Denizens of the Forest theory.

OctopusChokeslam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure we're not going to know the answer to this until DLC, but it is definitely an interesting theory. Who knows, hell, maybe these guys ( http://gyazo.com/398d6fbda7a1932a38158e832173f1b2.png ) mutated, shot up from behind the temple (where the monkeys go with your power-ups) and are now nomming on your face in the fog :) Give it time, we'll find out fairly soon I think :)

Edit: Oh, looks like some one beat me to it ^ :)

I noticed when denizens attack Samuel, he said something this: "I am not surprised. I know all about these creatures. I read how THEY (???) spread THEM (mean denizens) everywhere"

O.O this makes my idea of Samuel take another turn , this means he is involved directly to creating / the origins of the denizens / the Vrill-Ya

• Administrators

I noticed when denizens attack Samuel, he said something this: "I am not surprised. I know all about these creatures. I read how THEY (???) spread THEM (mean denizens) everywhere"

O.O this makes my idea of Samuel take another turn , this means he is involved directly to creating / the origins of the denizens / the Vrill-Ya

In all honesty, it shouldn't. He says that about everything including the box, the zombies, etc., he's just a conspiracy freak, he has no inner workings to the whole thing. He even makes quotes about becoming a zombie so he can truly find out who is behind it all.

I think we can rule out the possibility of them having once been humans. Demons, vril-ya, or hat ever else they might be, no human can fly or make teleporters (except richtofen, but he is special!)

I mean, denizens are roughly the size of toasters. So couldn't they be 115-inated toasters? I mean it all fits... Except for, you know, the lack of toast, the organic matter, vocal abilities, the ability to fly and make teleporters, and so forth. But apart from that they are pretty similar to toasters!

Come on people. They aren't toasters.

(this is an analogy. Nobody in their right mind would think they are toasters. Just look at all of the aspects before jumping to a ridiculous conclusion.)

Well, as of now the only things capable of teleporting stuff are... Well, teleporters. These run off of 115. It therefore makes sense that creatures capable of creating teleporters have been introduced to the element.

If you shoot deaf soldiers with the raygun on little resistance they rot and decay instantly due to the side effects of 115. It makes sense then that these are simply some mutated form of animal exposed to element 115. It wouldn't make sense for it to give a bunny for example the ability to fly so they must be a mutated form of a specific animal that could already fly prior to exposure. Hmmm... What fly and have tails and are dark and have razor sharp teeth, and are prone to flapping about on your head? BATS!

Where do bats live? CAVES! Since these are the only likely candidates for the identity of the denizens from this viewpoint, it makes no sense that other animals weren't exposed to 115 and mutated in their own way.

As we know this isnt tge case, The only way this would be possible is if caves (or a specific cave) were exposed to 115. Since we know Hanford housed a haarp research station, it makes sense that they would use caves and deep-earth tunnels to conduct earthquake tests and such.

So maybe after failed experiments involving the bats (or a random accidental leak of 115 exposing bars to it) the bats became denziens and busted out, like the crawlers on kino.

That's my (painfully wordy) theory as of now.