Treyarch needs to rename their multiplayer section.

Tridalo

Into "hitmarkers", its slogan? "You will get massive amounts of hitmarkers, but your enemy will kill you in two bullets."

Its like they were trying to compete with IW to make the worst possible multiplayer and 3arch seems to have pulled it off.... oh well at least the zombie side is decent as is campaign.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I actually think this is the best Multiplayer yet. The Pick 10 System is surprisingly good, and I have no trouble with hitmarkers. Make sure you have the best possible connection.

Agreed.

And maybe sometimes it is just your aim.

It is a good game. :P

And maybe sometimes it is just your aim.

Hitmarkers every time, I'm unloading into them way before they even start shooting me, and they shoot me twice maybe 3 times and I die. That's not an aim issue.

Also I do have it set to best and I still get games where there are 3 bars all around no one has 4.

if you don't like the hitmarkers, then I suggest you try the hardcore game modes. My friends and I have played mostly hardcore modes since MW2, and it's much less frustrating in my opinion. It also makes the game more interesting because you don't have to be using an SMG or sniper to have success. Only downside is the no HUD, but it doesnt bother me at all. Just a suggestion ! :)

Funny. Oh my cod, the mp, the mp...

Waw was terrible, bo was the worst cod that I have played, so I assumed there was no point to playing a treyargh cod mp online ever again, but honestly, I am not seeing the offline issues that bo had, so I am hoping this is actually playable online.

The options and class set up offline and the zombies have all made me really happy so far. If the online mp is atrocious, the game is still worth it.

I had actully bought borderlands 2 and it is a huge rip-off, so I feel redeemed buying this, which i ironic after how bad bo was (shudders at memory of bo mp).

Waw was terrible, bo was the worst cod that I have played, so I assumed there was no point to playing a treyargh cod mp online ever again, but honestly, I am not seeing the offline issues that bo had, so I am hoping this is actually playable online.

The options and class set up offline and the zombies have all made me really happy so far. If the online mp is atrocious, the game is still worth it.

I had actully bought borderlands 2 and it is a huge rip-off, so I feel redeemed buying this, which i ironic after how bad bo was (shudders at memory of bo mp).

what did you not like about BO 1 mp? it is my favorite. MW 3 was really really awful. BO 2 so far is leaps and bounds better than mw3

I think it's an alright multiplayer. I don't have many lag issues a few but manageable. But I do know that if you consistently pull host you will experience lag compensation which can effectively keep you a second behind everyone.

My friend has fiber optic internet with less than 10 ms ping nearly anywhere in the us, and he found the game unplayable. Shooting but never fired on killcam, lost every gun fight, the list goes on.

He said he "nerfed" his router and restricted his nat to avoid host and he can mostly play now.

My only issues with the game are map layout (too cluttered) and low recoil.

Gone are days of cod 4 i guess :cry: , I need to lower my standards. I still put black ops 1 over this game as well, blops 2 is tied with mw3 currently. (Yay you aren't broken like mw2 good job!)

what did you not like about BO 1 mp? it is my favorite. MW 3 was really really awful. BO 2 so far is leaps and bounds better than mw3

Pretty much everything to be honest. Even offline, with no lag, bullets quite often pass through bots/players. I dumped a 45 round ak47 mag into a bot in last stand, he emptied his pistol mag into my face, reloaded, emptied the second mag while i emptied the 45 rounds in him and no bullets registered until the end of that exchange.That is quite common. In mw3 (which is meh), you might die right as you round a corner, but in bo, you can run upstairs, shoot out a window and then die outside of the building that you just ran upstairs in. No secondaries, the worst maps I have ever played on. Oh god, that game is garbage...even the zombies were glitchy, so glitchy. The bots and zombies are the only reason I still played that trash. It really was everything about bo, not any little thing. And the fact that it followed the uber-superior mw2, then bo stooped so very low...

Waw was fun, but had lousy hitdetection, mw2 kicked ass, bo was awful, mw3 was bad, but a step up from bo to my friends and I.

You asked, so I opined. Feel free love bo and be happy playing it, we all have our likes and dislikes.I honestly expected bo2 to be complete garbage also and have been pleasantly surprised so far.

Happy gaming!

• 3 weeks later...

Every multiplayer game/mode needs to have it's easy exploits to get players into it before they use the other equipment. The trouble with BO2's multiplayer is that there are too many exploits- too many guns which are too good. If you use one of them, the game is boring and you get a good KD. If you don't, you get a bad KD and the game is also boring because you're watching killcams the whole time.

I'm talking about the 1-hit snipers with aim assist and the SMGs with unlimited range, no recoil etc. In BO I used to be able to play with the useless guns for fun like the PM63 and still do relatively well, in this game if I don't pick a gun like the PDW or Type 25 I get slaughtered.

Examples, both TDM- I played a game with the S12 and got a KD of 0.5. I then played a game in the same lobby with the PDW and got a KD of 4.

I find that strategic game modes have less of this though.