Who was the Mole?

JakeDuck

I'm going to get this out of the way now, there ARE spoilers ahead if you have not finished the campaign or want to take a new route for a second playthrough. Honestly I don't know why you would be in the Single Player section if you don't want spoilers. You have been warned.

So, here's my question:

In the mission "Old Wounds", you learn there is a mole in the CIA. Then in the mission "Suffer With Me", Krevchenko's words echo in Wood's head that there is a mole in the CIA when getting ready to shoot Alex Mason. In the previous cutscene Woods expresses his anger for not killing Hudson in Vietnam.

This makes me think that Jason Hudson is the mole, telling Woods to shoot Alex Mason. However, he only did so to protect David Mason from Menendez. Hudson is then killed later in the mission by Menendez. SO this rules out Hudson as the mole.

Later in the mission "Odysseus", Javier Salazer is shown to have been working with Menendez, like a mole. However, he could not be in the mole Krevchenko was talking about because David, and probably Javier, were only kids at the time.

If what Krevchenko said was true, then the question still remains. Who was the mole?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be hudson. Who else is in the CIA that could have given information to Menendez? There is no other character mentioned that works at the CIA.

Also when wood tosses a grenade at Raul. He is "killed" by it. And Hudson confirms it. Hudson was covering his death because he was secretly working with Raul Menendez. How else could Raul come back from the dead. It had to have been Hudson.

I think Hudson is one of the better protagonists of the series. He just always seemed calm and collected in Black Ops 1, and the missions where you played as him were always fun.

It was good to see him in the 2nd one. Just sad to see he had to compromise everything. If his family was in danger, he should've had them in protection or something. He is the CIA after all.

None of this would've happened had he just blown the whistle. The butterfly effect. The future's events, Mason's death (if you go that way), etc. Of course Menendez was in control of his actions, but it was the decisions Hudson made that kept him alive back than. Yet I still feel compassion and sorrow for him. A man will do anything for his family. It just so happened Hudson's decisions had dire consequences.