How do you level up?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that it amounts to the number of rounds that you have done?

e.g. Single bone = Wave 1-5

Double bones = Wave 5-10

Skull = 10-15

Skull with Blue eyes = 15-20

Skull with knife = 20-25

Or something along those lines. I'll see if i'm right tomorrow, by making an account and just getting to certain rounds. Or if anyone else has the time to test it now, try it out.

I got the blue skull after only playing 1 tranzit game and 18 grief matches.

I saw one guy with a skull and blue eyes and by it's side there were two shotguns and shells lying around them. It was pretty sick.

Really? He must be the one from the top of the leaderboards, because I think two days ago people from top leaderboards only had the skull with a knife...

According to the interview with TheFeed, the 3arc gentleman stated that it's based on your actual player skill. (He didn't state what, or how, per se.) I'm assuming it's based on an EXP system like multiplayer, but we never see the bar, and downs/Deaths retract from that bar, whereas kills, revives, and rounds add to it. I've been Skull Rank five, (Glowing eyes) with the knife for a while now, almost three days, putting in almost 12 hours a day playing. The next emblem according to the reveal video should be a skull with a spiked shield behind it.

Again, this is all speculation based on vague facts given in an interview. Until 3arc decides to allow us to see what's going on, or gives us a definitive account, I'm afraid it's all speculation/discovery.

Hmm... i wish it was more clear on what exactly effects your rank. Although, at least so far it sounds like it goes purely by skill and attributes, rather than pure statistics.

Well, "Purely" is almost rhetorical at this point, but a friend of mine did lose two ranks after round 20 of Survival when he kept Tombstone-ing. He was at Skull Hash mark two, and got reduced to crossed femurs.

Again, until someone cracks open the PC version, or 3arc comes outright with it, it's kind of terrible not to know how you can rank up.

jimmy z tweeted about this the other day, basically telling us the players to try and figure it out. then he tweeted again saying that many of the responses were along the right idea but not quite right... so again i still have zero idea. i had the skull with blue eyes, then without playing any more matches the next day i was back to skull with regular eyes, 5 tally's. then played and won a grief match with no downs and like 4 revives, and was downgraded to 3 tally's. so i have no clue lol

There is an interview with the guy who designed the zombies ranking system, forgot wher it was but basically it goes by ur skill, as ur skill increases ur rank increases, as ur skill decreases so to will ur rank, have good games to rank up fast, have bad games and get very angry as u get demoted

It's a "live" reflection of ur skill, getting far with big guns and all the kills won't increase ur skill in a "team" game, ppl say there the best cuz they live the longest then wonder why others are ranked above them.......... Maby being good at a team game is not letting ur teammates die, or at least try ur hardest to get them up, rapeing the box wen others need weapons can't be helping either, or tea bagging downed ally's, so many ppl think there so good they try n get there team killed so they can solo that's not a very good zombie player and I think they base there definition of skill on a team based level

Ah I found it

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... new-modes/

He says its also supposed to help to find matches with ppl ur skill, but I have a very hard time finding games and it usually matches me with 2 bones or skulls so I don't think it works well

Thanks for the link.

Hmm, well, as your skill rises and falls... The problem is, yesterday I started some solo games in Town. Because you have to wait so long for the first zombie, checked something in the internet, then died in Rd 1 like two times or so :). Then I take full risk in the first rounds to get the knuckles quick (no jug no quick revive for a long time), which causes also many downs and therefore game endings. This might now rank me down, although I would not consider it a decrease of skill.

Then the other problem is, when I play with noobs and the noobs die in Bus Station, but I'm in Farm with another player, I have no chance of reviving them and my rank gets decreased... That's very bad, I mean it's not my fault if the other guy can't play the game.

I have to agree with most of the complaints about the zombie "ranking".

I use quotation marks when I say ranking because, I have no idea what the emblems or tallies mean therefore I have no idea how to assess somebodies "Rank".

My problem is this:

I have a great night on Tranzit and at the end of it I have the skull w/knife and 4 tallies.

I turn off my console and go to bed. Two days later, having played no matches, I'm back at skull with no knife and 4 tallies.

So my question is do I get penalized for having a life outside of zombies? Do I have to play everyday in order to maintain a rank?

If so then the "ranking" system is meaningless nonsense.

I have to agree with most of the complaints about the zombie "ranking".

I use quotation marks when I say ranking because, I have no idea what the emblems or tallies mean therefore I have no idea how to assess somebodies "Rank".

My problem is this:

I have a great night on Tranzit and at the end of it I have the skull w/knife and 4 tallies.

I turn off my console and go to bed. Two days later, having played no matches, I'm back at skull with no knife and 4 tallies.

So my question is do I get penalized for having a life outside of zombies? Do I have to play everyday in order to maintain a rank?

If so then the "ranking" system is meaningless nonsense.

Happen to me to. I lost my blue eyes and have had a bunch of great games since including multiple over 15 -20 without a down last night. Still no blue eyes back!

I had the skull with blue eyes after rape training on zombies I was reviving and killing like a champ. The next day I was demoted to 4slahes and no blue eyes after I repeatedly went down on tranzit trying to teleport with out the power on lol. But I have noticed that the the nuketown zombies "emblem" (the emblem on the map when you select your location) seems to be a meter that is filling up with "blue". Has any else noticed this?

Blue eyes is based on activity in zombies. Dont play zombies for a day, it will go away. It is just as easy to get it back.

That can't be true, I've played zombies every day since release. I'm still at the regular skull with four slashes.

Hmm, but me and my friend had the same experience. We haven't played for a little while (maybe it was 24h, maybe at bit less). Then our blue eyes were gone. After one game, they were back.

Maybe it's an average playtime over a few days. E.g. you need to have 20h playtime in the last 7 days to get it or something like that.

Blue eyes is based on activity in zombies. Dont play zombies for a day, it will go away. It is just as easy to get it back.

That can't be true, I've played zombies every day since release. I'm still at the regular skull with four slashes.

Hmm, but me and my friend had the same experience. We haven't played for a little while (maybe it was 24h, maybe at bit less). Then our blue eyes were gone. After one game, they were back.

Maybe it's an average playtime over a few days. E.g. you need to have 20h playtime in the last 7 days to get it or something like that.

No, that can't be it. I lost my blue eyes overnight four days ago, played for hours every day since then, and still haven't gotten them back - despite being ranked up from "Skull" to "Skull with Knife".

Solo and private match do not count to upgrad stats FYI . Only public matches do. The slashes are days played in a row. Or something that deals with activity.

No, that can't be it. I lost my blue eyes overnight four days ago, played for hours every day since then, and still haven't gotten them back - despite being ranked up from "Skull" to "Skull with Knife".

I got mine back....only took 10-20 matches after 2 days of not playing...

Now I did a survival IT WAS TRANZIT SRY game and had for some reason permanent quick revive, WITHOUT having the actual perk. "Reviving..." was stated in blue color.

Is this related to the rank in some way? My mate has the same rank (blue eyes skull), but didnt have this benefit.

You get the permanent Quick Revive if you revive 20 times without going down.