Grief Mode- Some things you may/or may not know

Hey everyone!

I may have been a little disappointed with grief mode but that hasn't stopped it being fun & me playing it just as much as TranZit, here I have a few mechanics that you may or may not know of, the aim of this is to give people more of a insight into what grief mode is about and what you can do to grief the other team.

EMP GRENADE!

The EMP grenade isn't just used to achieve a possible achievement, the emp grenade can be used to its full effect, in a way that can REALLY IRRITATE players :twisted:

If you fire it at a perk it will turn it off, this can be positive & negative depending on who does & doesn't have the perk, when the machine is off (same in TranZit) the perk will be disabled, there is no way to turn it back on again so you'll have to wait.

It can also be used on the mystery box :o , this is a real pain, if someone is using the box & you throw the EMP grenade to it the box will close meaning someone has wasted 950 points. If this is the case I wonder what happens if you use it on the pack a punch :twisted: never gotten far enough in grief to let someone use the PaP & throw it at them.

You could try trolling them by pinning them! It maybe obvious but you can trap them into corners, this can have devastating effects depending on where you are, you can stop them using the box and buying perks if you wish. It's fun to see people rage.

Shooting & knifing them will stun them, this can be extremely effective so I could train zombies into them then shoot them, this will slow them down meaning there is a higher chance of them downing.

Are you getting annoyed with people stopping you from reviving a downed player? WELL I have the solution, whether you want it is up to you, if not then go down to the next colourful section, if you crouch or lie down you can stop them from nudging you out of the way, that's solved the reviving issue!

The meat/steak/spleen/monkey bomb can cause havoc, it is obvious but I find it slightly surprising when people keep their monkey bombs, I'd throw it at them and run :twisted:

Taking the fact you can attract zombies to other players, how about making the zombies go through the fire, this means if they do get close to the other players even if they destroy the zombies it will still deal some damage to them

FINALLY just be a pain, irritate them SO much they will rage quit, this doesn't effect the game as it will carry on as it was, this means that enemies have one less member which can make a big difference, one less person to revive you when you get downed.

THIS is your chance to troll, annoy, make them rage, make them angry, pin them into corners if you wish! It is called grief for a reason. Hopefully this has given some more insight into grief mode, the mechanics and how to annoy.

PS I felt like a colour scheme :D have you got any other ways to annoy the other team, post them below, if you want I'll put it in the original post.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Grief so far, it's exactly what I expected it to be and more. My only problem with it is that I wish it were on more than two maps. I mean, would it have been too difficult to put it on Nuketown? :roll: I don't care how awesome TranZit is, they got a bit lazy with the Survival and Grief modes. Hopefully updates and DLC will fix this.

On farm you can knife someone off the balcony after they open the box. You can then either have one guy stand in the balcony door to stop them from getting there or 2 on the stairs to keep them from the box, jug, and the mp5. If everyone on your team goes down, stop shooting. Often times people will try to kill the zombies to try and help there team, but if everyone is down, your just helping the other team. Let the zombies go so they will be at full strength to down the other team and give you a second chance. Let the other team open doors to make them waste money. Only having one or two people train and have the others camp seemed to work for me because the maps are small and get hectic if everyone trains.

EDIT: ^ Totally didn't read your post dude. Pretty funny :P

If you can co-ordinate with your team well enough you can have two guys stand in the doorway at the top of the staircase on Farm (crouched of course) while two guys pick off zombies that jump up to the balcony with the MP5 until they can afford the box, and both pairs switch off to keep getting points until they can afford nog and multiple boxes. This way the other team is stuck outside with only the Olympia and they'd have no access to nog, the MP5 (or is it AK 74u?...whatever), or the box. Sure they have more room out there but it takes skill to make it without nog.

EMP-Grenading the Pack-a-Punch with someone's weapon in it will disable it, and they will lose their normal weapon and 5000 points.

Also, the Stun that it does on zombies resets their emnity toward whoever they were chasing, and they will chase whomever is closest.

If I had a capture card, I'd show you disabling the PaP, and having a guy rage for three minutes before downing and ragequitting. I'd also show you how to spice up trains in the bar, when enemy players are near it.