The "Useless" Church

TheOriginLife

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you fly around in theater mode and go towards the roof of the church and approach it at an angle you can see inside of it. Theres nothing but the boarded up window in there that you can see from the outside and some fire. Now thats not to say that the church has no importance and isn't a part of the EE, but theres nothing inside of it.

Re: The "Useless" Church

by funky419 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:15 pm

lol where you been? its so you can give other people money.

Haha wow didn't knew that one, have been throwing a ton of grenades at it to see if it will do something, shame on me :P

Maybe my theory will do, only without the keys part ;), there is something about that saving system in the bank.

You might as well take a deeper look at NDU, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks there is more their than just Two Parts.

I went there yesterday after trying to get under the bus when it crossed the bridge, there is nothing there.. I tried walking everywhere to see if I could pick up something, and I also crouched everywhere to see but there's nothing..

Hi guys, I noticed something:

Inside the bank, there are two keys in the desk similar to the deposit keys (they shine to be noticed), locking a small drawer (can't do anything with these keys yet). There is a max amount of cash you can deposit at the bank (250k). Has anyone tried to turn the keys in the desk with the max amount of cash in the bank? Maybe this unlocks something at the church (or does anything to the "spire" that Maxis talks about), they are clearly connected.

Why is this my theory: Jimmy Zielinski posted on twitter that the zeros are the way out and he posted something about commitment (playing a lot to fill the bank). I have not got a lot of evidence but both these hints match my theory.

Plus the keys in the desk of the bank are too obvious to mean nothing (they can't just be a hint for the deposit keys behind the vault door).

So guys lets start saving money! maybe for the first time in our life, saving money really is the solution ;)

Punch those keys with the Galva knuckles, It allows you to share your money with a friend.

does this thread deserve a bump?

the spire?...

SpireFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search For other uses, see Spire (disambiguation).

spire is a tapering conical or pyramidal structure on the top of a building, particularly a church tower.

Symbolically, spires have two functions. The first is to proclaim a martial power. A spire, with its reminiscence of the spear point, gives the impression of strength. The second is to reach up toward the skies.[2] The celestial and hopeful gesture of the spire is one reason for its association with religious buildings.

?

There has to be something about the Church. I hope so anyway.

It is shown on the survival loading screen & was also shown in the background at the end of the trailer as they fired the Jet gun.

Apart from the Tower dropping Power-ups, you get nothing from completing the EE? No Perks, No Weapons?

I sat outside the church for about half an hour in theatre mode & the bells seem very erratic? The bell would go off at varying intervals - 30 secs, 20 secs, 1 min, 15 secs, back to a minute (not in that order) I don't know if it's some type of coded message? Just like the morse code? But what code would be at such lengths of time?

I've also been doing a bit of research on Hanford & surrounding areas of 'Benton County'. There's a former little town called 'White Bluffs' which was one of the areas taken over by the Government (like Hanford was) as part of the 'Manhattan Project'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Bluffs,_Washington

Proposed Catholic Church - White Bluffs

The picture above is of White Bluffs from the early 1900's

I'm currently trying to find out if there is any mysteries surrounding it? Very hard to find. (I'm not sure it even existed as it says 'Prop' which I assume means proposed?)

And the only remains of the town nowadays -

First Bank of White Bluffs

Though a lot of churches & banks would of had the same designs, White Bluffs is nearly our exact location on the map (Our Green Run location is actually on bare land, near 'Gable Mountain' on the picture below)

White Bluffs is definitely town, the river flowing above it it the lava river where the bridge is, flows just the same. That map is also identical to the one at Bus Depot.

• 1 month later...

Guys, the Jetgun sucks things in. It does not blow air out. How can you blow a roof of with something that doesnt blow. That theory is false.

Also, maxis refers to the spire, been the tower of babble. The pylon in the cornfields. This theory is false. I honestly think you guys should chill out. Tranzit is not so huge. If their was anything on it now, we would have found it.

Guys, the Jetgun sucks things in. It does not blow air out. How can you blow a roof of with something that doesnt blow. That theory is false.

Also, maxis refers to the spire, been the tower of babble. The pylon in the cornfields. This theory is false. I honestly think you guys should chill out. Tranzit is not so huge. If their was anything on it now, we would have found it.

did you read the date on the previous posts?? this shit is old lol your late bro :lol:

Anyone tried to reverse engineer the PaP room? i.e. put a turbine at the bank vault and see if that does anything to church?

I thought of this too but havent gotten aorund to trying it yet. Notice the same symbol that is in the Power room where oyu put the turbine is also on the PAP door. Could a door open in the power room possibly....

• Administrators

Anyone tried to reverse engineer the PaP room? i.e. put a turbine at the bank vault and see if that does anything to church?

It does nothing, from what experimentation has told us. The only effect you can achieve between the two doors is opening the Pack-a-Punch door via turbine near the power bunker's door.

Doubt this helps, but whether I throw a semtex at the church or the building on the right (diner>town shortcut), the semtex goes up, hits, is stuck to me...

Everytime. Why?

.....wat?.....excuse me i just finished smoking, can you repeat that but just in better way? :?

Several times when passing through the shortcut, I have tossed semtex at the church (once at the building on the right). As soon as the semtex hits (i watch it) it is stuck to me.

If I recall, that was originally found in the game files. It's concept art for how Grief was originally gonna work. A big barricade in the middle dividing the two teams to sides and you throw the stink bait over the wall to draw the zombies to them. Eventually it became what it is today. I doubt the Town will ever look like that.

If I recall, that was originally found in the game files. It's concept art for how Grief was originally gonna work. A big barricade in the middle dividing the two teams to sides and you throw the stink bait over the wall to draw the zombies to them. Eventually it became what it is today. I doubt the Town will ever look like that.

This is correct. But what is striking about this photo is how the spire on the church is being struck my lightning. Would this be a clue that we would need to do something with the church? I believe this is the only concrete PROOF of something that could be possibly done with the church in town if ANYTHING.

Yes this is actually very important. Maxis refers to the "Spire" in ripped audio files. A Spire is generally part of a Church. If you watch this video (no fog on map, theatre mode) it looks as if there is something inside the top windows of the Church.

Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jhyBt6fcA#!

There is even a window you can board up on the church. Which makes no sense? Because in that area the denizens still have access to you. Why would there be a window you can board up? Theres something we're missing...

You guys are thorough! I don't believe there is any significance. The map Green Run was hastily thrown together, because they were approaching the game's launch date and they were unfinished with development. Zombies and Multi player shipped with many bugs. The days after launch many of the multi player servers were down trying to correct bugs. Zombies mode was very glitchy. Green Run was not intended to have fog originally. The fog was added because the hardware wasn't capable of processing the amount of information correctly on such a large map.

If you do the "no fog glitch" you can see that even though the level is very detailed, the distant objects and textures fail to load in a big way, and this is an obvious flaw that would break the whole experience. This is most likely true for the EE also, it feels thrown together.

I was playing a game last night, a simple tranzit game with some friends trying to get money back in the bank. I usually play with the voices off just to hear and see the game, of course this is very dangerous but I think its better than hearing the roars of the zombies.

we were hoarding zombies and I noticed something.

The bell rings very VERY randomly... too randomly....

whats even stranger is that every time the bell rung Lighting would apear overhead.

Not too the point that it was going to spawn but ever very so slightly in different areas.

Another Ring and the lighting grew even more, another Ringing noise and the lighting was everywhere and overhead like "It" was going to spawn.

The bell rung again and the lighting moved.

I don't know if it was a coincidence or that lighting was just messing with me but I could've sworn it moved from place to place.