Farm/Town Round 40: Solo Guide and Video With Commentary

Farm/Town Round 40: Solo Guide

Hey guys, perfect here! I've invested a lot of time into Survival so far, and I've got to say, I am really digging it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I much prefer it over Tranzit. I love the closed quarters feeling; the balls-to-the-wall, nonstop action; the scramble for ammo later on. However, though, I'm not going to drown you guys in my praise for Survival. This thread is meant to help those of you having some issues with Survival. I'll be covering Farm and Town in this thread; Nuketown Zombies in a later one; and maybe Bus Depot if I gather up the courage to give it a shot. Okay guys, I'm out! Enjoy the thread!

Farm

Round by Round

Round One

Just knife here. Zombies' health in Black Ops 2 is almost identical to that of Black Ops 1, so the tactics applied to early rounds will also apply to this game.

Round Two

Empty an M1911 clip into a zombie and knife. From my experience, however, zombies on fire are slightly weaker than those not on fire, so if you notice a zombie that's on fire, only shoot 4-6 bullets into it instead of all 8, then knife. At the end of this round, open up the door to the house and grab Jug and/or an MP5. My personal preference is Jug, as I find that hoarding up the extra 1000 points isn't too bad. But hey, if you feel more safe with an MP5, then that's fine too!

Rounds Three-Six

Kill with your MP5. Once you get up 6000 points, head over and buy yourself some Galvaknuckles. These bad boys do work—one hit kill through round 13! Most certainly a good investment of points.

Rounds Six-Fourteen

Once you've got your Galvaknuckles, knife with these bad boys. I prefer waiting until the end of round 13 to hit the box and get the rest of my perks, but hey, it's up to you! Once you've got your perks (there's only four on this map), spam the box. You're looking for Ray Gun, Monkeys, and an LMG (I like the HAMR the best).

Rounds Fourteen-Endgame

Okay, so since this map is so simple, the strategy you run at round 14 will be the same strategy you run at 50. I know, it's weird, but that's how they made this maps work. So there are a couple of ways to run this map. My video's strategy is not the best (this was my first ever attempt on Farm), so I'll direct you guys to two other ways to run this map.

Exhibit A)

Pishizor found this very useful trick in which zombies will only spawn from 3 places if you start in the barn. This is extremely fast; I like to start every round here, but the problem with this is that you cannot properly take advantage of extremely tight groups, which will make the most out of your Ray Gun and its splash damage. I will get into this later.

Exhibit B)

This is basically a variant of the way I ran it (running around like a madman). A simple ring around the tractor is doable and rather easy. It doesn't require much skill and the spawns are not too terribly slow. Walkers, also, are easier to deal with here than it the barn. Splash damage is also much, much, much better with your Ray Gun than with the barn strategy. So take your pick! It's up to you.

Miscellaneous Tips

Tip One: Recycling Midround

I had to recycle my Ray Gun midround once this game (I know ZeusCannons had to recycle six or seven times, I think). Now, normally, I am strongly against recycling midround. On maps with traps, I will always use traps before I recycle. On Call of the Dead, I'd finish with the 74u. On Moon, I'd hit the bouncy pads until I got a Nuke or Insta Kill. Shangri La is the one map I'd recycle on. But, alas, I digress. On these maps, there's no Max Ammo trick; no Hacker; and there sure as HELL aren't any traps. So, when you run out of ammo, there's only one thing you can do: recycle midround. I know, it sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. The location of the box itself doesn't help much, either: you basically have to run down to the tractor, hit the box, take the gun, drop down, and repeat. It sucks and it's slow and it's tedious, but that's the nature of this map.

Tip Two: Using Splash Damage To Its Full Potential

I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I'll say it again: these maps are a LOT like No Man's Land. How so? Out of everything I can tell you, this is the most important tip I can give you: splash damage is the one defining factor in achieving 35+ on these maps. Before that, yeah, it's not a big deal, but once you need to really start being economic with your Ray Gun, that's when splash damage starts to play a huge role in this game. Because, you see, it's logic really. In No Man's Land, your shots don't need to be perfect for the early stages. But after that, they have to be perfect if you're looking for that 330+ game. Why? Well, perfect placement on your shots will lead to more ammo saved, which will lead to that saved ammo being used on zombies later on. With perfect shot placement, a Ray Gun can take out a horde on round 40 with about 12 shots. For the average Joe, however, it normally takes a clip. This can all be attributed, of course, to splash damage. Zombies must be as tightly bunched as possible later on, or you will find yourself running out of ammo way too much than already needed. The addition of walkers midround makes this slightly more difficult, but you can work around those.

Tip Three: NO EMP'S

Yeah, yeah, I know I had them in my video, but a) I did not even see Monkey's in the box cycle, so I was assuming they weren't on Farm and B) it was my first experience with the EMP grenade, so I had no clue of the damage it is capable of.

What am I talking about? Well, for those that do not know, EMP's will disable any perks for a period of time and make powerups disappear in its radius. You can see how bad this can turn out for someone throwing out his EMP's when he sees that Max Ammo. Or when the EMP accidentally hits Jug.

Yeah....

Don't pick up these things on Survival. They're worthless. They're good on Tranzit, for the Avogadro, but other than that, they don't do much. You're better off with nothing than EMP's, in my opinion.

Tip Three: Handling Insta-Kills

Rejoice! You've picked up an Insta Kill. Okay. Now what? Well, I suggest finding a good corner—the barn will work just fine—and whipping out your LMG. Then, spray and pray! Remember, though, to not get over-confident. That'll result in a down. Nades will be the death of you in this game, especially with that fire. Oh lawd, dat fire. Don't worry, though; we'll talk about the fire later (what it does to the zombies, what it does to you, etc.)

Okay guys, I think that's it for Farm! I've got some more tips for y'all, but I'll say that for the Town bit. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Town

Round By Round

Round One

Knife. Be careful of one hit + an explosion. It'll red screen you you. If you touch the fire, you're dead!

Round Two

Shoot 8 times and knife. Grab an M14.

Round Three

Once you've gotten up enough for Jug, go to the right of the Pack a Punch and up the stairs. There's a door and that's where Jug is. You'll need 3250 for both the perk and the drink, so make sure you have enough!

Rounds Four-Six

Horde up points by Stamin Up. Shoot (x)Round - 1 with M14 then knife (let's say you're on round 5. Shoot the zombie 4 times in the chest with the M14 then knife it. It should die every time). Open up the door to the bar and grab the GalvaKnuckles once you've got 6750 points.

Rounds Six-Thirteen

Grab your perks and try to get your Ray Gun, while still stabbing with your Knuckles. That being said, an LMG will suffice for these early rounds. Shoot, a SLDGHAMR will suffice until the mid 30's!

And as for perks, I'm still a little torn between Stamin Up, Double Tap, and Speed Cola. Double Tap is awesome, but so is Speed Cola and Stamin Up. At the end of the day, I think it's up to you.

Rounds Fourteen-Endgame

By this point, you want Sally's, Monkeys, and at some point, a Ray Gun. Now is when you'll want to start this auto train method that I've devised. It's super safe and it will not fail you, no matter the round. So, as shown in the video, basically what you want to do is start at the Quick Revive room. Once the zombies have all started to spawn in, take a leap of faith to the street below. All the zombies will come at you in a nice line and you can train in the street by Jug. Kill them, being sure to watch out for fire (I'll talk about fire later), then head up the stairs to Jug and hop down to the street. Kite by Stamin Up using basic cutbacks. Kill. Rinse and repeat. It's that safe. Super easy, super safe. The only tough part about this map is killing without Flopper. But that we'll talk about later... er, now, I guess.

Miscellaneous Tips

Tip One: Understand The Fire

The addition of fire into this game is something that kind of fascinates me. I'm still trying to figure it out completely, but here's what I've found so far. A) Zombies are weaker when lit on fire. This can be helpful in higher rounds, but it's not a game changer. B) Fire + Red Screen = Death. The fire itself is not too damaging, but if you're red and you hit the fire, you're done, bro. Also, Sally's and fire really, really, really do not mix. Trust me. C) Zombies on fire will explode. Herp derp. Like no one knows this already.

Tip Two: Hitting The Box Midround

Like Farm, you'll be running out of ammo a LOT past 40. But, unlike Farm, this map has a Pack a Punch, which is pretty much the best thing of all time. Now, with that being said, you'll still run out of ammo, but it won't be as often. So you'll need to still hit the box. But, the problem is, these box locations are unspeakably bad. It's like Call of the Dead. We all know how much those box spots suck (if you don't, well, trust me, they suck). Soooo we're gonna have to take our losses here and live to fight another day (round). So what do we do when we're out of Ray Gun ammo? Well, you swap it out for a wall gun, then you hit the box once. Whatever you get, use up all the ammo, PaP it, use up all that ammo, and swap it out at the box again. Before you ask, yes, this will take an unspeakably long time, but it will also be a LOT safer. You will not be losing any Quick Revives to something, relatively speaking, as trivial as recycling a Ray Gun. And, hey, a HAMR/SLDHAMR can do work on 50. So there ya go! Pick your battles. It's not worth the Revive.

Tip Three: Understanding Your Limits

However much I love this game, it's not Black Ops. It's just not. They took away a lot of things from it and added even more. Maybe that's good, but there's something they took away that really upset me: PhD Flopper. I think everyone can agree with me when I say they were more than disappointed at the lack of PhD Flopper on this maps. We felt betrayed. Lied to. Deceived.

Okay, so maybe it's not all that bad, but still. You get my point. Now, I get why they removed it—it all but eliminated skill needed in the early rounds—but still, I mean, come on. Flopper has become a cornerstone of Zombies. It was the face of Black Ops DLC. It was something I really looked forward to when the new maps would come out. It was a fun perk to mess around with, and now? Now it's gone, maybe forever. I'm sorry I'm getting a little emotional here. :'(

But no, seriously, it sucks they took it out. So you need to learn how to play without it again! And how do you do that? Well, you need to understand how splash damage works. Basically, all you need to know is two Sally/Ray Gun shots and a hit from a zombie will make you red. Fire, once red, will kill you. And that's about all you need to know. Respect your Sally's and respect your Ray Gun. If you do that, well, you're in pretty good shape.

Okay guys, I think that's about it! Thanks for reading! I'll have a co op Town/Farm Guide and a solo Nuketown Zombies Guide up as soon as I can! I'm out! PEACE.

--perfect

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...