NukeTown Zombie Easter Egg Discussion (not the song)

BOD3AN

I looked through the posts and didnt see anyone talking about a possible easter egg on nuketown zombies. Is there one apart from the song because I noticed a few things in my last game.

1)I blew up the generator (outside the map, front of the truck) by shooting it

2) Richtofen speaks several times but there was a good one at the start of round 25 and he said something about "the power" and "the gate". is this important? I just rendered a video so when that pops up on youtube I will post the link.

3) Jimmy posted tweets about zeros (I think this refered to cheaters with zero kills at round 64) but it could also mean something about the scoreboard or clock in nuketowm.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i thought as well. maybe its something like ascension where you have to unload wonder/PaP at the door or the generator i mentioned? and maybe even have to wait til round 25 when the voice speaks again?

(monkies, PaP Ray Gun, EMP, PaP granade launcher, PaP RPGs, galva knucles all 4 players) something like that?

thats what i thought as well. maybe its something like ascension where you have to unload wonder/PaP at the door or the generator i mentioned? and maybe even have to wait til round 25 when the voice speaks again?

(monkies, PaP Ray Gun, EMP, PaP granade launcher, PaP RPGs, galva knucles all 4 players) something like that?

I doubt they'd do something as complex as that again, but the bunker is probably a good option for an easter egg

as resourceful as the zombies community is, I feel like if there was a complex side quest type EE on nuketown, that at least some sort of a beginning or series of steps would have been found by now ya know 9 days after release date. unless treyarch has devoted all their time and efforts this time around to ensuring that we don't find the eggs lol

as resourceful as the zombies community is, I feel like if there was a complex side quest type EE on nuketown, that at least some sort of a beginning or series of steps would have been found by now ya know 9 days after release date. unless treyarch has devoted all their time and efforts this time around to ensuring that we don't find the eggs lol

Very good point! and yeah there may be/probably is nothing but thats a shame as they were bringing back nuketown "in a new and exciting way" or how ever it was phrased, kinda makes you hope there would be something.

please see below part of my post on another board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzS4SLv ... ature=plcp

at 2:23 he gives co-ordinates for "trapped" people and i googled the co-ordinates and guess where it is??? NEVADA!!! and on survival nuketown round 11 i knifed the door of the bunker and heard moans/voices but CoD wouldnt let me render it yet again! and on nuketown i also heard at round 25 "power......... key to the gate" and again CoD wouldnt let me render that part of the video.

I turned my volume all the way up before knifing the shelter and clearly heard Marlton's quote along the lines of "this device should prove my mental superiority once and for all" but the quotes are different each time, most of the time it's Marlton but occasionally you can hear Misty, Samuel, and Russ-man with their complaints about hunger and ammo

I turned my volume all the way up before knifing the shelter and clearly heard Marlton's quote along the lines of "this device should prove my mental superiority once and for all" but the quotes are different each time, most of the time it's Marlton but occasionally you can hear Misty, Samuel, and Russ-man with their complaints about hunger and ammo

Really? I played up til Round 34 Solo on Nuketown, knifing the shelter after every round, and the only voice I ever heard was Marlton. Probably knifed the shelter around 30 times that game, and always had Marlton say a response. It seems like there are about 10 different specific quotes said on Nuketown, as he often repeats the same lines.

All I ever hear is Marlton when I play, although it does seem like he's addressing someone with a few of his quotes.

• Administrators

Really? I played up til Round 34 Solo on Nuketown, knifing the shelter after every round, and the only voice I ever heard was Marlton. Probably knifed the shelter around 30 times that game, and always had Marlton say a response. It seems like there are about 10 different specific quotes said on Nuketown, as he often repeats the same lines.

All I ever hear is Marlton when I play, although it does seem like he's addressing someone with a few of his quotes.

I'm almost positive there is no one but Marlton in that fallout shelter, because the quotes ripped from Nuketown are only Marlton and Richtofen from the EE on Moon.

If you check out the green houses garage on the side facing the school bus, there's an electrical service panel like in kino. Anyway I hit it with the knuckles and when the panel door opened it looks like there is blue microchip of some kind thats inside. So I tried to hit square and pick it up, when I eventually shot it the whole panel was obliterated and it looked like the chip was gone but the same color of the surrounding panel was left.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played a game on Nuketown with 1 friend, trying to figure out the population counter and the Nuke countdown, we got the population down to 00 on round 6 or 7, (leaving tedious horrible crawlers everywhere) :lol:

We figured out that the nuke countdown sometimes changes on power drops, sometimes with a fire sale and some times insta kill etc, but we got the countdown to hit zero... and nothing happend.. maybe a useless post, but i think there is something that can be done on nuketown. all thats left for me to do is to check theatre mode and see if something may have happend that we didnt catch..

EDIT: Nothing in theater mode.. :evil:

Ok let's look at some of the things that could have something to do with this easter egg.

-Pop. Counter

-Nuke drop countdown clock

-The generator next to the yellow house

-The fallout shelter

-The honking bus

Now we dissect. The pop. counter is still sort of a mystery as is the countdown timer, it appears that the countdown timer shows how close to 00 the pop. counter is. Now the generator next to the yellow house, if you shoot it or throw explosives at it it make a strange explosion type thing. In the MP version on BO1 it also makes the explosion however on MP it releases regular old orange flame but in zombies it's purple. Odd. On to the fallout shelter, if there really is an EE it defintely includes this shelter. In case you don't already know, if you knife it you can hear a voice inside and it sounds like and more than likely is Marlton from TranZit. Getting inside the shelter is out of the question though because sometimes there's a maniquin in front of it but if there's not you can approach it but if you look at the ground while walking into the door you'll notice that there's an invisible barrier keeping you from even touching it. Also the honking bus, some say it's the bus from TranZit and that's how Marlton gets to Green Run. There's really no way of proving that but it makes sense but it could also be the school bus in the middle. Who knows? I also noticed that behind the green house if you look out in the distance you can see two buildings these buildings are not in the MP version at all. They are super far out so there's no way players can interact with them but I do think they are related to the EE and the story of Nuketown Zombies. That's really all that i've observed, i'm sure there's more out there for us to discover hopefully with it coming out for season pass holders we can have more people on the case.

I've always thought that the 'Power Sockets' inside the houses may trigger something.

When shot they stay broken, unlike the 'Light Switches' which respawn to normal after each round.

Some of the power switches are hidden & can be hard to find. The trick is if any of them are out of the map in a different house or building or inside a building which you can't enter - i.e. Garden Shed.

Also the 2 switches, 1 on the outside of each house as TubDuck ps3 said in the post above. There is what looks like a 'Blue SD Card' inside.

Plus the 3 'Power Generators', 1 at the spawn point next to the house, 1 over the fence in the backyard & the large one at the end of the street.

Electricity seems to play a big part in BO2 Zombies in an Apocalyptic world. (I hope this isn't like Kino where the switches did nothing)

Here's to hoping there is a Side Quest for Nuketown Zombies!

• 5 weeks later...

Ok just to tell you. The radios are Richtofen going through the moon easter egg. He says things like: Hello Samantha you little brat. Your time will come soon. SO SOON!

I knew I should of invented an egg moving robot. Stupis maxis. Stupid rules, and his stupid accent.

There fore when he is mention power and key to the gate. The actual quote is:

"The power, The power! I will destroy you all. But not before we continue the game."

He does not say key to the gate, he says "But not before we finish the game. This is Richtofen taking control of the zombies.

Easter eggs are meant to be hunted...we have found many on this map but none of which are large scale. There are many little objects like electric sockets and mannequins that undergo a "physical" change after a bullet contacts them, some change back some do not but either way they do something that sticks out from other objects in the map. Whether these are relevant to a large scale Easter egg is unknown. Nuketown is a small zombies map and in the past maps Treyarch has scaled each of their larger Easter eggs steps and game-play to be comparable to their partnered maps overall size and playable areas. My Theory is that this map is meant to be a prelude to TranZit and only has audio recordings that help build the baseline for the new story as well as the connection to the future maps and the Characters (maybe this is how Marlton is found?!?!?! 4 characters to 4 DLC packs) Maybe Treyarch is focusing on Large Easter Eggs only being in the Tranzit Mode and theres smaller easter eggs on survival that give you extra game play perks/powerups like that stupid yellow shed and the population counter changing it. (not to say that the symbols, shed and clock don't connect for a smaller Easter egg) Maybe it is there we just need to stop thinking it has insane steps with many things to do and look smaller. For example that we may need to control certain numbers of zombies alive or killed at certain times with certain weapons to make the next step unlock. (just thoughts guys seems practical to me and treyarch is most likley dedicating more time to tranzit easter eggs than survival bonus map easter eggs) Let me know what you think.

I've always thought that the 'Power Sockets' inside the houses may trigger something.

When shot they stay broken, unlike the 'Light Switches' which respawn to normal after each round.

Some of the power switches are hidden & can be hard to find. The trick is if any of them are out of the map in a different house or building or inside a building which you can't enter - i.e. Garden Shed.

Also the 2 switches, 1 on the outside of each house as TubDuck ps3 said in the post above. There is what looks like a 'Blue SD Card' inside.

Plus the 3 'Power Generators', 1 at the spawn point next to the house, 1 over the fence in the backyard & the large one at the end of the street.

Electricity seems to play a big part in BO2 Zombies in an Apocalyptic world. (I hope this isn't like Kino where the switches did nothing)

Here's to hoping there is a Side Quest for Nuketown Zombies!

Great finds PINNAZ! I have also toyed around with the sockets, and switches.. Treyarch has done these things before, and I believe now, again they are.

One minor detail some are forgetting about Nuketown.. In the previous BO, there was a multiplayer EE, in the Rolling Stones song playing after all mannequin heads, inside, and outside the map are shot off, in a certain amount of time.

Now obviously, we can't have 18 people sprint freely around the map shooting heads off mannequins. BUT, we can have 4 people working together to knife all the heads off.. The very first time I played Nuketown, I noticed, all the mannequins inside the map have heads, aside from those on the bus. Whilst those outside the map, were all headless. Perhaps this has something to do EE-wise.

As always, these are simply humble thoughts, needing to be helped with proving. I'm always willing to try, yet never have anyone intent on solely EE hunting. Always seem to get the people who are bored easily. Need Real Hunters.

P.s. I also have taken note of the symbols at the bottom of the Population sign... we've found the Bicycle, but what has to do with Treyarch's/trinity symbol (Trinity Ave), the atomic/Group 935 symbol, and we've all found the nuclear fallout shelter...

Where does it lead?? Again, simply thoughts needing help in exploration to find our salvation.