The Bus Information Thread.

Verrückt

Green Run. What do we know about it? Not much. But there are some clues about what has been going on before it, and what is still ahead.

This thread is not entirely about the Green Run. It's meant to concentrate on The Bus. One of the only noticeable legacies of the humanity and an entity on the road to the future.

But let's explain it clearly, starting at the beginning! (obviously...)

What is so important about the bus?

A lot of things. Definitely not the fact it just moves you around the Green Run, but that's also a point. Not the fact it's obliterated and looks as if it was going to turn to dust soon.

Thanks to MrRoflWaffles' quotes of the T.E.D.D. as well as darkjolteon's research we know that T.E.D.D. (bus driver robot) mentions the name of his bus company - Consolidated Bus Corporation. It is based in Brooklyn, New York. This might indicate something we don't know yet.

Thank you for riding Consolidated Coach Bus Lines.

So here we go, one state.

If you look at the license plate of the bus, you might notice that besides the XP-79 there is something else:

Colorado, 1960. The bus is registered to Colorado, so it must come from this state.

Now we have two states.

Another things about the bus. We can hear it in Nuketown, Nevada. You could say it's just a coincidence, it's just a little EE, it doesn't matter. It does. Treyarc loves to do this to us. And, besides that, there is something, or rather somebody else who links Nuketown, The Bus and Green Run. Marlton, the nerd. He's trapped in the fallout shelter in Nuketown. How he escapes? Probably the rocket destroys the fallout shelter, somehow leaving our nerd alive, who later finds a way out and sees the area, as well as zombies, completely destroyed. All he can hear is the sound of a bus horn in the distance, so he follows it and finally reaches the bus. We have no knowledge about other characters, but they don't seem to be familiar with Green Run, so it is possible they all come from different states/parts of USA.

There's our third state!

Finally, the bus reaches Green Run - Hanford Site, Washington. The GPS navigation system is broken, T.E.D.D. says it when reaching the Diner for the first time. There, the four survivors already seem to know each other. The bus keeps going in circles as his navigation stops working. Instead of reaching HAARP Research Station, as stated by the automatic driver at the Bus Depot, T.E.D.D. keeps going round and round, all the time, unaware of his actual position, calling out random places saved in his memory.

Error, Error, Global Positioning System navigation error. Maintain current course. Implement automatic course update protocols.

Fourth state - Washington.

Safe to say, thus bus has been around.

What do we do now (after Green Run)?

We ride.

Where?

Possibly Alaska.

Why?

HAARP Research Station - Gakona, Alaska.

I think you can think about why they are going to HAARP. There are many possibilities.

So now, coming to the end of the thread, I have a question for you to answer, giving your opinion. What powers T.E.D.D.? What or who tells him where to go? Do you think he visited Hanford Site for a reason? The Tower of Babble might be a clue...

Please also take time to visit this thread for some more information: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 00&t=25336

Feel free to contribute, debate, help and criticize!

And, finally, here's a little cue from me:

What does it remind you of?

Happy slaying! :D ~ Verrückt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The bus is very intriguing, there is so much mystery around it.

What powers T.E.D.D.? What or who tells him where to go?

The blue eyes are making me think Richtofen for sure. Not to mention, some of the quotes the driver says really strike me as something that is not programmed into his mainframe.

As for where we will be going after this, it's hard to say. I was convinced at first that the Reactor site in TranZit was a HAARP station due to his quotes, but now I realize that not to be true. He has quotes about Groom Lake, Bohemian Grove, HAARP Research Station, and someone said Grand Canyon. With that, there's a lot of options for us to go to and you may need to add a few states. ;) Paris is an odd one for me, only because it does not fall in Washington so I am not sure how we plan to incorporate it into TranZit, unless the point is that we don't and we have our original characters.

One thing that confuses me greatly about the bus is the name. I will quote here what I put elsewhere.

The issue that comes to mind is that the Consolidated Coach Corporation (CCC) changed its name. In 1931, The Greyhound Lines of Georgia was renamed to Southeastern Greyhound Lines (SGL) and sold to CCC. That same year, Greyhound gave CCC clearance to use SGL as a brand name. Then in 1936, CCC officially renamed the company to Southeastern Greyhound Lines. In 1950, The Greyhound Corporation bought SGL (formerly CCC), however the name did stay the same. My question is: Why is the Bus Driver still referring to it as Consolidated Coach Corporation if the name's supposedly been changed for almost three decades?
  • Administrators

Paris bit is not a clue towards the bus. It's a clue towards the HAARP thing. We have talked about that earlier, haven't we?

Well yes, the Eiffel Tower being used as a broadcasting tower is a popular idea. The only thing I was pointing out is if you planned on incorporating it with TranZit, how you planned on doing it.

As for where we will be going after this, it's hard to say. I was convinced at first that the Reactor site in TranZit was a HAARP station due to his quotes, but now I realize that not to be true. He has quotes about Groom Lake, Bohemian Grove, HAARP Research Station, and someone said Grand Canyon. With that, there's a lot of options for us to go to and you may need to add a few states. ;) Paris is an odd one for me, only because it does not fall in Washington so I am not sure how we plan to incorporate it into TranZit, unless the point is that we don't and we have our original characters.

What you stated there made me think...

And I believe that if the navigation system is broken, then the bus driver calls out random places thinking this is actually his current loaction; this however does not really mean that the HAARP Research Station is not their true aim. The GPS system does not really need to be linked to the destination, which could have been coded or saved onto the T.E.D.D.'s system.

Or, it could be Richtofen that wants T.E.D.D. to get the four characters to HAARP Station. If he's in control, then he could somehow program the driver to go there despite the problems with navigation.

Wouldn't it be safe to say anything with glowing blue eyes is being controlled by richtofen? The fact his eyes flash red sometimes may suggest a power struggle between richtofen and maxis.

The thing I don't understand is that the bus doesn't seem futuristic yet the driver is a robot? Automated driver wouldn't be a reality until some time in the future. Suggesting some sort of time lapse or alternate reality where it was built and implemented before the world was in chaos or the bombs dropped.

There's some sort of time warp going on here IMHO

Wouldn't it be safe to say anything with glowing blue eyes is being controlled by richtofen? The fact his eyes flash red sometimes may suggest a power struggle between richtofen and maxis.

The thing I don't understand is that the bus doesn't seem futuristic yet the driver is a robot? Automated driver wouldn't be a reality until some time in the future. Suggesting some sort of time lapse or alternate reality where it was built and implemented before the world was in chaos or the bombs dropped.

There's some sort of time warp going on here IMHO

The issue that comes to mind is that the Consolidated Coach Corporation (CCC) changed its name. In 1931, The Greyhound Lines of Georgia was renamed to Southeastern Greyhound Lines (SGL) and sold to CCC. That same year, Greyhound gave CCC clearance to use SGL as a brand name. Then in 1936, CCC officially renamed the company to Southeastern Greyhound Lines. In 1950, The Greyhound Corporation bought SGL (formerly CCC), however the name did stay the same. My question is: Why is the Bus Driver still referring to it as Consolidated Coach Corporation if the name's supposedly been changed for almost three decades?

This and this link together. I already thought of an answer, but I need to develop it a little if I want to share it with you.

• Administrators

Sooooo... basically we've been thinking that our dear Green Run is in Hanford, when it's actually somewhere in colorado?

No, it's in Hanford for sure, given the maps that are in the thread of Hanford and TranZit. I can't give an explanation as to why the bus plates are licensed in Colorado, but I am almost positive it's not because we are there.

I know this maybe a long shot but what if the bus came from the cheyenne mountain nuclear bunker. It was built during the 60's as an alternate launch point. If it was a place to launch nuclear missiles then I'm sure people in there knew of where other secret bases were such as HAARP. Could somebody have programmed a robotic bus driver to deliver personnel or equipment to HAARP without anybody finding out where it was or how to get there because they didn't have the directions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyenne_Mountain_nuclear_bunker

Ok here's what I'm thinking. Marilton was a scientist that was doing tests with the Nevada site and since he is a cowardly man (look at his quotes) he locked himself in the bunker to prevent zombies from getting him. On round 5-ish the bus pulls up he somehow escapes and enter the bus and its on its way.

Interesting bit of info the nuke tested at Nevada had blown up exactly 45 minuets before the huge one Dr. Maxis sent. Proof is that his watch is 45 (If I remember correctly) minuets off from the bus depots. Once the first one blew up turned his watch and all nearby equipment off, the second bigger one blew out all the power in a much larger radius. Luckily he was on the bus already leaving.

Here's my theory on who is controlling the bus. Dr. Maxis is in control. If we look at the audio files the people from Jack Ass Flats state that Maxis seems to be able to control any electrical device, this possibly could includes the bus. Why would I say this? Simple Maxis does state in another audio file that he has back up plans already in action should his bombs fail. He might have already had a bus ready to pick up members for his personal army because of his control of electricity.

Even if he is not in control it defiantly is not Richtofens doing. This is because the bus seems to be operating in Nuketown before round 25 where Richtofen takes control of the zombies (Their eyes turn blue and Richtofen announces power ups at this round and rounds following). Even if Maxis is not in control of the bus it is certainly not Richtofen, meaning a third party would have to be involved if it were not Richtofen or Maxis.

Finally beyond speculation of past events I personally think that the Navicards are what is needed to fix the bus driver and send the crew to their new site. Think about it, you can find the Navicard near the bus stop a place that would reasonably have one, you seem to be unable to use it in this current map, and on the front of the bus driver it looks like there is a slot for it as well.

Anyways those are just some speculations feel free to nitpick and take what you like throw away what you don't. All just for the sake of speculation.

• Administrators

Interesting fact: The bus driver did once say (due to his busted GPS): "Next stop is the Eiffel Tower!" I forget where we were about to stop though.

Less relevant, but kinda funny, when we were stopping at Town: "Next stop is the island of Hawaii! We're all going to die - *static*"

The bus driver hasn't ever made a quote about the Eiffel Tower.