Lag Comp / Cheaters (new video w/ proof of lag comp)

GRILL

sEm5XhoeuN8

This is more to vent than anything...

I'm just... I don't even know what to say. I wish I could punch David vondehaar in his fat rich face. I wish I could get my money back. Been looking forward to this since Gamescom, really thought the multiplayer would be different. Why are people with low Internet connections given an advantage? Isn't that cheating? Vahn said lag comp would be different than MW3, yeah it's different - it's worse.

Speaking of cheating, it is at an all time high. Because the same platform is used to make each CoD game, the same mods can be used. Just google "black ops 2 aimbot" and you will receive a myriad of YouTube videos freely giving away instructions. Hundreds of comments, all misspelled and "lol" ridden. All children, trolls who feel the need to compensate for their small dick by cheating at a video game.

So, we have false promises, terrible lag compensation that awards low connectivity, and cheaters calling the shots. Hell, treyarch should just stop listening to the legit fan base and cater towards modders, trolls, quick scopers, and drop shotters - oh wait that's already happened and is happening right now. RIGHT NOW AND WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR IT TO HAPPEN. Seriously I love innovation, the pick 10 is amazing, score streaks a huge plus, but that shit doesn't matter if the multiplayer is broken, and cheaters are allowed to run ramped.

Now I know this is a zombie centric site, but does anyone feel me? Did anyone think that the multiplayer was going to be balanced, fair, and overall a fun time? I know there's league play, but it's not the same. After the Nuketown bait and switch, and NT zombies being available to all - I'm just so disappointed with treyarch for misleading me. Until they actively start banning, they are as bad as IW to me now.

I just wanna have fun!!! :cry:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MP isn't the best ATM, I too do believe that I've been slightly mislead into buying the hardened edition when everyone else is getting NT zombies (which is all I really brought it for) by buying the season pass which I could've brought with the money that I saved from buying the original (£20 difference, even though it wouldn't have brought it it still would've been put towards it), but that is how they've advertised the editions (I thought NK Zombies was EXCLUSIVE to those with the editions which is why I brought it).

On your MP point I don't think the guns are balanced at the moment which does effect gameplay, I feel the lower levels haven't got any good weapons to play with but hopefully this will be updated & change in time

There is nothing you can do about cheaters & hackers, they will do what they do, even if older hacks didn't work there would still be a way around it, there is always a way to get in, so yeah, start banning Treyarch!

I did think MP was going to be a bit more enjoyable & fairer but hopefully it'll be sorted out in a few weeks :D

Sure the game isn't perfect yet, but we'll have to wait until months into BO2's life cycle for most of these big problems to be fixed. That's how it is with all the COD's, hell MW3 still isn't playable and it never was.

I like the game, however. Sure there's the occasional, WTF lag moment where you swear on your life you killed the guy, but alas. It'll get better.

Yup, this game is a huge disappointment for me.

First off, it keeps crashing my PS3. It made me replace my Blu ray drive it crashed that often. Sick of seeing the 'your storage system is corrupted' screen, restoring the system, just to play again and experience another crash. No response on twitter or from their customer support. They keep stating that my case has been 'resolved' when it clearly hasn't :evil:

I pay for good internet, 30MB download speed. Lag comp whoops my backside so bad It's downright disgusting. I'm not fussed about my K/D, but the amount of WTF deaths is unbelievable. When I do get to play I can literally see it drop each match. Why can I go from 27-7 or similar, to 3-14 or even on occasion 0-7? I'm not the best at this game but I'm not that bad!

Also, the announcer seems a bit behind. ''Lightning strike inbound''! Yup, I know. It came out of nowhere and blew me to pieces about 3 seconds before you bothered to mention it... :(

Worst thing is, my IP has told me it will be doubling my broadband speed soon. Oh joy!

Almost everyone is using the same guns (again). Smg's, Smg's everywhere! Same with UAV's, when I look up I usually spot about 3, then another two at a different part of the sky. So I take 2 down with my trusty launcher, getting killed in the process. Respawn, take aim, lock on, dead again. Respawn, take aim, lock on, fire just a split second before it takes off and leaves the map, die again. Respawn in front of enemy, die. Respawn, enemy runs round the corner, I fire first, lag comps screws me over, I die. Respaw, get hit by an enemy killstreak. Etc

EVERY GAME (near enough, I really wish I was exaggerating).

The spawn system sucks.

Zombies was a bit of a disappointment. It's still fun, but a bit, off. I don't like the fact that if one person leaves, that round is classed as your high round. The leaderboards are strange as it is and what is the deal with the zombie rank? Seems glitchy to me. The map is fresh, which is a good thing, but it seems to take too long to get about and difficult to get anything done. Although that could just be me. And getting the Avogadro(?) to spawn is almost as bad as the excavators on moon. Grief can be fun, but it seems to just go on forever when I play. Survival maps seem too small. I still enjoy it, but not as much as I thought I would.

Strike force missions were a pain, the AI is useless. Ended up rambo-ing all of them. I was also hoping that your actions in the campaign would have a bigger difference.

I pre-ordered and bought the hardened edition under the impression that it was the only way to get the exclusive zombies map. Now it's available with the season pass!?

Not to mention the season pass is £41.99 for PS3, and only £32.99 for xbox! WTF! That is just disgracefull Activision. Needless to say, I definitely will not be buying it.

Of course, I only suffer these if and when my game actually works...

:evil:

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't have any of these issues, I must be one of the blessed few. The game hasn't crashed on me once, and my connection is fine (but this is probably because I'm a two bar warrior from Black Ops 1! Haha). I do feel however some guns are pretty OP, pretty much all of the assault rifles are so much weaker. I do know that the spawns are absolute GARBAGE especially in dom. I love capping a flag and have someone spawn 6 feet in front of me and spray me down. NOT. HOWEVER I do love getting a revenge spawn on Nuketown and hitting a triple with the R870 in under a second :3

Hell, treyarch should just stop listening to the legit fan base and cater towards modders, trolls, quick scopers, and drop shotters - oh wait that's already happened and is happening right now.

I hear you, there are so many people like this that they'll sell better if they allow tactics like this.

Black Ops 1 was the only game I've ever played that I enjoyed competitive multiplayer- Hell, it's probably my favourite FPS. I really thought that this game would be the same since being by Treyarch. I guess they are motivated by the same thing as IW- money, and creating a larger target audience. It's cool that they've changed some things around and added some things in, but they've added in too many cheap exploits like the SMG penetration and 1-hit snipers, it just isn't a fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

omg... do i ever feel sorry for all you.

my heart hurts for you lol it hurt watching mr freeze the most...

i too feel treyarch fumbled the ball here. it looked good, it sounded good but was infact the complete oppisite..

it seems about 65-70% of players online are cheating.

Lets be clear, i am writing this up for people who are not enjoying the mulitiplayer experience.

Different ways to cheat or be a complete sh!t head:

Spawn Trolling

- Get a fullteam and join a lobby, get players to join the oppisite team. these guy's only job is to hold and change the teams spawn point.

have you ever been shot 10 sec after spawning? on the oppisite side of where your team was?

Well this would be why..

This means someone from the other team was holding YOUR teams spawn point forcing everyone who dies on your team to be sent to the oppisite side. and whats usually on the other side is 3-4 guys who are in on it killing you as you spawn..

or vice versa

they spawn on your side because theres someone hiding in your spawn, spawning their teammates behind your team. as well as holding there side. ultimately trapping your team in the middle of the map.

* I encounter these guys multiple times a day... t.d.m is the worst for this.. scorestreaks seem impossible to get*

How to counter Spawn Trolling

Well its not easy as this really mess's up the map bad... now im not going to tell a person to go and camp but in the case of this you will have too.

Hold the side your team's on and watch your spawn carefully, two things will happen..

a.) You will notice the sneaky prick coming and waste him b4 he has a chance to hide in your spawn

b.) You hold your team to one side of the map all the time

This literally solves that problem but instead you are now camping and enjoying the game alot less but ur k/d will rise over time. so yeaaaa

Go ahead! Grab it, I dare you.... :twisted:

-on kill confirmed people designated to strictly camp out dog tags,but never pick up dog tags, while the rest of them rush players and pick up all the tags for their team.

* I realize this may not be cheating, but is however cheap... just dont play this mode, unless you have a good team to work with.*

Who me? im playing, look at me spinning in circles!

- So im sure everyone know's this guy, hes like the Troy McClure of COD !!

Youll find this guy spinning in circle's as fast as he can, cooking grenades beside vehicles taking himself (and sometimes innocent teammates) to the grave. following you around the map the entire game shooting his gun revealing your position's on the radar wherever you go.. the list goes on...

Lag switchers

- Just leave the game, it never ends well...

These are just some examples of what i deal with all the time...

If your having a hard time, implement some suggestions!

I love OPS2 but just like all the other COD titles there will always be cheaters and people who abuse any weak loophole they can find.

If you can learn to fight these guys i promise your mulitiplayer experience will get better.

Weapon class suggestions

- SUPPRESSOR

Your only chance of fighting off the red dot whores.

-UAV

Might seem menial, but everyone wants the higher upstreaks. be the guy that allows constant air surveillance

-Shotgun

Worth a slot in your classes, i use overkill with shotguns, and will put a sniper or fal for long range.

-Concussion/EMP/Flashbangs

all work excellent and impair the enemy to a great deal, raising your percentage of getting a 1up on em'.

-Ghost

put it on at least 2 classes, just incase of UAV's and VSAT's.

Thats is all as this could go on for alot longer... hope this helps someone

• 1 month later...

Well it is different between player vs player to person watching player. This is measured in fps(frames per sec). Theater slows down showing like its lagging. Sometimes its the game it's self based on connection aka lag or the player. Here's a way to fix the lag for the player.

MexKsFdJgnA

Hey it's not prefect like everyone says.

omg... do i ever feel sorry for all you.

my heart hurts for you lol it hurt watching mr freeze the most...

i too feel treyarch fumbled the ball here. it looked good, it sounded good but was infact the complete oppisite..

it seems about 65-70% of players online are cheating.

Lets be clear, i am writing this up for people who are not enjoying the mulitiplayer experience.

Different ways to cheat or be a complete sh!t head:

Spawn Trolling

- Get a fullteam and join a lobby, get players to join the oppisite team. these guy's only job is to hold and change the teams spawn point.

have you ever been shot 10 sec after spawning? on the oppisite side of where your team was?

Well this would be why..

This means someone from the other team was holding YOUR teams spawn point forcing everyone who dies on your team to be sent to the oppisite side. and whats usually on the other side is 3-4 guys who are in on it killing you as you spawn..

or vice versa

they spawn on your side because theres someone hiding in your spawn, spawning their teammates behind your team. as well as holding there side. ultimately trapping your team in the middle of the map.

* I encounter these guys multiple times a day... t.d.m is the worst for this.. scorestreaks seem impossible to get*

How to counter Spawn Trolling

Well its not easy as this really mess's up the map bad... now im not going to tell a person to go and camp but in the case of this you will have too.

Hold the side your team's on and watch your spawn carefully, two things will happen..

a.) You will notice the sneaky prick coming and waste him b4 he has a chance to hide in your spawn

b.) You hold your team to one side of the map all the time

This literally solves that problem but instead you are now camping and enjoying the game alot less but ur k/d will rise over time. so yeaaaa

Go ahead! Grab it, I dare you.... :twisted:

-on kill confirmed people designated to strictly camp out dog tags,but never pick up dog tags, while the rest of them rush players and pick up all the tags for their team.

* I realize this may not be cheating, but is however cheap... just dont play this mode, unless you have a good team to work with.*

Who me? im playing, look at me spinning in circles!

- So im sure everyone know's this guy, hes like the Troy McClure of COD !!

Youll find this guy spinning in circle's as fast as he can, cooking grenades beside vehicles taking himself (and sometimes innocent teammates) to the grave. following you around the map the entire game shooting his gun revealing your position's on the radar wherever you go.. the list goes on...

Lag switchers

- Just leave the game, it never ends well...

These are just some examples of what i deal with all the time...

If your having a hard time, implement some suggestions!

I love OPS2 but just like all the other COD titles there will always be cheaters and people who abuse any weak loophole they can find.

If you can learn to fight these guys i promise your mulitiplayer experience will get better.

Weapon class suggestions

- SUPPRESSOR

Your only chance of fighting off the red dot whores.

-UAV

Might seem menial, but everyone wants the higher upstreaks. be the guy that allows constant air surveillance

-Shotgun

Worth a slot in your classes, i use overkill with shotguns, and will put a sniper or fal for long range.

-Concussion/EMP/Flashbangs

all work excellent and impair the enemy to a great deal, raising your percentage of getting a 1up on em'.

-Ghost

put it on at least 2 classes, just incase of UAV's and VSAT's.

Thats is all as this could go on for alot longer... hope this helps someone

Question, does ghost counter a vsat or maybe you mean just a uav.

umqlCwnNJXE this is the worst one ive seen yet

What makes me even more ticked off is that Treyarch reset his stats but did not ban him.

He was then caught again doing the same thing, no ban. SERIOUSLY?

I thought MP was going to be the time of my life for Blops 2 with all the new future settings. No, I have had my worst experiences ever in Black ops 2... Right now I only am buying the DLC's because of zombies and I really do they start listening to their customers rather than Quote Mr.David "That is not my job." or "I don't deal with that stuff."

I'm just tired of getting killed over and over in MP due to obvious lag.

My connection is fine and everything I just don't understand when I go around the corner I die from bullets hitting me in the side.

Question, does ghost counter a vsat or maybe you mean just a uav.

Nothing counters the vsat 8-)

Pretty much yeah. Unless you had a wave of counter uavs :twisted: mwahahah.

umqlCwnNJXE this is the worst one ive seen yet

What makes me even more ticked off is that Treyarch reset his stats but did not ban him.

He was then caught again doing the same thing, no ban. SERIOUSLY?

I thought MP was going to be the time of my life for Blops 2 with all the new future settings. No, I have had my worst experiences ever in Black ops 2... Right now I only am buying the DLC's because of zombies and I really do they start listening to their customers rather than Quote Mr.David "That is not my job." or "I don't deal with that stuff."

I'm just tired of getting killed over and over in MP due to obvious lag.

My connection is fine and everything I just don't understand when I go around the corner I die from bullets hitting me in the side.

You did see my fix lag video right? Also to make thing easy on them, they should put player vote kick. This is most effective but may create problems in the future. Plus they don't do nothing since they don't wanna be idolize as the bad business. This story of someone getting banned form the game completely is prefect story line on the news. It's like flies on sh!t for this news and it builds on to the point of destroying of friendly company. Trust me, everyone ready to start blaming treyarch for something. It's just like Wal-Mart or Target companies and their consumers. Welcome to the business world, where life is pain in the @ss.

the lag is gettting uber bad and out of hand! i was one of the guy's that stayed up for the "revolution" release, and it was the worst multiplayer experience that ive had... ever!

2-22, 5,10, 1-17....

i was a 1.63 k/d and in the time span of 2 hours i dropped to a 1.51 k/d

i can hardly bring it up a .01 on a good night.. but i can drop .11 in a night?

i am by no means a shitty player, i have been playing F.P.S's since DOOM and have played online/lan F.P.S's like Counterstrike,Unreal Tournament etc. religiously since i was a kid.

same goes for the COD series...

the mulitiplayer is getting to a point were i barely want to play...

Vondeharr needs to fix some issues as he basically lied to the community saying that lag would not be a problem in BO2..

it almost seems easier and WORSE..

the lag is minimal but still effective, as in it doesnt seem laggy but it is.. you can see the enemy lag around the corner and bam your dead..

but in actuality he turn's the corner long before you saw he did and hes got two bullets in 1st all the time..

if thats not an unfair advantage i.d.k what is....

i already told myself, if the lag doesnt get better by DLC 4.. im going over to the darkside and for a solid month im going to lagswitch till i get console banned....

you know what they say.. if you cant beat them, join them...

lol.. i probably wont do that but still... i never thought it would get this bad...

i have the modem/router combo... i hope this is the problem

i

This is lag switch on black ops 2 guys.

wGDFaOJ3M8s

HQZgvrTWkZk

So if your not seeing this at all then it's just lag. I already posted how to fix it to a degree. Maybe it's not your router but bo2 servers. But hey if you are experience more lag then usually then check the theater. You already got him if the evidence is true.

• 1 month later...

This is lag switch on black ops 2 guys.

wGDFaOJ3M8s

HQZgvrTWkZk

So if your not seeing this at all then it's just lag. I already posted how to fix it to a degree. Maybe it's not your router but bo2 servers. But hey if you are experience more lag then usually then check the theater. You already got him if the evidence is true.

I ran into someone like that mentioned in the first video posted. The guy had like a 12. K/D ratio with a W/L of about 17. Even if he was only prestige 2, I mean, That is next to impossible. Not even camping can come out to something that extreme. I did report him nonetheless.