Just who is Samuel J. Stuhlinger?

HollowBlades

I noticed this question hasn't been asked and I found myself wondering this...

Samuel J. Stuhlinger seems to be much more than he appears... Outwordly he appears as your average conspiracy freak; blaming his misfortunes and unknowns on people like the government or aliens. But WHO is he? Why is it that he is the only person that can hear Richtofen? Treyarch obviously did this for a reason, but what? Will he be a key part of the future of zombies?

If anyone has theories as to who Samuel Stuhlinger is,, please let me know.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been giving this a fair bit of though myself. I would listen to many of Sam's Quotes.(For the Record I Think we should refer to Samantha as Samantha for now On

Many of his quotes mention him Hungry, or Hunting Dinner.

Now, I know this sounds Crazy but...I think he eats Zombie Flesh.

I know, Crazy. But it does make some sense as to why he is the only one who hears richtofen.

I have been giving this a fair bit of though myself. I would listen to many of Sam's Quotes.(For the Record I Think we should refer to Samantha as Samantha for now On

Many of his quotes mention him Hungry, or Hunting Dinner.

Now, I know this sounds Crazy but...I think he eats Zombie Flesh.

I know, Crazy. But it does make some sense as to why he is the only one who hears richtofen.

Then Carrion could be Sam, I'm going to quote a part.

vermin martyr

just as planned

asking

why must I be damned

This could be from Samuel's POV.

EDIT: Also, to quote wikipedia.

Carrion (from the Latin "caro", meaning "meat") refers to the dead and decaying flesh of an animal.

Carrion is an important food source for large carnivores and omnivores in most ecosystems. Examples of carrion-eaters (or scavengers) include vultures, hawks, eagles,[1] striped hyenas,[2] Virginia Opossum,[3] Tasmanian Devils,[4] coyotes,[5] Komodo dragons,[6] and burying beetles.[7]

Carrion begins to decay the moment of the animal's death, and it will increasingly attract insects and breed bacteria. Not long after the animal has died, its body will begin to exude a foul odor caused by the presence of bacteria and the emission of cadaverine and putrescine.

The word carrion is often used in Danish mythology to describe animals that have been sacrificed and animals that have been killed due to the gods' fury.

He looks like Walter Sobchak :D

Awww someone used my pic. :) Gives me the good feelings inside.

Anyway, I definitely think there's something more to Samuel than meets the eye.

The reason Richtofen talks to Sam, I think, is because he's a very paranoid person. He doesn't seem all quite there in the head already, know what I mean? So, hearing a random voice that only he can hear is more normal to him than if someone else heard it.

Hope what I said made sense. :P

Yeah I think Samuel is our 'new Richtofen'. He knows more about the Zombies than any other character and he might be hiding things. I like the idea of him eating zombie flesh as a way to connect to uncle Richtofen. Maybe he's done a lot of research on the Illuminati and that's why he knows Richtofen and comes up with crazy conspiracy ideas?

Yeah I think Samuel is our 'new Richtofen'. He knows more about the Zombies than any other character and he might be hiding things. I like the idea of him eating zombie flesh as a way to connect to uncle Richtofen. Maybe he's done a lot of research on the Illuminati and that's why he knows Richtofen and comes up with crazy conspiracy ideas?

Or they are related...

He is NOT the only person that can hear Richtofen. That is a myth. Richtofen randomly chooses one character each game and talks specifically to him. One time he talked to me alone when I was Russman.

I am 99% sure it is always Sam that Eddy talks to - either your game glitched out or.. I don't know really. I have never heard anyone other than Sam being talked to though. Were you playing solo or co-op?

- Waffles :)

I was playing with three other people online on Tranzit. I was looking directly at the person who was playing as Samuel. I was not him. I heard Richtofen. "Oh, it seems only you can hear me [...] and stop listening to the voices in your head!"

• Administrators

Judging by his last name, his family may have german origins perhaps, in fact I stumbled along this guy - Ernst Stuhlinher. Probably no relation but still, the guy was a genius from the sounds of it, and was extracted by the USA during operation Paperclip.

If no relation, it gives a spelling at least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Stuhlinger

Ernst Stuhlinger (December 19, 1913 Niederrimbach, Germany – May 25, 2008) was a German-born American atomic, electrical, and rocket scientist. After being brought to the United States as part of Operation Paperclip, he developed guidance systems with Wernher von Braun's team for the US Army, and later was a scientist with NASA. He was also instrumental in the development of the ion engine for long-endurance space flight, and a wide variety of scientific experiments.

Come on guys this one was easy.

He is a paperclip baby.

Regards, Alpha.

Come on guys, this one was easy.

He is a paperclip baby.

See Magna's post about 5 replies up.

Judging by his last name, his family may have german origins perhaps, in fact I stumbled along this guy - Ernst Stuhlinher. Probably no relation but still, the guy was a genius from the sounds of it, and was extracted by the USA during operation Paperclip.

Ernst Stuhlinger (December 19, 1913 Niederrimbach, Germany – May 25, 2008) was a German-born American atomic, electrical, and rocket scientist. After being brought to the United States as part of Operation Paperclip, he developed guidance systems with Wernher von Braun's team for the US Army, and later was a scientist with NASA. He was also instrumental in the development of the ion engine for long-endurance space flight, and a wide variety of scientific experiments.

He is a paperclip baby.

Regards, Alpha.

Maybe. But that's not really the answer I was looking for. I was asking more or less, what's his relation to Richtofen? Why is he the only one able to hear the voice?

• Administrators

He is a paperclip baby.

Regards, Alpha.

Maybe. But that's not really the answer I was looking for. I was asking more or less, what's his relation to Richtofen? Why is he the only one able to hear the voice?

Because Richtofen chose him. We know that Richtofen is in Aether and can speak to everyone, he does so when we get a powerup. I believe he knew Ernst personally, and when he found Samuel and realized he was a lover of conspiracy, all the pieces fell into place.