Avogadro

Tac

• Administrators

Alright well I have heard a few people refer to the lightning character as named Avogadro. Now I have never faced this special zombie, so I have got no clue as to why he was given this name. I looked into the name Avogadro, and was pleasantly surprised to find out it's something I already knew.

Created by Amedeo Avogadro, the Avogadro Constant is a unit of measurement to express the amount of chemical substance in any particular substance, and it comes out to exactly 6.022141x10^23. I'm currently in Advanced Chemistry, and when I asked my teacher what it was, she simply responded with, "Moles." I hadn't realized it, but I was working with the Avogadro Constant for two years already, every day.

I took a peek inside my BO2 Strategy Guide I purchased later that night and came across something interesting. There was a topic inside the large TranZit description, under this heading: 6.022114x10^23

Granted, they entered the number wrong, but the concept and what's there is still obvious. BradyGames wrote this:

Turning on the power is beneficial for reaching the later waves and gives you consistent access to Perk-A-Cola machines. However, turning on the power may also have a shocking side effect.

Once the power is activated, you may notice that some of the reactor's juice has made its way up into the atmosphere. It's a pretty light show, sure. You think maybe the Mystery Box has a solution for this one? Seems to solve a lot of other problems.

Now, I realize that since I quoted the passage, everything appears italicized for you. However, only three words in the guide are, one being the word consistent. I can almost guarantee that that's because the Avogadro Constant is what the name implies, a constant. It never changes, it is consistent.

Shocking is italicized as well, and I have a feeling that this along with the "pretty light show" quote may be where people are making the connection to the lightning zombie?

The other word in italics is "other" in the last sentence, and ideas? I was thinking how thew EMP grenade is in the Mystery Box, and that kills the lightning zombie from what I hear.

I noticed some are actually calling him Avogadro, as if that's his name or he is Amedeo himself, which is confusing me a ton. Is that a nickname you guys gave the character, or is he actually him (which I doubt)? If I have missed anything, please post what else you know!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tac,

A few months ago one of the Zombie Devs tweeted "Avogardo" (which is also a crater on the moon)

Then there were the first "Leaked Acheivements." the acheivement for "You Have No Power Over Me - In Transit, defeat the Avogadro without being attacked by it (15g)"

but know it just says -

You Have No Power Over Me

In TranZit, defeat "him" without being attacked by "him".

I don't think there is anything official stating "Avogardo"

This is the part I like & I hope you do too....

Amedeo Avogadro - Born 9 August 1776 - Died 9 July 1856

Nikola Tesla - Born 10 July 1856 - Died 7 January 1943

Was the Soul of one genius reincarnated into another? "Soul Swapping"

• Administrators

Hey Tac,

A few months ago one of the Zombie Devs tweeted "Avogardo" (which is also a crater on the moon)

Then there were the first "Leaked Acheivements." the acheivement for "You Have No Power Over Me - In Transit, defeat the Avogadro without being attacked by it (15g)"

but know it just says -

You Have No Power Over Me

In TranZit, defeat "him" without being attacked by "him".

I don't think there is anything official stating "Avogardo"

So the achievement supposedly first said that the name was Avogadro, and then they changed it? Interesting. So is it believed that this man is Amedeo himself?

So the achievement supposedly first said that the name was Avogadro, and then they changed it? Interesting. So is it believed that this man is Amedeo himself?

Not really. People just call him the Avogadro because of that leaked list a few months ago, and perhaps also because youtubers, such as Waffles, call him the Avogadro as well.

Did you all not read this part? Hahaha. :idea:

The day after Avogardo dies, Tesla was born!

Hey Tac,

• Administrators

No I mean I read that part, and it is really intriguing, it's an interesting fact I will keep in the back of my mind. However, the one thing on my mind right now, even though I will likely never know, is finding out who this lightning man actually is! :)

Also, you get my PM Pinnaz?

Not really. People just call him the Avogadro because of that leaked list a few months ago, and perhaps also because youtubers, such as Waffles, call him the Avogadro as well.

I.e. his name is not that. If you want to correctly identify the creature, call him either "him" or something conjectural such as the Electric Zombie.

EDIT: On second thought. We don't really even know if he is a zombie...

• 4 weeks later...

Googling Avogadro illuminati

http://www.decentfilms.com/articles/fact-checking-brown

However, the technology to generate a gram of antimatter is completely beyond us, as is the technology to capture it. A gram of, say, anti-hydrogen would contain approximately 6.022 x 1023 atoms (a figure commonly known as Avogadro’s number). That is so much larger than the mere millions of anti-hydrogen atoms CERN is currently capable of making that to create a gram of anti-hydrogen using this process would take billions of years. It is also far more than the amount of anti-hydrogen containable with present technology. For more, see CERN’s own highly informative and entertaining Angels & Demons FAQ.

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Regards Alpha.

• Administrators

He created the first laptop and is the creator of Interactive Design, which is basically "the practice of designing interactive digital products, environments, systems, and services." Sounds like Maxis to me, or somehow related.

In 1965, he came to the US, getting a job as a designer for the American Sterilizer Co. in Erie, Pennsylvania, designing hospital equipment. Green Run hospital gowns maybe, something like that?

I'm seeing nothing directly related to Manhattan Project, Hanford, Nuclear Studies, or Washington, but the connections are indeed there as I listed above.

• 1 month later...

I think i'm on to something, although this will take a bit to fit together in your head. First,I googled gary zukav Illuminati. One of the top results is this: http://www.spiritual-center.com/spiritu ... -mark-dice . If you read just a little bit, he refers to people as "zombies". Next search "soul swapping illuminati". His should be near the top. http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/Selli ... ul(1630166).htm . This page references Goethe.Next, search goethe Faust (one of his works). You will see a name that is mephistopheles. If you search for a picure of him, the first result should be a lithographic print. I you look at it, you should noticed the lightning in the air at the top and mephistopheles's hand gesture. It appears that he is summoning lightning. If you read about him, you would know that Mephistopheles is the person you sell your soul to. So I'm thinking hat an illuminati sold heir soul to be able to summon mephistopheles.

Currently working on a montage for "HIM" as I prefer to call him just as a coding type of guy when it was changed. Any game mechanics you guys have related to him as well would be superb but also the background story is nice as well. Someone who's video and audio capable I'll construct the video if they can do the audio voice over with all the information we can gather pertaining to "HIM" (possible back story as you guys are working out here).

Things that I'll be doing in the montage: Constant spawning of "HIM", you can literally spawn him every round as I've done 5 in a row (record so far). There is a visual sign for proper spawning but I'm trying to get the audio part down as I now have headphones to properly be able to hear all of the weird sounds. The sounds for "HIM" come during the storm when it encompasses the entire sky and is a cross between a "chink" and a "chunk". So far I've been able to distinguish between 3 of them that sound off which alert you to the time window you have to properly summon him.

Other things for the video will include first releasing him, battles, using him for the EE, putting him back in the power station (heard but haven't confirmed this, they used an emp?), effects while he rides on the bus, possible interactions with build-able's (I've tried the jetgun, didn't see any effect but there are others to try) and anything else you guys can think of or want to see tried.

Any volunteers for the video, especially anyone with a capture card, are welcomed. I'm xbox live and have skype so hit me up on any of the avenues.

-KeredNomrah69