Which path did you take?

Ok, I guess I should formally say SPOILER ALERT, but it's been a week people. Come on.

Anyway, I am just curious to see what path you took and what it's result was. We know there were several choices that affect the outcome of the game.

These include burning Harper, killing menendez, killing Harper, killing mason, killing the admiral, saving chloey, and the opposites of all of these. Which ones did you do and what became if them?

First time around, I killed Harper, spared menendez, spared the admiral, saved karma, and killed mason (DX. This results in a final cutscene where menendez kills the old woods, then sets himself in fire and dies on the grave of his sister. How he broke out of prison? The world may never know.

Second time around I decided to do the exact opposite of what I did at first. I saved mason, killed the admiral, saved Harper, got chloey's throat cut, and killed menendez. This results in a reunion cutscene between mason and woods.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

So the only 2 choises that actually matter are:

Killing/sparing Menendez and Killing/sparing Mason?

Oh well...I will still play the campaign again for the different ending. I mean...it is SO GOOD! ^^

But I got "the bad ending" where Woods got killed and Menendez burned himself.

Question:

When can you burn Harper 0_o

Off topic:

I wish I could put spoilers inside of spoilers

:P

Go and make me a sandwich

Okay...I am done. ^.^

WELP

Harper's face was a-ok!

Didn't get Karma, DeFalco escaped.

Didn't kill Mason, shot him in the legs a bit. I KNEW there was something wrong with the situation!

Chose to "kill" Menendez as Farid, although I had a good guess of what would happen. I just didn't want to see Harper die. ;_;

Skipped all the SF missions because Veteran difficulty (I didn't want any BS that was unneeded). Didn't know saving Karma was one of them. :roll:

Chose to shoot Briggs in the leg. Harper also killed Salazar for being a maximum douchebag (ohu Harper)

Chose to capture Menendez instead of killing him. Didn't want him to be seen as a martyr to his people.

Overall, the game ended with Mason coming back and being all "LOL I WAS ALIVE THE WHOLE TIME", Woods being murdered (which he was surprisingly okay about) and Menendez burning himself with his dead sister...yikes...

Great story. Rather short, though. I still like the original Black Ops' story just a tad more.

So the only 2 choises that actually matter are:

Oh well...I will still play the campaign again for the different ending. I mean...it is SO GOOD! ^^

But I got "the bad ending" where Woods got killed and Menendez burned himself.

Question:

When can you burn Harper 0_o

Off topic:

I wish I could put spoilers inside of spoilers

:P

Go and make me a sandwich

Okay...I am done. ^.^

Killing/sparing Menendez and Killing/sparing Mason?

Here you go, have a freebie! ON ME!!!!

In the mission where you drive the truck through the flooded streets, Harper says "watch the pipe!" because a gas line is shooting our fire. I have no idea how to dodge it so both times I burned harper's face...

I managed to save Karma and killed DeFalco, I am going to replay the mission where you kill Maison, I didnt aim for the legs thinking that it would'nt let me. I too knew there was something fishy about that mission mainly because of Noriega's actions and attitude throughout the mission, but partially of Hudsons actions too, as in the first BO storyline its is unlike him to be so short and unexplained during transmissions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally managed to finish the full story, it felt very short... Good there are some more choices.

So, let's see...

Kravchenko died. (he dies anyway lol)

Mason died.

Farid died.

Karma died.

Menendez died.

Harper did not get his face burned!!!

Oh, and Briggs survived.

Ultimate success, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Basically everyone died :cry:

Just finished it now & have thoroughly enjoyed it all.

I saved Harper from being shot, I liked him and knew that if I aimed at Menendez something like that would happen, but burned Harpers face.

I shot Mason... I did think it can't be over this quickly and it was only until I pulled the trigger I realized what was happening, my heart sunk :cry:

Karma I had no idea what to do with her, I think her throat got slit (painful watch) before I got the option to shoot the admiral I ended up shooting the admiral in the leg (contemplating the head though).

DelFalco escaped, I got to a part where he dramatically turned around and I was there spraying bullets, go downed & then when I went back to the checkpoint he'd gone before I could capture him.

Menendez was captured & it went down hill from their...

Overall I REALLY enjoyed this campaigns story and the stike force missions even though they were annoying as NO AI on my team could do squat, the experience was still there.

I also like how decisions you made actually meant something (so when Harpers face got burned you'd see that throughout the rest of the game, not just in one scene).

This is probably the best campaign I've played (story wise), the second would be Black Ops'. Other games should make their campaigns more about decision making! I'm definitely playing this again, there is SO much more than can change within the story & I want to see them all.

I'm off to my (game) bunker for another few hours... BYE :D

So I managed to extract the info from Kravchenko and found CIA files in Menendez' compound. So when it came time to pull the trigger on Mason I knew something was up and just went for a leg shot.

Karma was saved early and Defalco got a face full of bullet

Harper didn't get burned but I ended up sacrificing him to save Farid (he said no matter what don't blow your cover, I actually figured there would be some sort of divine intervention at that moment but sadly I was wrong)

When the attack on the USS Obama came I ended up watching Sal shoot the guards then aim at karma only to have Farid jump in the way and save her (at his expense) then I shot Briggs in the leg.

Thanks to the strikeforce missions (if not plagued by AI problems they would have been amazing) I managed to swing the SDC onto my side and as a result we saved alot of the military power.

Then came time to stampede on Menendez. I captured him because I knew he wasn't one to fuck around and when he said martyr me for Cordi Die I was like, fuck you I'm no one to give a criminal his final wish.

As a result of my choices, the masons were reunited with Woods. Karma saved the world from the Cerellium worm and got to go in Jimmy Kimmel which aired in Menendez prison cell and he basically rage face smashed his TV.

So as a recap:

Mason Alive.

Woods Alive.

Hudson KIA.

Harper KIA.

Farid KIA.

Briggs Alive.

Sal Alive. (bastard)

Defalco KIA.

Karma Alive.

Menendez Alive.

All in all I think I got the "best" possible ending.

Also side note what ever happened to the fourth guy you had in the opening 2025 mission. I don't even remember his name right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I spared Harper at expense of the undercover terrorist. I saved Mason. I didn't know Karma could be saved... She just seemed to randomly be shot. I spared the admiral. I captured Menendez, thinking it was the right thing to do... couldn't have been more wrong...

Same as me but, I didn't know you could save Mason! the d*mn objective said "kill mason"

EDIT It just said "kill" actually, still I didn't know I had a choice.