The "Useless" Church

TheOriginLife

So most of us know about the random "Useless" church outside of the town. I've taken time and looked at it thoroughly and noticed the top of it is falling off and glowing. It just has a weird essence to it. I'm not currently caught up on the EE, so I figured one of you could test this for me. What if you took your Jet Gun and possibly blew the top of the church off?

If you try this, post a reply of what happened or didn't happen. Thanks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this is actually very important. Maxis refers to the "Spire" in ripped audio files. A Spire is generally part of a Church. If you watch this video (no fog on map, theatre mode) it looks as if there is something inside the top windows of the Church.

Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... jhyBt6fcA#!

There is even a window you can board up on the church. Which makes no sense? Because in that area the denizens still have access to you. Why would there be a window you can board up? Theres something we're missing...

Has anyone actually tried if you can use the jet gun to clear the fog by sucking it into the weapon? I doubt anything will happen but it's worth a try I guess.

EDIT: Also, today while playing town survival I noticed that there's a light coming from the first floor of the bank. (above where the M14 is located in town survival/grief) Might be of some importance. I wonder if you go to town on Tranzit without turning the power on, will there still be light coming from the window?

Has anyone actually tried if you can use the jet gun to clear the fog by sucking it into the weapon? I doubt anything will happen but it's worth a try I guess.

EDIT: Also, today while playing town survival I noticed that there's a light coming from the first floor of the bank. (above where the M14 is located in town survival/grief) Might be of some importance. I wonder if you go to town on Tranzit without turning the power on, will there still be light coming from the window?

I also noticed another glowing light above the laundry mat, which can be clearly seen through the blown out hole in the building. I am seriously considering buying this for my Mac and no_clipping the heck out of it!

Supposedly you can "fly" with the Jet Gun also. By jumping off a high area (like a second floor) and firing it. Not sure if you could use this to get anywhere or not.

Interesting. Why not, it's a jet engine right? lol

I'm about to go check out the church a little more, I've noticed the window but it never dawned on me that "why would there be a window to do up in the fog?" I'll nade everything.

The spire comment always made me think of the church even though everyone says it's the radio tower where you start the EE. The view up that street with the church in the background is the picture on the postcard in the loading screen. I'm thinking closer examination of that postcard is warranted.

I'll also check to see if the lit up window above the bank is still lit up with the power off.

I'm curious if there will be a way to get into the bowling alley. If you look through the windows it totally looks like you could run hordes in there where the lanes are. If we're to get in here it seems to me it'll be through the metal door in the front or jet gunning up through the hole. Something tells me it's just wishful thinking though.

I'll report back with any findings I come across.

Dude your so right about the Church and the postcard. Because if you watch that one dude on youtube who did the voicing for one of the original black ops characters, he said that Treyarch does everything on purpose. Right down to the images they show you on the loading screens. I gotta take a look at that image now maybe we can find something.

Supposedly you can "fly" with the Jet Gun also. By jumping off a high area (like a second floor) and firing it. Not sure if you could use this to get anywhere or not.

Yeah, I saw that in a video earlier today.. I feel like it's going to lead to a fascinating discovery.

I'd honestly be kind of surprised if it didn't. Why even put that ability into the game if there was no point to it? Unless it was just an unintended side effect of the Jet Gun's propulsion when firing that 3Arc either didn't realize, or just didn't bother to take out.

I have PC version, how do i No clip ?

In Black Ops you only had to enable the console by setting monkey toy value to 1 in your config.

Then just bind no clip to what ever key you want in the config.

But I dont have Black Ops 2 so I'm not sure if it works like that anymore or if the console is not locked at all.

In that case it will open with § or ~

Just went to the church with EMPs and grenades, Nothing seems to give any difference regardless of what part of the church I threw the emp or grenade at. Front doors, top of tower, and even the window all seem to have no effect. Didn't get to use the jet gun, that's next on the list.

Yea I got nothing as well. Tried emps, fan, nades, ray gun and jet gun. It doesn't look like you can get into the church gentlemen. Unless it's like ascension and you need all 4 people with ray gun jetgun emps and what not.

Also tried to use the jetgun to get into the laundromat/bowling alley to no avail. You don't really fly. Just kinda float down from a second floor.

I'm still lookin though