Questionair for Player Icons

Necrojon

I thought this might be of help in determining what each of the ranks means. Here we will reply to a few questions and then give some info on when (if at all) you got to a higher rank (if you can remember that is)

First off is a few questions.

1.) What is your current rank (Skull with knife, shotguns, nothing?, Blue eyes or not? How many tallies?)

2.) Highest round? How many people?

3.) Have you done the Easter egg?

4.) Have you played all the maps? (Excluding Nuketown)

5.) Have you played all the game types on each map?

6.) Has your rank ever gone down?

7.) Explain when you got your rank, what it was before, and what you did in the game before you got this rank?

*8.) Have you seen the orange glow that sometimes appears around the box and in town?

I'm hoping these questions once stock piled will serve the community to see similarities and maybe even find out how this whole thing works. Feel free to add questions if you find necessary.

To answerer my own questions

1.) Skull with knife, no blue eyes.

2.) 31 solo

3.) No

4.) Yes (Including Nuketown

5.) no

6.) No

7.) I had the plain skull with no blue eyes, went onto solo did a 31 round game when I got out knife with skull but no blue eyes.

*8.) No

Key

* = Newly added

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) What is your current rank (Skull with knife, shotguns, nothing?, Blue eyes or not? How many tallies? Blue eyed skull with shotguns and 5 tallies.

2.) Highest round? How many people? 38 2 player tranzit.

3.) Have you done the Easter egg? Nope

4.) Have you played all the maps? (Excluding Nuketown) Haven't played survival farm or survival bus depot.

5.) Have you played all the game types on each map? Nope.

6.) Has your rank ever gone down? Nope.

7.) Explain when you got your rank, what it was before, and what you did in the game before you got this rank? Well i was sitting on the blue eyed skull with the knife then i played a few games of grief on town. I won 3 in a row then on the fourth the game froze and i had to reset my ps3. When i turned it back on I had the blue eyed skull with shotguns. So i skipped the normal skull with shotguns and went sraight to the blue eyed skull. Weird.

1. Skull with Knife, 4 tallies, no blue eyes

2. 31, solo, Nuketown

3. no

4. yes

5. yes

6. yes, I was at Skull with blue eyes and 5 tallies. Turned off system for the night, next morning I had lost 1 tally mark and blue eyes

7. played a mediocre solo game of TranZit. First game I had played since I lost blue eyes and tallies like I mentioned in question 6. After this game, I had Skull with Knife, still 4 tallies and no blue eyes. This was on Wednesday, rank hasn't changed since

1.) Skull. Eyes not glowing. 4 tallies. Step down from 5 tallies with blue eyes. Haven't recovered since and I've actually been playing better.

2.) 19 (4) 21 (2) That's on Tranzit.

3.) No. None of my friends know how to do it. Die every time I try it alone.

4.) Yes. Every map. Every mode.

5.) Yes.

6.) Yes. After winning 5 Grief matches in a row averaging 140 kills each game. Don't know what happened.

7.) Got the skull I currently have after my first Grief win. Blue eyed skull after my second win. Had it for a good four days before inexplicably losing it.

I'm 99% sure that the blue eyes & the Tallys are based on activity. The ACUALL RANK so far goes like this; 1 bone, 2 bones, skull, skull & knife, skull & 2 knife. I have PROOF of the skull & 2 knifes because my friend is that rank. (he has a lot of stats)

The blue eyes will dissapear after exactly 24 hours of no zombie playing. (I also have proof)

You can get them back too, but it seems to be harder everytime. :( I hope I'm wrong.

My theory for Tallys is the days played zombies in a row. It will subtract the days you haven't played also. (my friend who has 2 knifes didn't play for 4 days and lost 4 Tallys and blue eyes. And is currently getting them back)

But to answer your question I think ranking up is based on adding up all of your stats. For the skull with 1 knife you need AVG 10k zombie kills, 150 perks drank, etc. if you are under avg in one area like miles traveled, it will level out if you have over avg kills for your next rank.

I judge all this based on my friends stats and how they leveled up.

• Administrators

I'm 99% sure that the blue eyes & the Tallys are based on activity. The ACUALL RANK so far goes like this; 1 bone, 2 bones, skull, skull & knife, skull & 2 knife. I have PROOF of the skull & 2 knifes because my friend is that rank. (he has a lot of stats)

The blue eyes will dissapear after exactly 24 hours of no zombie playing. (I also have proof)

You can get them back too, but it seems to be harder everytime. :( I hope I'm wrong.

My theory for Tallys is the days played zombies in a row. It will subtract the days you haven't played also. (my friend who has 2 knifes didn't play for 4 days and lost 4 Tallys and blue eyes. And is currently getting them back)

But to answer your question I think ranking up is based on adding up all of your stats. For the skull with 1 knife you need AVG 10k zombie kills, 150 perks drank, etc. if you are under avg in one area like miles traveled, it will level out if you have over avg kills for your next rank.

I judge all this based on my friends stats and how they leveled up.

You're on the right path, but I'll have to challenge those theories.

I just (as of right this instant) leveled up from a Skull w/ blue eyes to Skull w/ blue eyes w/ 5 tallies w/ a dagger. This was a result of playing a Survival Match on Farm for 31 rounds, precisely 1,134 kills/26 revives/4 downs/422 headshots. I've been on the Blue-eyed skull for almost a week now, and it finally changed.

I don't average anywhere close to 10k kills, however, I do believe there is a particular set average on certain statistics. No longer is this about high rounds. If you keep playing survival and go far with a large enough stat record per game, I believe ranking up will become easier.

1.) Skull with knife, 5 tallies, blue eyes.

2.) 39 Solo Tranzit.

3.) No

4.) Every single map played.

5.) Yes

6.) No

7.) 39 round game on Tranzit solo, 2298 Kills, 2 revives, 3 downs, 1417 Headshots.

One thing I've noticed with a bunch of my friends that play games with me is that they seem to rank up depending on how far they've gone, i.e. Rounds. Going to round 22 with some friends on tranzit they leveled up to the skull with 1-5 tallies, but no blue eyes. then going to 29, same thing. I didnt even rank up, at the time my Icon was the skull with blue eyes and 5 tallies. then one day when I decided to kill some time I made it to 39 on tranzit solo and when the game finally ended I had ranked up to the knife with 5 tallies and blue eyes and I've been there for the past few days. I regularly make it to around 25 at least on each game and i never ranked up but the game I passed 30 I was given the knife.

Here are my overall stats:

Kills: 30,914

Bullets Fired: 152,197

Down: 376

Revives: 379

Grenade Kills: 853

Headshots: 12,707

Deaths: 204

Gibs: 39,245

Perks Drank: 286

Doors: 393

Hits: 169,912

MIles Traveled: 624

1.) Blue-eyes Skull & knife. (5 tallies)

2.) 40 town solo

3.) Nope

4.) All maps

5.) All games modes

6.) Yep. I was at the rank I am at currently, watched a theater match, and lost my blue eyes and a tally.

7.) I think it was after I played 2p co-op and got to 24 on nuketown.

Hope it helps.

So just a little recap there are some things we can eliminate and some things we need to confirm.

First off you can get rank up in any map and any game type, Tranzit, greif, and survival all work in leveling your icon up.

In a similar fashion you don't have to play all the maps, or all the gametypes, to level up.

There doesn't seem to be a correlation between easter egg completion and rank.

Rank can and will go down after periods of inactivity, this could mean days, or in some cases during random times (Slappamedoo is a good example)

Now to address the proposals that Saleenseven has brought up. The tallys very well might be based on activity, as people that play more tend to have more tallys and over time they tend to be lost. But the blue eyes is a different matter, I have played the game every day since release and I have yet to get the blue eyes. We need some testing on the rates in which you lose and gain these two attributes, but I personally don't think the blue eyes have anything to do with activity.

Also Saleenseven has given a good proposal that your avg could be related to your rank, as the better you do the better your rank and the worse you do the worse your rank, on average. This is a very likely possibility, to further it I believe that there is a scale applied to grief mode that prevents quick wins from destroying your average.

Now a hopefully quick test is if you keep on playing do you get a tally every day? Would someone mind testing this?

lastly and most importantly a question that will help debunk the blue eyes

8.) Have you seen the orange glow?

This with questions 1 and 3 should shed some light on the whole zombie vision theory.

1.) Skull with knife, 4 slashes. No blue eyes.

2.) Highest Recorded 27 with 4 people. A friend and I got a 30+ but randumbs left and it didn't save to leaderboards.

3.) Nope

4.) Yes

5.) No, I haven't played grief yet.

6.) Depends on your definition of gone down. I've had my slash marks drop but the whole icon changed as well. See below.

7.) It was after a game with a friend that is all I know. It was a blue eyed normal skull with 5 slashes, then after the game it dropped down to a skull with a knife on it with 4 slashes and no blue eyes.

8.) Maybe, I thought I saw something that looked similar to it when a friend that had completed the EE spun the box but I wasn't paying close enough attention so not 100%

1.) What is your current rank - Skull with no blue eyes.

2.) Highest round? How many people? - 32, 4 people, tranzit

3.) Have you done the Easter egg? - Yes, but only the maxis side.

4.) Have you played all the maps? (Excluding Nuketown) - Yes

5.) Have you played all the game types on each map? - Yes

6.) Has your rank ever gone down? - Yes

7.) Explain when you got your rank, what it was before, and what you did in the game before you got this rank? - I had the skull with blue eyes by just generally playing games on each map, I then lost my blue eyes for no apparrent reason and didnt even get them back after getting too round 32 with 2500 kills and nearly 1800 headshots..

*8.) Have you seen the orange glow that sometimes appears around the box and in town? Yes, however only on the mystery box, and this was when I had blue eyes and also when I didnt.

I think I agree with this. My friend and I both have the skull with blue eyes with 5 tallys and then we didn't play zombies for at least 2 days. We played today and noticed our rank went down to skull (no blue eyes) and 3 tally marks. :cry:

1.) What is your current rank (Skull with knife, shotguns, nothing?, Blue eyes or not? How many tallies?)

Skull, blue eyes, 5 tallies.

42 2ppl TranZit

no

yes

yes, but grief only 1-2 matches

6.)Has your rank ever gone down?

yes, blue eyes disappeared once.

7.) Explain when you got your rank, what it was before, and what you did in the game before you got this rank?

I stared off with double bones (deluxe edition?). Don't remember when I got the Skull. I got the blue eyes after a long match.

*8.) Have you seen the orange glow that sometimes appears around the box and in town?

huh? no.

a.) I'm in the top 100 of overall kills on PC and never seen a knife, a big shield or a shotgun shield. Argh.

b.) I did a lot of test games (1-5 rounds).

c.) I usually play with the knuckles, then with a LMG or AR, build up a train and go for headshots. In general, I get about 50% headshots. In 25+ I start to use a Ray, dropping the headshot quote.

d.) My TranZit boni are: Fast Revive, Strong barriers, this deadshot thing.

Skull, blue eyes, 5 tallies.

42 2ppl TranZit

no

yes

yes, but grief only 1-2 matches

6.)Has your rank ever gone down?

yes, blue eyes disappeared once.

I stared off with double bones (deluxe edition?). Don't remember when I got the Skull. I got the blue eyes after a long match.

huh? no.

a.) I'm in the top 100 of overall kills on PC and never seen a knife, a big shield or a shotgun shield. Argh.

b.) I did a lot of test games (1-5 rounds).

c.) I usually play with the knuckles, then with a LMG or AR, build up a train and go for headshots. In general, I get about 50% headshots. In 25+ I start to use a Ray, dropping the headshot quote.

d.) My TranZit boni are: Fast Revive, Strong barriers, this deadshot thing.

Have you played zombies every day since it released tom?

For sure , but when I lost my eyes i made a little bit a bigger break, for like 20h or so.

I just got an idea. The knife could be related to Grief, i.e. positive win-loss ratio. The Eyes are obviously something with playtime, in whatever way.

But How to change the background??

My stats are in signature. I have done both EE. My friend levelled up from knife to shotguns last night after getting to Round 40 last night. She had 40+ on couple maps before. So I guess it has to do something with Average high rounds: Perhaps 40+?? I have about 6 people on my list with shotguns and they all made it to 40+ on most maps. Oh BTW I am still stick with blue eyes and skull :Sadface

Oh and here are my answers..

Skull with Blue Eyes, 5 tallies

40, 2 people

Yes both Richtofen and Maxis.

Yes

Yes

No

I got this over a week ago. Didn't do anything significant. Just have lots of kills and revives.

Yes.

Shotguns/blue-eyed skull.

49 in Farm. Solo. I've yet to play 2/3/4 player co-op with friends.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

I achieved my rank within a week. My skull has always had blue-eyes if I remember correctly. I believe I had gone to 45 in Town solo when I achieved the shotguns.

No. Nor have I actually payed attention to any glowing when hitting the box.

Small update it appears that the tallies decide if you have blue eyes or not. Five tallies means blue eyes.

Another bit of info you can actually rank up from leaving games. I left a greif mode game in town to play with some friends, when I came out I had five tallies and blue eyes with my knife symbol.

Interesting stuff, we still have no real clue how the tallies are decided though.

Updated:

Current was Skull, blue eyes

OK, Check this:

I haven't played for 24h: Blue eyes still there.

I still do not play, and check after 40h: Blue eyes gone!

Then I play for about 1 hour, no blue eyes yet. But I'm pretty sure, they measure your activity within the last 48 h - 72 h (or more).

But now it comes: I get my freakin knife with a bigger shield in the background. I played a Bus Staiton custom from round 10 to about 25 in 2ppl. We died, no knife yet. Then I start another custom Bus Station in round 15 with the same dude, and I check the scores in 17, having the knife. Guns used were same as always, Galil and Ray. I noticed nothing special. It can't just be the rounds you get, I mean I just played from 15 to 17, and it got me the knife. It must be some stat like "get xy kills".

So I check my stats. Nothing special so far. OK, drank straight 500 perks but since there is no perk in bus station, this can't be it. nothing, nothing, nothing. I mean stuff like 13200 headshots? naaa. But then I notice one thing: 203756 hits. My round 17 game went on to about 25, could be 3756 hits. Then, I check who's online. 2 guys with knife, me, 3 guys without knife. I check the stats again. Everybody having the knife has 200k+ hits. Everybody below not. I mean it's just a measurement out of 6 guys. But, hmm, could be it.

So sunday I stop playing Zombies around noon. I noticed before I quit that I had 5 hash marks, a skull, and blue eyes. I did NOT play again until Tuesday night around 6pm. When I looked i was demoted to 4 hash marks, and a skull. So i lost a hash mark and my blue eyes.

I played ONE game. On round TWO of this game I shot a zombie 6 times and knifed...GREEN FLASH :!: :?: :!: . SWEET something changes hopefully. Nothing noticably different in the rest of the game. After we died we went and watched the replay. The instant I knifed the zombie the flash happens, also the sound of a nuke plays but no nuke (no 400 points, and the round didnt end). There was also a teeny tiny mushroom cloud after the flash. My character also said kaablewy or kaaboom (cant remember which one).

Now back in the lobby I noticed there is a KNIFE in my emblem after this one game.

So to sum up...

Start of game...4hash and a skull...round two knife zombie. get green flash and a mini nuke cloud. End of game...4hash, a skull, and a knife.

First off is a few questions.

2.) Highest round? How many people? 20 something 4 people

3.) Have you done the Easter egg? Neigh

4.) Have you played all the maps? (Excluding Nuketown) Yeash

5.) Have you played all the game types on each map? Yeash

6.) Has your rank ever gone down? Neigh, although I didn't log on or play yesterday.

7.) Explain when you got your rank, what it was before, and what you did in the game before you got this rank? I pretty much jumped straight to this rank from day one. Think just from trying a few different maps out.

*8.) Have you seen the orange glow that sometimes appears around the box and in town? No.

*Note: I have imaged print screen from Elite, but I unable to upload to any where due to being at work.