maxis has some sort of sinister plan,

also isn't planning to wipe out humanity right? he wants people to rule over the people

but if maxis is a computer A.I. (witch is the common belief ATM right?) then what regard for human life does he have?

I'd rather be alive surrounded by zombies than dead.

but my opinion is subject to change

Edit: also, if there is a way to get those goddamn voices out of rics head he might be willing to do some good

Why do ppl think maxis is an AI I can't really remember the radio's in der reise but I'm pretty sure maxis was in them talking about physically doing experiments,how can an AI manipulate anything in the physical world, also I'm fairly sure there where absolutely 0 AI's in the '40s

Anyways ima have to go with Richtofen because he has been helping since the beginning, so what he done a few bad things, sometimes u need to do bad things for good things to happen, ex. Nuking two cities of japanese civilians.

Why do ppl think maxis is an AI I can't really remember the radio's in der reise but I'm pretty sure maxis was in them talking about physically doing experiments,how can an AI manipulate anything in the physical world, also I'm fairly sure there where absolutely 0 AI's in the '40s

Anyways ima have to go with Richtofen because he has been helping since the beginning, so what he done a few bad things, sometimes u need to do bad things for good things to happen, ex. Nuking two cities of japanese civilians.

Maxis was a person. He worked at Der Riese. He was shot at Griffin Station in one of the Radios. Not everyone agrees, but by now a lot do. Maxis created his own computer system in the '40's, way before its time. *cough* teleporter in the '40's? *cough* He then appears WITHIN Griffin Station's mainframe in the Moon Easter Egg. Richtofen tried to "delete" him. Maxis can only communicate through technology. And he cannot manipulate ANYTHING in the real world. All this combined makes for the belief that he used his previous experience creating the Datenbediensteter computer system to create an artificially intelligent digital copy of himself that got into Griffin Station and now the area of Hanford, Washington.

Btw, Richtofen's done more than a few bad things... He brainwashed Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo. He tested upon tens of thousands of people. He killed the Mexican. He tested on Samantha. He ordered the murders of hundreds of prisoners in Griffin Station. He tried to kill Samantha and Maxis. He used the population of Shangri-La as a kind of slave labor. He had a hand in trying to kill Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo. He facilitates the CDC's and CIA's hatred of each other into them killing each other. He wants to fix the world... so that he can run it...

Maxis really is a good guy. Richtofen is evil. So I'm going with Maxis. Maxis isn't perfect, but he's loads better than Richtofen.

+1. Same reason why I voted for Maxis.

I'm not sure why anyone could think Richtofen isn't that bad of a guy and that Maxis is evil must not have been following the story too closely. I know we've had a few of these threads like this, but I'll say again Maxis is a good man, hell bent on revenge for the man that stole it all from him. At this point in the story, he's done nothing "evil" IMO. He's done the necessary things thus far to try and stop Richtofen from gaining full control. The radios recently found for TranZit, along with the previous Moon quote, clearly indicates he never meant to threaten the entire planet. His plans have been pretty straight forward what his mission is. To stop the takeover of Richtofen and help rid the Earth of the creatures. I suppose he could just be deceiving the crew into helping him, but he hasn't showed any signs to me thus far that he has evil intentions. I can understand why people voted for Richtofen though because it was alot of people's favorite character to play as. As far as storyline goes though, you've gotta go with the underdog and and the good guy, Maxis.

As for the belief that he's an AI, yes most people seem to be under that impression lately. Which is totally fine and acceptable theory, but I for one am not sold just yet. The thought is that because Maxis only appears through electronics, that he must be an AI or in some sort of cyberspace. If he was in Aether, he would just communicate like Richtofen would, without electronics. Right?

I somewhat accept the possibility that Maxis is in some kind of "cyberspace", though it seems improbable at this point as we've never heard any mention of such a thing existing in the game. The AI thing for me is hard to believe though, as I don't know how he could have "inserted" himself into computers in America at places like Jackass Flats and the Hanford Site of the Manhattan Project. We do know they had operatives in America, so perhaps that could offer an explanation of how he was inserted into those systems. It's really hard to say that though as we have nothing solid to support it.

We have no clear way of telling for sure where Maxis is at the moment, but like I posted in another thread, I believe the signs from BO point to him being in Aether or somewhere similar:

I personally can't say for sure exactly where Maxis is working from. Considering we know so little about Aether and how it works, and have never had any mention of a cyberspace, it's hard to say he exists in either one. I've always considered him to be in Aether though, as that's where Samantha hints him being at in her Moon quotes "Daddy, make him stop!" "Take me to my father!" (boxmove). Also consider her quote when a red(negative) powerup appeared on Moon: "Daddy, is that you?". These things could suggest he's somewhere in the Aether. Also, after completing Maxis' side of the EE on Green Run, orange orbs (as opposed to Richtofen's purple) can be seen being sent up the tower, as well as when the powerup arrives underneath the tower. These same oranges orbs can be seen when hitting the mystery box. These could be signs that Richtofen and Maxis are in a very similar location.

What it really comes down to is what we know about Aether. The only examply we really have is Gersch's experience while in there. We know that Samantha was aware of Gersch's whereabouts in Aether, but what I don't quite understand is why it took her so long to capture him. If she was the one in charge of everything in Aether with unlimited power, it would of been quite easy to capture and destroy him. It makes you question just what it's like in Aether. Is it a large open world? Or what is it? Would Maxis be capable of avoiding Richtofen's capture, or can Richtofen even capture him?

There's one quote I do find interesting during the Easter Egg.

"Excellent, your skills are superb. Now get this thing to the obelisk. We must hurry, for Maxis is a busy little beaver, and the dam he built will kill you all! TRUST ME!

Richtofen knows where Maxis is at and what he's doing, yet he's incapable of stopping him. Whether this is a reference to the fact he's in Aether, cyberspace, or somewhere else I'm not sure. I just find it interesting Ed knows what he's doing but can't stop him.

Maxis really is a good guy. Richtofen is evil. So I'm going with Maxis. Maxis isn't perfect, but he's loads better than Richtofen.

+1. Same reason why I voted for Maxis.

I'm not sure why anyone could think Richtofen isn't that bad of a guy and that Maxis is evil must not have been following the story too closely. I know we've had a few of these threads like this, but I'll say again Maxis is a good man, hell bent on revenge for the man that stole it all from him. At this point in the story, he's done nothing "evil" IMO. He's done the necessary things thus far to try and stop Richtofen from gaining full control. The radios recently found for TranZit, along with the previous Moon quote, clearly indicates he never meant to threaten the entire planet. His plans have been pretty straight forward what his mission is. To stop the takeover of Richtofen and help rid the Earth of the creatures. I suppose he could just be deceiving the crew into helping him, but he hasn't showed any signs to me thus far that he has evil intentions. I can understand why people voted for Richtofen though because it was alot of people's favorite character to play as. As far as storyline goes though, you've gotta go with the underdog and and the good guy, Maxis.

As for the belief that he's an AI, yes most people seem to be under that impression lately. Which is totally fine and acceptable theory, but I for one am not sold just yet. The thought is that because Maxis only appears through electronics, that he must be an AI or in some sort of cyberspace. If he was in Aether, he would just communicate like Richtofen would, without electronics. Right?

I somewhat accept the possibility that Maxis is in some kind of "cyberspace", though it seems improbable at this point as we've never heard any mention of such a thing existing in the game. The AI thing for me is hard to believe though, as I don't know how he could have "inserted" himself into computers in America at places like Jackass Flats and the Hanford Site of the Manhattan Project. We do know they had operatives in America, so perhaps that could offer an explanation of how he was inserted into those systems. It's really hard to say that though as we have nothing solid to support it.

We have no clear way of telling for sure where Maxis is at the moment, but like I posted in another thread, I believe the signs from BO point to him being in Aether or somewhere similar:

I personally can't say for sure exactly where Maxis is working from. Considering we know so little about Aether and how it works, and have never had any mention of a cyberspace, it's hard to say he exists in either one. I've always considered him to be in Aether though, as that's where Samantha hints him being at in her Moon quotes "Daddy, make him stop!" "Take me to my father!" (boxmove). Also consider her quote when a red(negative) powerup appeared on Moon: "Daddy, is that you?". These things could suggest he's somewhere in the Aether. Also, after completing Maxis' side of the EE on Green Run, orange orbs (as opposed to Richtofen's purple) can be seen being sent up the tower, as well as when the powerup arrives underneath the tower. These same oranges orbs can be seen when hitting the mystery box. These could be signs that Richtofen and Maxis are in a very similar location.

What it really comes down to is what we know about Aether. The only examply we really have is Gersch's experience while in there. We know that Samantha was aware of Gersch's whereabouts in Aether, but what I don't quite understand is why it took her so long to capture him. If she was the one in charge of everything in Aether with unlimited power, it would of been quite easy to capture and destroy him. It makes you question just what it's like in Aether. Is it a large open world? Or what is it? Would Maxis be capable of avoiding Richtofen's capture, or can Richtofen even capture him?

There's one quote I do find interesting during the Easter Egg.

"Excellent, your skills are superb. Now get this thing to the obelisk. We must hurry, for Maxis is a busy little beaver, and the dam he built will kill you all! TRUST ME!

Richtofen knows where Maxis is at and what he's doing, yet he's incapable of stopping him. Whether this is a reference to the fact he's in Aether, cyberspace, or somewhere else I'm not sure. I just find it interesting Ed knows what he's doing but can't stop him.

You know what really makes me happy? Well, what is the difference between a twilight fan deciding between Edward or Jacob, and a codz fan deciding between maxis and richtofen? 4000+ characters. I am by no means saying twilight fans are not smart, but it warms my heart to see the level of passion and deep thought shown around here on a regular basis, even on seemingly simple topics. You guys are the best. Stay frosty. Team richtofen FTW.

Apparently it says Maxis A.I. in the credits, although that doesn't pinpoint his location, it does confirm that he is an A.I.

sorry i really jumped the gun on that one, ignore that comment

• Administrators

Apparently it says Maxis A.I. in the credits, although that doesn't pinpoint his location, it does confirm that he is an A.I.

It doesn't say AI in the credits

:cry: That's not what I meant. :cry:

:cry: That's not what I meant. :cry:

Sorry man, I just got excited when I saw you say A.I. in your other post.

I fixed the comment now