Black Ops 2, Still thinking

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm replying to this at a time where I'm really feeling enamored with the zombies mode as a whole so my positive feelings are at an all time high. But I'd really recommend it. Tranzit is challenging, immersive, and honestly it's a different experience every time as there are many different playing styles people have. And I'm really starting to warm up to the characters. Grief to me is a very fun alternative to the traditional round high score based survival play. It's competitive and it's a more tangible way to show off your skills against others. The two maps town and farm are perfect for this mode. As for survival itself I'm actually getting a kick out of the challenge of it. Especially town. I was never a fan of the super big zombie maps like Call of The Dead and Shi no Numa. Town and Farm get straight to the point and if you memorize the locations it can be a real blast to play. I will say that the matchmaking is annoying. It's supposed to pair you with players similar to your skill level but the matchmaking is as random as ever. You can't see how high people in the lobby have been on maps. You can't do private matches (this is very annoying as sometimes I'll only have one friend with me who I can count on to know what to do on Tranzit or town). I still think the pros outweigh the cons and multiplayer is all kinds of fun. It's what Modern Warfare 3 SHOULD have been.

Campain is worth 45$ hands down in my opinion. First FPS campain that made me play it again 2-3 more times. If you beat the first campain, you need to play this one. It has 6 different endings I believe based on your choices in the campain. And you have motivation to go back and redo missions so in the next ones you have amazing guns (if you complete some challenges in one mission, you get a mini gun >:D cool as hell) You set up your class before you start a mission like multiplayer and get new guns/perks based on progression.

Zombies: Overrated batshit. At least so far. Only 1 map that once you play 4-5 times it is boring as hell. Even Nuketown 2025 gets boring after opening everything up. 2 years and 1.5 zombie maps made. Wtf. They spent more time making zombies more efficient than making it larger. I'm not saying that is bad, joining your friend's games while their playing and host migration if the host quits is really nice. (8 players zombies is fun too) But after awhile the one zombie map (Green Run) Just gets old and you feel like you got ripped off on zombies.

Multiplayer: Nothing new, same old same old.

In the end:

Campain 5/5

Zombies 3/5

Multiplayer 2.5/5

Overall 7/10

This is my opinion as some people hate campaigns no matter what and love cod multiplayer. But I find most agree with the failure of effort in zombies. Hope this helped you make your desicion.

I suggest getting it.

Yeah, it's just that I was hesitating on waiting for christmas deals for Blops II

60$ is 60$

Plus ­~ 50$ for the season pass.. sums up about 120$ with taxes

I've read around the forum and it seems like a good game, tranzit still has many mysteries surrounding it. I want the game for zombies/campaign purposes mostly, but the online issues really drag the WHOLE game down..

Many people are dissapointed about the maps and game in general (Online)

But yeah, I'll just hold out for now, it's not like I'm missing a lot, there's just tranzit and NK with season pass afterall..

Thanks for replies :)

Campain is worth 45$ hands down in my opinion. First FPS campain that made me play it again 2-3 more times. If you beat the first campain, you need to play this one. It has 6 different endings I believe based on your choices in the campain. And you have motivation to go back and redo missions so in the next ones you have amazing guns (if you complete some challenges in one mission, you get a mini gun >:D cool as hell) You set up your class before you start a mission like multiplayer and get new guns/perks based on progression.

Zombies: Overrated batshit. At least so far. Only 1 map that once you play 4-5 times it is boring as hell. Even Nuketown 2025 gets boring after opening everything up. 2 years and 1.5 zombie maps made. Wtf. They spent more time making zombies more efficient than making it larger. I'm not saying that is bad, joining your friend's games while their playing and host migration if the host quits is really nice. (8 players zombies is fun too) But after awhile the one zombie map (Green Run) Just gets old and you feel like you got ripped off on zombies.

Multiplayer: Nothing new, same old same old.

In the end:

Campain 5/5

Zombies 3/5

Multiplayer 2.5/5

Overall 7/10

This is my opinion as some people hate campaigns no matter what and love cod multiplayer. But I find most agree with the failure of effort in zombies. Hope this helped you make your desicion.

I suggest getting it.

Lol compared to Black Ops 1 we got a lot more. Kino was classic but got old really quick. You either trained the stage or you ran the whole map repeatedly and teleported every round. I'll always love it but it got boring very fast. Five. To me it's a garbage map. The characters are the only good part about it. Dead Ops Arcade...come on, that kind of game has been done a million times. Nothing special about it. Then the rest of the maps followed and we had fun with that. This is just pre DLC zombies and it's way more impressive. I don't see how Tranzit is boring after 5 play throughs. I love it more every time I play it. Survival is starting to be really fun and Grief is great. We got WAY more content this time.

If you're a diehard zombies fan, then I highly recommend this buy. You definitely get more bang for your buck as far as zombies goes. There is the issue of the limited maps, but they're all very fun - Nuketown is amazing - and DLC will fix this in time. You've got ranking now, Grief is fairly fun, and TranZit will take you days to even learn the basics.

Multiplayer is good. I can't rave about it because it's the same multiplayer as we've seen before. Yes, it's the best multiplayer we've seen in a while (still not as good as World at War in my opinion though) and they added some new features that make it nicer, but all in all it's the same game. The way I see it, I paid $60 for a zombies game and got multiplayer for free.

I still have yet to play the campaign so I can't give you my review on that.

I'm not planning on ranting here so I'll just keep this concise.

Zombies: I love it to the fullest. I expected survival to be the main focal point and the other modes just like the DOA of black ops 2. However, I play tranzit loads, more than survival, but I honestly like grief WAAAAAAY more than I thought I would. Maybe it's because I'm a natural troll artist, or I'm just a big deal in general, but I have won all but 1 games of grief. I give zombies a 9.5/10.

Campaign: I played it through twice and can tell you from an objective viewpoint that it is the best campaign so far. I got stuck in a few places where the placement of checkpoints made it so every time I spawned I was instantly screwed, but this was only once or twice. 9/10.

Multiplayer: multiplayer has been revamped and is one of the best yet IMO. The scorestreaks are genius. Since demo is my favorite game mode I can plant and guard a site and get only like 2 kills, run and have it detonate, and BAM! I already have dragonfire. Genius. I have noticed some dreadful issues with spawning though, primarily spawning two feet from an enemy and stuff like that. I give it 8/10.

Overall: 9/10. I expect it will be 10/10 after the major bug fixes and the first DLC. But still, I love this game to the fullest. I say go for it.

Campaign: BEST ONE I HAVE EVER PLAY ON COD

MP: normaly i NEVER play MP, but i do like this one.

(spawns are a little messed up, and i dont like the new cross bow. The Plus is they brought back Wager match game types called party games, and the new scorestreaks are cool)

Zombies: If you want a challenge, well you finaly got one. Great leaderborad stats, gots everything but Knife kills pretty much. Only downside is there are a few small bugs 3arc still needs to fix.

Over all for a FPS 9/10.

Fix the bugs and add in Knife kills on the leaderbords, id give it a 10/10.

If money is your concern then wait till after the new year to buy it. By then they should have all the bugs worked out, and the 1st DLC will probly blow our minds(at least as far as zombies go)

If the 1st dlc is bad then dont buy the game, unless you still wanna play the EPIC campaign. Id say the Campaign alone is worth 40$

I haven't bought the game yet and I'm still hesitating on buying it by christmas or before. Is the game (Zombies & Campaign) very good, as in I should buy it as soon as I can ? or is it waste of money for the time being cause of minor problems (Leaderboards for example, Lag on multiplayer and so on..)??

Judging by ur name, get the game