The "Useless" Church

TheOriginLife

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked into the jet gun flying thing and wow, that is crazy.

perhaps there is a spot on the bus ride where you jump off the top and fly? The flying won't work unless you are already off the ground - so we must consider that IF using the jet gun to fly is a viable part of the EE, then all locations off of the ground are worth checking out.

perhaps there is a spot on the bus ride where you jump off the top and fly? The flying won't work unless you are already off the ground - so we must consider that IF using the jet gun to fly is a viable part of the EE, then all locations off of the ground are worth checking out.

What if you were to jump off the bus and float over to the corn fields... would you be able to stand on top of it?

What if you were to jump off the bus and float over to the corn fields... would you be able to stand on top of it?

How does one stand on corn?

• Administrators

And on top of that, why would you want to stand on the cornfields? The only thing you'll see is the electric tower and the Proto-type of NDU. Although I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get above them b/c the coding limits of the field is set in parameters that are more like blocked-off walls than, say, a board from a barricade (hence there being so many glitch spots like BO).

But if you CAN fly temporarily with the Jet Gun, just think of what we may stumble across...maybe that small tucked away space in the brick building outside the power station? The church is very sketchy (though I believe a barricade is just there for when zombies come after you since Denizens won't pop out upon rearing the ledge).

I have found a VERY interesting hings about the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 (yea i memorized it; got a prob?)

Someone had posted an ACCIDENTAL video of one of the abilities of this gun..

here goes...

IT. CAN. FLY.

That is right! When jumping off a high point and firing, you can temporarily over zombies and/or obstacles (?). I have not full tested out the "over objects" part but it foes work! someone please see this and check it out!

I have found a VERY interesting hings about the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23 (yea i memorized it; got a prob?)

Someone had posted an ACCIDENTAL video of one of the abilities of this gun..

here goes...

IT. CAN. FLY.

That is right! When jumping off a high point and firing, you can temporarily over zombies and/or obstacles (?). I have not full tested out the "over objects" part but it foes work! someone please see this and check it out!

We already knew this...We were already talking about it a few days before the topic was even brought up. Not trying to be rude, but your a little late buddy.

How does one stand on corn?

Idk. But I accidentally jumped onto a zombie's head and got stuck/taken down playing on town. No idea how it happened, but it did.

• Administrators

Just experimented with the Jet Gun.

Flying is of very short distance; technically, it's more of hovering than per say a jet pack. By the time you hit the critical mark, you've only gone about a few feet (from the Bar in Town, I managed to reach a little into the lava pool in the center). Getting onto a barricaded building (like the bowling alley) is not going to happen.

It does not suck in fog. When you attempt it, it really does look like it's being trapped inside the engine. But once the air effects disappear, the fog will still remain untouched.

Standing (and jumping) on a Denizen teleporter yields nothing. Even while transporting [using the Jet Gun as you jump into it), nothing special occurs.

Jet Gun + Bus Driver = No bueno. He takes it as you attempting to assault him. Strange, since all it's really doing is sucking you in. Hell - even the notepad underneath him won't get into the belly of that Jet Gun.

I have a feeling that the gun should be used for the floating orbs around the streetlights, but this has been debunked quite a few times. At one point, I shot the streetlight (with the supposed orb around it) and it actually cut off the blinking lights. But after several attempts, I realized I was unintentionally using the gun when the Morse code would take a break between phrases. Maybe I'm stupid for thinking that sucking in an orb with a vacuum-like gun would present something interesting. Then again, anything goes in Zombies.

Edit: Has nothing to do with a church, or Jet Gun; however, I did find this:

Just thought this was a very interesting sight. I know it's simply one of those Richtofen things like the "NOW DIE" at the Diner, but this one seems more...relevant to examine than the others? Haha, I'm losing my mind.

I don't think there's anything in this guys. In theatre mode you can't get anywhere near the church door.

Also, that window is there because running past the church is a shortcut to town and this makes it a little harder as zombies come from the front as well.

And when have we ever been able to get into a building where the zombies emerge from?

Prove me wrong though! :P

Flying is of very short distance; technically, it's more of hovering than per say a jet pack. By the time you hit the critical mark, you've only gone about a few feet (from the Bar in Town, I managed to reach a little into the lava pool in the center). Getting onto a barricaded building (like the bowling alley) is not going to happen.

It does not suck in fog. When you attempt it, it really does look like it's being trapped inside the engine. But once the air effects disappear, the fog will still remain untouched.

Standing (and jumping) on a Denizen teleporter yields nothing. Even while transporting [using the Jet Gun as you jump into it), nothing special occurs.

Jet Gun + Bus Driver = No bueno. He takes it as you attempting to assault him. Strange, since all it's really doing is sucking you in. Hell - even the notepad underneath him won't get into the belly of that Jet Gun.

I have a feeling that the gun should be used for the floating orbs around the streetlights, but this has been debunked quite a few times. At one point, I shot the streetlight (with the supposed orb around it) and it actually cut off the blinking lights. But after several attempts, I realized I was unintentionally using the gun when the Morse code would take a break between phrases. Maybe I'm stupid for thinking that sucking in an orb with a vacuum-like gun would present something interesting. Then again, anything goes in Zombies.

Just thought this was a very interesting sight. I know it's simply one of those Richtofen things like the "NOW DIE" at the Diner, but this one seems more...relevant to examine than the others? Haha, I'm losing my mind.

That picture shows the sign saying MOON! I just not noticed that :lol:

I don't think there's anything in this guys. In theatre mode you can't get anywhere near the church door.

Also, that window is there because running past the church is a shortcut to town and this makes it a little harder as zombies come from the front as well.

And when have we ever been able to get into a building where the zombies emerge from?

Prove me wrong though! :P

The bar and the jug room are both locked, the zombies spawn inside and drop down the broken walls. Technically dude... lol

But I agree here, I've tries so many things with the church I don't think its possible to get inside. Same with getting into the laundry mat/bowling alley. Unless something eventually triggers a major event with these 2 places I doubt we will be seeing the inside of them.

also: I've yet to find any practical use for flying with the jet gun. You can float over zombies when jumping from an elevated level anywhere but I have yet to find anything I didn't already know from doing so. It's actually a little awkward to do in mid zombie fight as well. Not hard, just awkward. It doesn't produce results like rocket jumping did back in the Q3A days. Just slows your landing to the ground by a couple seconds, essentially making you dangling zombie food really.

There is also a consistent blue flashing light in that room

I need someone to try this, whoever is updated on the easter egg.

That sound after the TV in the house at the Farm. It sounds like a door opening. After that has happened, someone try something with the church.

That church is damn fishy and there is something up with it. I don't have the game so there is nothing i can do. Its up to you guys.

==================================

I also believe that the church could arrive after the obelisk table thingy is solved. Alternatively, the church could be the thing we need to solve the Obelisk Table.

• Administrators

I need someone to try this, whoever is updated on the easter egg.

That sound after the TV in the house at the Farm. It sounds like a door opening. After that has happened, someone try something with the church.

That church is damn fishy and there is something up with it. I don't have the game so there is nothing i can do. Its up to you guys.

==================================

I also believe that the church could arrive after the obelisk table thingy is solved. Alternatively, the church could be the thing we need to solve the Obelisk Table.

Just checked, and nothing happened at/near the church. Besides, the front door is barricaded with debris that seems very unlikely to be removed anytime soon. The door in the TV audio sounds like a heavy electrical sliding door (or close to it). Is there another door in the map that has the power symbol on it? I can only think of the room below the Ak74.

Why does powering that door open up the one to PaP? Considering the distance between Power and Town, it's way too far to be linked by the same door. Of course it can simply be transmitted electricity via wires of some sort to open the door. But honestly, that's the only electrical I have yet to see open.

• Administrators

Just checked, and nothing happened at/near the church. Besides, the front door is barricaded with debris that seems very unlikely to be removed anytime soon. The door in the TV audio sounds like a heavy electrical sliding door (or close to it). Is there another door in the map that has the power symbol on it? I can only think of the room below the Ak74.

I have no clue if it's relevant, but there's the power symbol inside the vault in Town. It's just a green square with a lightning bolt going through it. The BradyGames Strategy Guide seems to think there may be something.

Just past the safety deposit box, there's a second Vault door that can be opened in much the same way as the first. Doing so grants you access to the innermost Vault. Here you'll find another wall of deposit boxes marked with a certain symbol. Hmm. Does this symbol look vaguely familiar to you? We'll leave this one up to you to crack.