Is anyone else dissapointed in the TEDIOUS nature of TRANZIT

sic789HUMP

This new zom map is crazy big, and relentlessly taxing. I love the concept but, HATE having to constantly search for parts then to have to wait two rounds for the bus just to get them to the appropriate work station. ACK! In the next DLC I hope they can integrate the better new facets while losing the tedium. :| :?: :shock: :o :cry: :evil: :twisted: :|

...at least we have Nuketown.

PS

I'm not dumping on Tranzit altogether... just needs some, what do the French say? A certain, "I don't know what but, not all that stuff".

sic78HUMP to 3arc, "Yao ming?"

3arc to sic78HUMP, "Sho nuff." That's all I wanted to hear.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the Bus. You can't move around too freely inside, it happened to me that I just got pushed out of it or blocked by a teammate and killed by a zombie. It also blocks off the way in the TranZit Labolatories (power room) area, which really pisses me off.

But that is nothing comparing to the most stupid thing I have ever witnessed in zombies, despite all the teleporting nova gas zombies, astronauts, Georges, monkeys... The leaderboards. Or rather the fact that if a person leaves, any further achievements do not count... I don't understand how retarded one must be to come up with such a primitive, annoying and utterly pointless idea.

Like any map, it has some pros and cons. The long, tedious time until you have your stuff (Knuckles, Guns, Perks, Pap, Buildables, Parts) or after you died is indeed annoying. But you kinda just have to teleport until you reach the nearest light to your target, then it's not that bad. But I still wished, there were faster ways of moving on. Like a Transrapid (magnetic hover train) where you can choose your destination and you reach it within 5 seconds or something. Would be a bit more convenient.

Im following up on my post about TRANZIT being too much and not enough at the same time. Call me old fashioned but the running hordes of zombies were always enough for me without the electric "avacodo" zombies, i keed, but seriously, crawlers were enough. The HORDE should be enough. Teleporting gassers were enough to turn me off of moon when they combined them with the horde and Cosmo. The whole anti camp thing is too relentless for me sometimes. I imagine that in a zombie apocalypse setting that "camping" a spot till you are swarmed or drained of ammo would be the ideal setting when trapped in an area resembling a town or asylum or whatever.

The point of all this is constructive criticism. I want the perfect zombies for me. I also think that the addition of save features such as a bank and the fridge and tombstone are big steps in the right direction of a MOTHER F***ING SAVE FEATURE!!!! Even if it is just for solo. As well as a group pause feature all be it not a permanent pause maybe like a 3/4 or 2/3 vote on the pause so I can, after 4 hrs of zombie killing, wipe the blood out of my eyes and have a smoke if I want.

And on a general sidenote, yes kids, Adults play a lot, too. Parents be warned.

I think the thing I miss the most about old zombies was that crawlers were usefull... I had become the master of removing zombie's legs with bankshots of grenades, quick-ish scoping the launcher, and using teammates as kamakasi Semtex carriers...

Hopefully the new dlc map will be big, but it won't be too big like this one... If you got rid of 60% the fog and put in 20%more real map, that right there is a total win for me! Or perhaps making the fog optinal and faster.. I just want away for my crawler to live without waiting for it's slow arms to carry it to the bus...

or maybe they put in a feature where you could potentially carry a crawler? hmmm... :idea: Like in Walking Dead where Michone uses impotent zomz for cover, you could put a crawler on your back for a while, and maybe it would damage you with a hit every so often but, you could run around and have camo from zomz cuz they wouldn't attack or pursue you. This would be great for Grief. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

then to have to wait two rounds for the bus

Just because you refuse to use the other two methods of transportation other than the bus does not make the map tedious.

I'll admit, I thought the map sucked when i thought you had to use the bus to get anywhere, but now i'm often turning the power on before the bus has even left the depot with my other 3 clueless randoms, It's really not hard to teleport or just walk in the fog.

I said F that bus a long time ago :lol: I run the fog. If the bus happens to be where im at and going where i wanna go, sure ill take it but im usually running. When i play with my buddies we have the power on, bank open, PaP built, perks and knuckles by round 1. Round 2 or 3 if something happens but never any longer than that. After that its usually an all out slaughter in the tunnel

I have a tip for solo players: Do not make a crawler. Keep the last zombie as a runner so you can safely go through the fog without starting the next round.

Of all parts for the bus that they should have added, there should have been one to speed up the bus or choose your destination.

Im starting to like it alot more, I HATE the bus though, much easier without it. I'd prefer it more if the farm area was alot less foggy, I ALWAYS get lost around farm :lol: And the banks a great feature, well, when the server dosen't disconnect on round 4 and both you and your friend loose 90k collectively after hours of solo saving up. But then again, thats not TranZits fault.

Really loving the teleporters, I'd be lost without them! (Literally in Farm)

Seriously that bus is just soooo slow! I almost always end up having to wait at the power station an extra few rounds... Which I personally don't want to do because it is SO hard to train there for me... I like the town better where you can climb up the bar and hold off for a bit, fall out the window, and then just head over to the jugernog building's second floor and hold off... Then fall down from there and run back to the bar to do it again! (apply mysterious boxes and packious punches when needed...) Or atleast that's MY way of training in town... If no one has already thought of it I'd like to call it the hold and fall training area....

And the masive fire pit at the power station... And the small catwalks that zombies can jump over.... And the nearly impossible to avoid fire circle at the farm.... And the masive amount of fire and zombie spawn areas in the bus depot.... And the fact you can't be revived if you go down in the fog....And fact you can't knife the avagadro while it's in eletro- ball form..

And the most annoying of all is the menu! I can almost NEVER find matches, and when I do I normally get kicked or someone leaves so it doesn't count towards your rank.... WHICH FLIPIN DROPS IF YOU CAN'T PLAY IT ENOUGH! seriously! I hate going on vacation and coming home to a 2-slash scull when I left with a 4-slash....

I don't like the Bus. You can't move around too freely inside, it happened to me that I just got pushed out of it or blocked by a teammate and killed by a zombie. It also blocks off the way in the TranZit Labolatories (power room) area, which really pisses me off.

But that is nothing comparing to the most stupid thing I have ever witnessed in zombies, despite all the teleporting nova gas zombies, astronauts, Georges, monkeys... The leaderboards. Or rather the fact that if a person leaves, any further achievements do not count... I don't understand how retarded one must be to come up with such a primitive, annoying and utterly pointless idea.

This occurance only effects the High Round Leaderboards I know that is important though.

I truly believe 3arc will make adjustments to this problem, and many other things, but just little tweaks nothing major like removing Fog or the like. But overall I enjoy this map more everytime I play it. I use the bus for the most part, as holding it down with 1 friend is fun. Any more than that is tooo crowded. I think Tranzit Green Run is a dynamic. Im very eager to see another map for the Tranzit Game mode. Maybe another typ of transportation besides a bus? How about a large ship circa COTD? Think about it

Great map. Its massive. I look forward to the others now. I think because of the split reactions its going to be good (DLC pack 1). Love it.

yes it is massive, but in all reality it's not much bigger than moon or call of the dead as fall as useful map space is concerned. the fog is really just tedious in between areas between where you actually want to be.

I agree the concept is very ambitious and different than anything before, but the execution of it just didn't do it for me. I would prefer the map be smaller all together, but have more usable space.

I really do hope they take a small step back towards the classic zombies maps with the DLC.

When trayarch anounced they would be creating bigger zombie maps... I thought: WOH! THAT'S GREAT! but now I look at tranzit and think: yeah it's bigger but I'd rather have a 60x60 map with 90%usefulness then a 900x900 map with 90% bull$#^+ fog.... Now that I think about it, I have a grand hope trayarch doesn't make anymore fog-like areas... Eliminate those and wham! Great map...

When trayarch anounced they would be creating bigger zombie maps... I thought: WOH! THAT'S GREAT! but now I look at tranzit and think: yeah it's bigger but I'd rather have a 60x60 map with 90%usefulness then a 900x900 map with 90% bull$#^+ fog.... Now that I think about it, I have a grand hope trayarch doesn't make anymore fog-like areas... Eliminate those and wham! Great map...

Hate the fog? http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=459 ... o-fog.html

Haven't watched the video as I'm at work, but from replies it seems legit