~The Lesser of Two Evils~ the Theme Behind Zombies

Electric Jesus

Hey guys, I have been putting off making this for a while but then I saw a group of people directly mentioning the theme I had in mind in a discussion so I thought what the hell, why not. Anyway here us my zombie's theme theory and his it will most likely present itself in the future.

I have two ways if wording this theme. One is simpler, and the other is more directly related to the games.

"...The enemy of my enemy is my friend..."

-Captain price

THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS

In almost every aspect if zombies these themes are present. While not necessarily TWO evils, all of the original four were in some way evil. All of them having killed loads of people. However, despite obvious racial prejudice between the four groups involved in WWII, they fight the zombies side by side, conquering an evil greater than them.

While maxis may have been working for nazis and performing cruel experiments resulting in loads of innocent lives being wasted, he works his hardest to thwart richtofen on moon along side the O4. No matter how bad he might have been he battled the will of he who conspired and helped to weaken the greater evil.

As shown by quotes, and the analyzed lyrics of Easter egg songs, AND hints from treyarch, but most importantly the whispering voices, we know that richtofen not only is under the control of some malevolent force, but that he is remorseful about his actions and wants to break free. This shows that he may be evil for all he did, but would rectify it at once and destroy his "captors", defeating the greatest evil of all thus far. whether it be aliens, Satan, vril people, or some other evil creature, they reign as the supreme evil, even over richtofen.

as you can see, nearly every aspect of the story involves the lesser evil redeeming themself by fighting against a greater evil. While very vague, it seems apparent that richtofen will look to find a way to eliminate the voices and undo the damage he has caused. Naturally this will likely be through Easter eggs.

Has anyone ever seen "HELLRAISER 3?" in it the main antagonist occasionally flashes back to his oral human self to instruct the main character how to destroy both halves of him once and for all, this overcoming his initial evil and destroying an even greater one. I believe something to this effect will happen in future black ops zombie's, so keep a eye out or the theme and let me know what you think.

Peace people.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great analysis EJ!

The theme of "Maxis vs Richtofen" does seem to be appearing in the game, and I gotta say, I absolutely LOVE it. For the storyline guys it really couldn't get any better than that. I really hope it will come down to a final battle between the two. A battle of EPIC proportions.

Team Maxis FTW

• 11 months later...

Hey guys, I have been putting off making this for a while but then I saw a group of people directly mentioning the theme I had in mind in a discussion so I thought what the hell, why not. Anyway here us my zombie's theme theory and his it will most likely present itself in the future.

I have two ways if wording this theme. One is simpler, and the other is more directly related to the games.

"...The enemy of my enemy is my friend..."

-Captain price

THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS

In almost every aspect if zombies these themes are present. While not necessarily TWO evils, all of the original four were in some way evil. All of them having killed loads of people. However, despite obvious racial prejudice between the four groups involved in WWII, they fight the zombies side by side, conquering an evil greater than them.

While maxis may have been working for nazis and performing cruel experiments resulting in loads of innocent lives being wasted, he works his hardest to thwart richtofen on moon along side the O4. No matter how bad he might have been he battled the will of he who conspired and helped to weaken the greater evil.

As shown by quotes, and the analyzed lyrics of Easter egg songs, AND hints from treyarch, but most importantly the whispering voices, we know that richtofen not only is under the control of some malevolent force, but that he is remorseful about his actions and wants to break free. This shows that he may be evil for all he did, but would rectify it at once and destroy his "captors", defeating the greatest evil of all thus far. whether it be aliens, Satan, vril people, or some other evil creature, they reign as the supreme evil, even over richtofen.

as you can see, nearly every aspect of the story involves the lesser evil redeeming themself by fighting against a greater evil. While very vague, it seems apparent that richtofen will look to find a way to eliminate the voices and undo the damage he has caused. Naturally this will likely be through Easter eggs.

Has anyone ever seen "HELLRAISER 3?" in it the main antagonist occasionally flashes back to his oral human self to instruct the main character how to destroy both halves of him once and for all, this overcoming his initial evil and destroying an even greater one. I believe something to this effect will happen in future black ops zombie's, so keep a eye out or the theme and let me know what you think.

Peace people.

ThE same theme also applies to voting for the president these days. lol. Nice thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...