Question about leaderboards, if anyone knows...

So, I know that if you are playing in a public match, and someone leaves, that it doesn't count to leaderboards. Now two things I want to know, is if you have 4 people, and one leaves, does it count for 3 player leaderboards, or not at all? Second, If you have 4 people, one leaves, and someone new joins, will leaderboards count, or will they still not count? I don't have the time or resources to try this out myself, but if someone can try it out and see what happens, that would be awesome. Now, I know that if someone new joins, it doesn't count for them, but I want to know for the other people in the game.

Thanks!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I know that if you are playing in a public match, and someone leaves, that it doesn't count to leaderboards. Now two things I want to know, is if you have 4 people, and one leaves, does it count for 3 player leaderboards, or not at all? Second, If you have 4 people, one leaves, and someone new joins, will leaderboards count, or will they still not count? I don't have the time or resources to try this out myself, but if someone can try it out and see what happens, that would be awesome. Now, I know that if someone new joins, it doesn't count for them, but I want to know for the other people in the game.

Thanks!

well from everything I can tell, if the game starts and one player quits or is disconnected then the game will not count toward the leaderboard. to address the second question, once the game has started nobody new would be able to join in a public match, so that wouldnt be anything that is even possible

Thanks!

well from everything I can tell, if the game starts and one player quits or is disconnected then the game will not count toward the leaderboard. to address the second question, once the game has started nobody new would be able to join in a public match, so that wouldnt be anything that is even possible

Weird... Today my friend got disconnected just after we started a game, and the leaderboards did count...

As well as if you have a private match and don't change any settings then the match stats will as well count to the leaderboards.

Verruckt, is this new after the recent update? Or do stats count but rounds still are ignored from custom games? And as far as I know, unless they leave before the game officially starts your rounds record at the time that they leave. Also I do not believe you can join mid game for a public match.

This is after the update, and it did not count before.

I did not check the rounds, but kills, bullets, etc. count, at least for me. I guess it does not count when you customize the match.

I did not know that!

I did join mid-game! But... It's a weird story. I was beasting with three randoms who were pretty good, and Bus dumped us at Diner at round 18, so we were training and camping there. I suddenly started lagging and eventually disconnected, but instead of sending me back to the lobby, the game flashed the lobby screen for literally half a second and reconnected me to the match! I've lost my points, kills, guns, perks, literally everything, as if I started a new match, but all my progress counted to my leaderboards and after reconnecting it did as well, since I checked it (we made it to round 20 which is my highest, and it's saved on my leaderboards with like 54 kills xD).

Must be a glitch or something because I ran with 4 randoms got past my highest on normal farm survival with 4 people. 1 of them left and it didn't count for me.

Yep, same for me on town survival.

Its weird because everytime I play online solo play it doesn't count for me. When I got to round 37 on Town the first time I checked the leaderboards and it said I got to round 1 :| What am I doing wrong :?: :?:

I played a Custom Game on Nuketown with one other guy and we didn't change anything, we just left it as a regular old zombies match and then proceeded to make it to round 33. Everything but the round saved onto the leaderboards.

Yep that is my point.

I'm really hoping they add a private match option, or at least have a setting in Custom Games that would allow it to save to the leaderborads if you didn't change anything. My friends are sometimes unavailable and I can't really stand to play with randoms anymore.

I can 100% confirm that if somebody drops out of your match it will save to the leader boards. I was playing a 4 person match and the 4th person dropped out around round 18. The rest of us went on to round 34. I checked the leader boards afterwards and was elated to see it saved and I am now currently 67th in the world for 4 player Nuketown even though about half of it was 3 player.

Gamertag: XxJason LivesxX for the doubters...

Two days ago I started a game with 4 randoms, one dropped around round 15, the other two dropped around 17-18, it migrated hosts and let me continue by myself. I downed myself around round 25 to go to bed and it didn't save to any of the leader boards. The stats saved but not the round. Maybe it's related to the host? If the original host completes the match then it'll save to the leader boards? I dunno, I wish Treyarc would explain how it works. None of my previous custom games saved either and I had quite a few high round games with friends. I was able to find the videos but none of our leader boards posted.

If you have a custom game and nobody leaves/joins and you don't change any settings than it should count.

Just sayin'

For kills and such yes however rounds do not count. Trust me, a friend and I constantly do 2 player custom matches hoping one of them finally catches on the leaderboards but nope.

So if as of right now if you say custom match round leaderboards work at all, I would like to see some sort of evidence that you started in a custom match, and at the end of it your round leaderboards updated.

If you have a custom game and nobody leaves/joins and you don't change any settings than it should count.

Just sayin'

For kills and such yes however rounds do not count. Trust me, a friend and I constantly do 2 player custom matches hoping one of them finally catches on the leaderboards but nope.

So if as of right now if you say custom match round leaderboards work at all, I would like to see some sort of evidence that you started in a custom match, and at the end of it your round leaderboards updated.

No, you misunderstood.

I know it doesn't count, I'm saying it SHOULD count as in it doesn't but I wish it would because it's the same as BO1 private match.

:D