Nuketown and Moon in the 60s?

Hi guys, just a little thought

Nuketown, as in Black Ops I multiplayer is obviously set in Nevada in the late 60s early 70s. We know this because, well, thats when the game was set, and it says Nevada as the Nuketown Zombies location. So: why in Nuketown Zombies is it the Black Ops I version of the map? And why is there a nuclear bomb blast that is most likely from the end of the multiplayer map? Could it be?

I've read a lot of speculation that Area 51 is set in the 60s, all that stuff about the banner and all. So, could this mean that Moon and Nuketown, that are happening at the same time, are both actually in the 60s? We have a bomb blast that is most likely from Nuketown I, and the Nuketown I version of the map? Sorry if this is badly written, I'm new here :?

Anyway, share your thoughts?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Moon was sometime AFTER 1962. All we know is that that is when the outbreak started. We don't know when the map occurred exactly. However, I think that Moon, Nuketown, and Green Run all take place post-2025, due to the robot driver and futuristic weapons. Yes, there are a lot of old (past) things about, but you can't discount all the new (future) things. Therefore, it MUST be in the future rather than the past.

What does this mean for Nuketown? Well it means the nuke that blew it up was way later than the '60's. But why? Honestly, I don't know.

But Call of the Dead took place in modern day, and yet we still used Cold War weaponry. I think we have to rely more on clues around the map to define our timeline, rather than the weapons. Remember, our weapons are being given to us by a psychopathic Nazi who probably isn't afraid to mess with the fabric of time by sending us weapons from the future via the mystery box. The blue eyes on the bus driver also indicate that it might be controlled by Richtofen.

This raises yet again the eternal question: why would Richtofen (and formerly Samantha) try to help us? He wants us dead, and yet he gives us power-drops and weapons from the box.

You're thinking too specifically. Call of the Dead took place in modern day but it had Cold War past. Plus it was on Black Ops... Treyarch wouldn't add a bunch of random weapons to use in Zombies that made no sense. Treyarch always synches up their campaign with their Zombies storyline. We have a futuristic robot. And btw, diners still exist. So I don't see what is so hard to understand.