What time is tranzit REALLY set in?

OctopusChokeslam

Long time reader and I must say that I really enjoy what you guys (and gals I assume)do here. Very interesting.

My two thoughts on this subject:

1. I agree with one of the posters in the thread who says that this is all taking place in an alternate reality. Why? Well, its a world in which nuclear weapons were launched from the moon (obviously not reality). Its like our world but different. This means that many of the things listed as being "wrong" could be perfectly "right" in the alternate reality in which Tranzit takes place.

2. If the events of Tranzit take place in Hanford, Washington, it is perfectly acceptable for the town to be stuck in whatever time it is stuck in compared to what time Tranzit takes place. It was a town and area taken over by the government in order to test top secret nuclear research. It is a ghost town like all the ones in the old west in that one day people just left and everything remained the same. But unlike these old west towns, Hanford was used for testing and other crazy things which is why the ghost town has some hidden secrets (like the power plant etc.)

That kinda makes sense. In one of the so-called Maxis radios, Maxis says he was looking for survivors for decades since the bombs fell. What if the bombs fell in the '60's, but Tranzit takes place in the future? What if the HAARP people kept on trying to survive (the other people in the so-called radios) and are responsible for making the guns and robot driver and everything futuristic? What if the reason the bus driver was made was to bring survivors to the HAARP station? Although saying that now makes me feel a bit silly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think that is likely. He would just use his own voice in that case.

Btw, where did Shooter post that? I'd prefer to argue with him directly.

Of course you would MMX, that seems to be all you enjoy doing.

I'm having trouble figuring you out MMX, one day you're cool and cracking jokes and the next day you hate me. Whatever resentment you may unreasonably have towards me, should be handled personally through PMs, rather than attacking my threads. You have never had problems with the way I build and support my theories, so what has changed? You have commented on a multitude of my threads, knocking them for no reason. You have not shown one hint of respect towards me by attacking me and my threads personally, and for that I have no desire to ever work with you in the future. Why have you not figured out by now that this is the reason no one wants to work with you. You're just so damn disrespectful sometimes, and will always be the last to admit it.

Historically speaking, guns have not had a basis in the storyline of zombies. As I stated before, besides the WW and special grenades, they are there for GAMEPLAY purposes. What do you think Treyarch would release brand new zombies with only guns from the previous games? That's obviously not gonna happen. They are gonna put the new campaign and MP guns in the box, just like they did in Black Ops. You want a reason why they are there, there you go. As I said from the start, and as many have believed for a very long time, the guns have no merit on the actual storyline. Whatever evidence you have supported by gun production date is very thin. It'd be like examining why the zombies keep coming and they never end. We could examine all the reasons why and come up with a theory about how they come back to life even after being killed. But in all reality, it's just part of the gameplay, just as the guns are.

As for the robot driver, it's just a matter of opinion between us as to the age of it. You see this as an advanced machine, and I just don't. Of course there are some advanced moves, but along with some very basic mechanical motions. We have no clear date of production with this guy, and until we do it's hard to base the entire timeframe on this single robot.

Now I never said TranZit doesn't take place in the 2000 or later. Review my threads and you will see that. All I've stated is that Moon and the Maxis blast occured in the 60's. The evidence is just to strong and abundant to ignore that fact. Just how long after the attack are the events of TranZit taking place is still yet to be determined. In fact, a recent Maxis quote is emerging supporting the fact that he did not contact the crew for decades after the blast. See my recent thread for more info if you like.

I still don't know why you've flipped out so much over the whole 1960's thing, simply because me and Tac agree on it. Many others agree with it, yet you are angered by us? We are regular members making theories just like the rest of the members, so why do you hold us to such high standards? It's as if you think what we say is word, and has to be true. We're here making theories, not fact. And perhaps that's what gets you, is that not everything is fully supported.

But you must realize what point it is in the life of Black Ops 2 Zombies. Everything is still very unclear. We've been provided so many different dates and locations that saying for sure everything is true is impossible. The best we can do is build our theories with as strong as evidence as possible, and support them as much as possible until something else provides evidence to the contrary. I don't think I should have to state that my threads are theories, it should just go without saying that this early in the Zombies season they are only theories. While we can build some facts, there is still alot of unknown. And if you hate that MMX, just leave for the next year until we have all of our evidence together and can start seperating fact from fiction. CoDz was built by Carbon for the sole purpose of building theories for the storyline in order to figure it out, and that's what I and other intend to do this upcoming year.

Do you just work on these things by yourself or do you ever discuss things with anyone? I can tell you from my old days of storyline-ing that solo analysis gets you nowhere.

Really, you need to go that far? I try to be as humble as possible, so I don't usually boast about what I've been right about. But I feel I've done just fine with my solo analysis of information over the last year, often leading to me being correct with my theories.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 67&t=24211

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=21996&hilit=+moon+quotes

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21841&hilit=+maxis+quote

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21841&hilit=+maxis+quote

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=24417

For you to attack my ability to analyze information and write threads is just a low blow.

Stop being a dick.

Oh hey. Shooter, you're alive. Since you and Tac decided to do "solo" analysis, I've been forced to nearly the same. Good points you raised. Perhaps an actual discussion can take place instead of many mini ones spread across many threads? I'll edit this post with a more detailed response to your points soon.

And I don't hate you. I hate your recent behavior.

EDIT:

Of course you would MMX, that seems to be all you enjoy doing.

I'm having trouble figuring you out MMX, one day you're cool and cracking jokes and the next day you hate me. Whatever resentment you may unreasonably have towards me, should be handled personally through PMs, rather than attacking my threads. You have never had problems with the way I build and support my theories, so what has changed? You have commented on a multitude of my threads, knocking them for no reason. You have not shown one hint of respect towards me by attacking me and my threads personally, and for that I have no desire to ever work with you in the future. Why have you not figured out by now that this is the reason no one wants to work with you. You're just so damn disrespectful sometimes, and will always be the last to admit it.

If you want to discuss something of this nature, you should PM me. Or perhaps respond to already sent PMs...

Historically speaking, guns have not had a basis in the storyline of zombies. As I stated before, besides the WW and special grenades, they are there for GAMEPLAY purposes. What do you think Treyarch would release brand new zombies with only guns from the previous games? That's obviously not gonna happen. They are gonna put the new campaign and MP guns in the box, just like they did in Black Ops. You want a reason why they are there, there you go. As I said from the start, and as many have believed for a very long time, the guns have no merit on the actual storyline. Whatever evidence you have supported by gun production date is very thin. It'd be like examining why the zombies keep coming and they never end. We could examine all the reasons why and come up with a theory about how they come back to life even after being killed. But in all reality, it's just part of the gameplay, just as the guns are.

The guns are not merely there for gameplay purposes. You have to take them with a grain of salt, like the quotes. AK74u? Couple years off, but in the general area. Call of the Dead? Modern time, but Cold War weapons in the area are acceptable. MP40? Appears in maps that would logically have it. You're thinking too harshly. Too specifically. Treyarch, however, would not include a whole swath of new weapons that make absolutely no sense. It doesn't have to be perfect. But there has to be some type of logic. The guns are one of the most integral part of the game. Gameplay or not, future guns in the past baffles logic, an oversight Treyarch would not take without some type of explanation.

As for the robot driver, it's just a matter of opinion between us as to the age of it. You see this as an advanced machine, and I just don't. Of course there are some advanced moves, but along with some very basic mechanical motions. We have no clear date of production with this guy, and until we do it's hard to base the entire timeframe on this single robot.

He responds to your attacks. By definition he is a so-called "life form". But that's symantecs. And his movements aren't that basic. He can rotate much more than any other animatronic of that time period I have seen. He actually has personality in him, not just a droid following orders. Not that this amounts to anything really. Buses driven by computers, in whatever form, would not be released to the public at that time.

Now I never said TranZit doesn't take place in the 2000 or later. Review my threads and you will see that. All I've stated is that Moon and the Maxis blast occured in the 60's. The evidence is just to strong and abundant to ignore that fact. Just how long after the attack are the events of TranZit taking place is still yet to be determined. In fact, a recent Maxis quote is emerging supporting the fact that he did not contact the crew for decades after the blast. See my recent thread for more info if you like.

I humored that idea in my last post^, but it seems silly really. You're using the architecture of the place to say it's in the '60's. Is it not possible that the architecture was just not updated? Not everywhere are the old buildings replaced with modern ones. Yes. I mentioned that too in my post above, the radio. See my post for that.

I still don't know why you've flipped out so much over the whole 1960's thing, simply because me and Tac agree on it. Many others agree with it, yet you are angered by us? We are regular members making theories just like the rest of the members, so why do you hold us to such high standards? It's as if you think what we say is word, and has to be true. We're here making theories, not fact. And perhaps that's what gets you, is that not everything is fully supported.

Why make theories on something that you can just ask? And I'm not referring to Zombies.

But you must realize what point it is in the life of Black Ops 2 Zombies. Everything is still very unclear. We've been provided so many different dates and locations that saying for sure everything is true is impossible. The best we can do is build our theories with as strong as evidence as possible, and support them as much as possible until something else provides evidence to the contrary. I don't think I should have to state that my threads are theories, it should just go without saying that this early in the Zombies season they are only theories. While we can build some facts, there is still alot of unknown. And if you hate that MMX, just leave for the next year until we have all of our evidence together and can start seperating fact from fiction. CoDz was built by Carbon for the sole purpose of building theories for the storyline in order to figure it out, and that's what I and other intend to do this upcoming year.

I realize that. I don't see why you have to point it out. Theories are good. But your mannerism has not been so good.

Really, you need to go that far? I try to be as humble as possible, so I don't usually boast about what I've been right about. But I feel I've done just fine with my solo analysis of information over the last year, often leading to me being correct with my theories.

I really don't care what you have been right about. I just know that before I communicated with you and Tac, I was often wrong. And I know that now since you have ceased, minus this one post, misinformation will be abundant. It's not like your "solo" analysis is even truly solo.

For you to attack my ability to analyze information and write threads is just a low blow.

You take things too personally. I said solo analysis does not typically work out. I said that from experience. ANYONE trying to do a solo analysis will be more prone to failure.

Well i think that cotd still happens when it does but moon hadnt happened yet to the 4 original crew implying that happened but not accesible by time travel. Moon then happens in the 60s and is followed by green run and the 3(marlton arrives through nuketown) new crew get teleported from their normal lives in a parallel dimension where the nukes neverhit earth. Marlton however ended up in nuketown in the shelter, as you start to hear him on round 25ish from there. And also around round 15-19 you hear the bus beep its horn like the green run bus so my theory is that marlton makes our witty robotic friend who drives the bus and he takes him to green run which is where he meets survivors and like in any apocalypse survivors stay together and then we get to where we are now. So the guns and everything modern is not relevant to the story as they are there because of the time of multiplayer and campaign. Someone out there might get this and know how to explain this easier but thats all i got. One of my few holes in my theory is how or mainly why were these people time warped? If im right we will find out in the dlc. Also sorry for any spelling mistakes im on my phone

• Administrators

He responds to your attacks. By definition he is a so-called "life form". But that's symantecs. And his movements aren't that basic. He can rotate much more than any other animatronic of that time period I have seen. He actually has personality in him, not just a droid following orders. Not that this amounts to anything really. Buses driven by computers, in whatever form, would not be released to the public at that time.

I agree that the bus driver has personality, but my idea is that with the glowing blue eyes, those lines are coming from Richtofen himself. I mean I don't think a bus line company is going to program quotes into their bus driver that outright insult the riders.

TranZit takes place in the 60's. Why? after you grab the first power up Richtofen coughs annd says he's still getting used to the Aeather. TranZit also takes place in California.Why? The bus driver. I have heard him make numerous quotes about yellow stone park... Also if you look at the earth at the menu, TranZit is on the west coast. ( you can still make out the U.S) next to Nuketown zombies.

TranZit takes place in the 60's. Why? after you grab the first power up Richtofen coughs annd says he's still getting used to the Aeather. TranZit also takes place in California.Why? The bus driver. I have heard him make numerous quotes about yellow stone park... Also if you look at the earth at the menu, TranZit is on the west coast. ( you can still make out the U.S) next to Nuketown zombies.

Check the thread I'm building about the bus driver locations he mentions. It's all over America.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=25277

Green Run is set in Hanford, Washington state as seen in the map in the Bus Terminal at the spawn point. And also read all the posts in this thread.

@ Monopoly Mac,

That's what makes it so confusing.

The first power drop you get, Richtofen says "I'm getting used to the Æther"

But now we have Maxis saying he has been "looking for people for Decades"

As far as I'm aware, no one has heard that quote in game yet, it's just in the sound files?

I'm just curious on what other people think, is Maxis an AI now or is he another guest of the Aether?

I think Maxis Shot himself near the Pyramid in order to enter the vials/Æther. Electronics signals, radio waves, frequencies, resonance, there all the same thing.

Yo zombie killers. I think it is 60 years ago the bombs fall to the earth. It hit the 60's USA and the zombie apocalypse began for real all over the world.

Today in the game we are in 2025 post zombie apocalypse and yes we have fighting for over 60 years

and we are now on trip around the atomic USA in a Greyhound bus from a old bus company in New York

and the old beat up robotic GPS driver is all at wear about the zombie apocalypse.

And the 4 characters use moden russian weapons and Russman is talking about he's childhood before the bombs

he mention forest and corn fields is growing again

And strulinger also talk about the time before the bombs and how he surviving the zombie apocalypse on the street by killing zombies with guns and eat them to survive.

The 2 characters misti and Malton are younger

Misti is born in the city centre and her family was killed by zombies, she remember some of the bank ect.

Malton is born under the government protection and become a moden scientist!

Yep that is my theory.

• Administrators

Seeing as Maxis says he's been looking for people for decades, Green Run takes place at least 1980 or more.

Maxis was sent to Griffin Station shortly after October 1, 1945, and was stuck into the computer, later saying in TranZit he's been looking for decades. If TranZit and Nuketown were to take place in 1965 of later, that's 20 years, which would fall under the category of decades being plural.

I'm just curious on what other people think, is Maxis an AI now or is he another guest of the Aether?

AI, for sure. We know that people can find thing inside the Aether, and they are aware of the arrival of new people. Hence Samantha trying to find Gersh and physically coming after him, according to Gersh. So therefore, I think that Richtofen would have tried to find Maxis inside Aether already if he was there.

I personally can't say for sure exactly where Maxis is working from. Considering we know so little about Aether and how it works, and have never had any mention of a cyberspace, it's hard to say he exists in either one. I've always considered him to be in Aether though, as that's where Samantha hints him being at in her Moon quotes "Daddy, make him stop!" "Take me to my father!" (boxmove). Also consider her quote when a red(negative) powerup appeared on Moon: "Daddy, is that you?". These things could suggest he's somewhere in the Aether. Also, after completing Maxis' side of the EE on Green Run, orange orbs (as opposed to Richtofen's purple) can be seen being sent up the tower, as well as when the powerup arrives underneath the tower. These same oranges orbs can be seen when hitting the mystery box. Thesse could be signs that Richtofen and Maxis are in a very similar location.

What it really comes down to is what we know about Aether. The only examply we really have is Gersch's experience while in there. We know that Samantha was aware of Gersch's whereabouts in Aether, but what I don't quite understand is why it took her so long to capture him. If she was the one in charge of everything in Aether with unlimited power, it would of been quite easy to capture and destroy him. It makes you question just what it's like in Aether. Is it a large open world? Or what is it? Would Maxis be capable of avoiding Richtofen's capture, or can Richtofen even capture him?

There's one quote I do find interesting during the Easter Egg.

"Excellent, your skills are superb. Now get this thing to the obelisk. We must hurry, for Maxis is a busy little beaver, and the damn he built will kill you all! TRUST ME!

Richtofen knows where Maxis is at and what he's doing, yet he's incapable of stopping him. Whether this is a reference to the fact he's in Aether, cyberspace, or somewhere else I'm not sure. I just find it interesting Ed knows what he's doing but can't stop him.

Cool to see we're on the same train of thought here, MMX. I think Maxis is chilling in cyberspace now. He can't physically affect things yet until he enters an avatar of a sort. We have a robot bus driver. Maybe we'll have a robot Maxis in the future.

Yay. :) Everyone's saying how the bus driver might be controlled by Richtofen because of the eyes. Why can't it be controlled by Maxis because of the machinery? Just a thought.

Yo zombie killers. I think it is 60 years ago the bombs fall to the earth. It hit the 60's USA and the zombie apocalypse began for real all over the world.

Today in the game we are in 2025 post zombie apocalypse and yes we have fighting for over 60 years

and we are now on trip around the atomic USA in a Greyhound bus from a old bus company in New York

and the old beat up robotic GPS driver is all at wear about the zombie apocalypse.

And the 4 characters use moden russian weapons and Russman is talking about he's childhood before the bombs

he mention forest and corn fields is growing again

And strulinger also talk about the time before the bombs and how he surviving the zombie apocalypse on the street by killing zombies with guns and eat them to survive.

The 2 characters misti and Malton are younger

Misti is born in the city centre and her family was killed by zombies, she remember some of the bank ect.

Malton is born under the government protection and become a moden scientist!

Yep that is my theory.

I thought about that, but I don't know... It just seems... off. That would place the bus driver's creation after the nukes, which gives him no reason to look as tattered as he does.

Seeing as Maxis says he's been looking for people for decades, Green Run takes place at least 1980 or more.

Maxis was sent to Griffin Station shortly after October 1, 1945, and was stuck into the computer, later saying in TranZit he's been looking for decades. If TranZit and Nuketown were to take place in 1965 of later, that's 20 years, which would fall under the category of decades being plural.

AI, for sure. We know that people can find thing inside the Aether, and they are aware of the arrival of new people. Hence Samantha trying to find Gersh and physically coming after him, according to Gersh. So therefore, I think that Richtofen would have tried to find Maxis inside Aether already if he was there.

Nice to see others agreeing. That's my train of thought as well.

I personally can't say for sure exactly where Maxis is working from. Considering we know so little about Aether and how it works, and have never had any mention of a cyberspace, it's hard to say he exists in either one. I've always considered him to be in Aether though, as that's where Samantha hints him being at in her Moon quotes "Daddy, make him stop!" "Take me to my father!" (boxmove). Also consider her quote when a red(negative) powerup appeared on Moon: "Daddy, is that you?". These things could suggest he's somewhere in the Aether. Also, after completing Maxis' side of the EE on Green Run, orange orbs (as opposed to Richtofen's purple) can be seen being sent up the tower, as well as when the powerup arrives underneath the tower. These same oranges orbs can be seen when hitting the mystery box. Thesse could be signs that Richtofen and Maxis are in a very similar location.

What it really comes down to is what we know about Aether. The only examply we really have is Gersch's experience while in there. We know that Samantha was aware of Gersch's whereabouts in Aether, but what I don't quite understand is why it took her so long to capture him. If she was the one in charge of everything in Aether with unlimited power, it would of been quite easy to capture and destroy him. It makes you question just what it's like in Aether. Is it a large open world? Or what is it? Would Maxis be capable of avoiding Richtofen's capture, or can Richtofen even capture him?

There's one quote I do find interesting during the Easter Egg.

"Excellent, your skills are superb. Now get this thing to the obelisk. We must hurry, for Maxis is a busy little beaver, and the damn he built will kill you all! TRUST ME!

Richtofen knows where Maxis is at and what he's doing, yet he's incapable of stopping him. Whether this is a reference to the fact he's in Aether, cyberspace, or somewhere else I'm not sure. I just find it interesting Ed knows what he's doing but can't stop him.

I get that THAT evidence points to AEther, but I think the technology outweighs it. As for the Easter Egg stuff, I'm still handicapped on that, having not done it myself yet.... : /

As for the capturing stuff. I don't think it is a matter of time. In Aether, you become quite powerful. It may not physically be possible to "capture" someone, rather than just torture them a ton. I think if Richtofen and Maxis were in the same realm, they just try to hurt each other directly like Samantha hurt Gersch without making the Earth their battleground.

I don't think Richtofen knows EXACTLY what Maxis is doing, but I think you're right in that he has the gist of it.

Btw, in the quote, it is dam, without an n. It's a reference to beaver.