Is it just me? Or did Zombies NOT live to expectations...

I have not played a lot of zombies quite yet, but i have played Tranzit, Grief, Survival on ALL maps. So far, i do not enjoy zombies as i thought.

Why?

* Lighting is BAD. In Call of the Dead, when it went foggy, it was pretty bad, it feels almost as if it is always "foggy" if your outside.

* Old weapons. Idk, i just wanted WWWAAYY more new weapons, not ones from Cod4 and World at War and BO.

* Size of maps. Tranzit is HUGE, which is ok i guess, but (from where i've been to) Farm is TINY and so is Town.

* NO party games. Where are the party game modes??? Hello 3arc! Did you forget something?

* Custom game modes. You can create quite a vast gameplay with multiplayer and such, but for zombie mode? Theres a HUGE LACK of customization for zombies.

* Trying to reach the past. To me, it seems like they're trying to rehash some of the fan fav. things to do, but also make it very different. They did just that, but horribly messed it up. Trying to stick to the past, while trying to go forward...

* VERY FEW MAPS. Almost NO game modes ( a total OF 3!?!?!) and 3 maps!?!?! PATHETIC.

* Weapons feel awkward. Just a feeling, i don't like it how they feel to shoot and stuff.

* PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING IS WRONG.

I really hope after reading this awful review, you might be able to tell me that theres more stuff than just what i have done. Like more maps to unlock or something.

In my opinion, The DLC MUST be good.

Multiplayer: Good, but NO COD is going to beat good ole-MW2 thats right MW"2" WWWAAS Flawless...until someone figured out noobtubes were made from satan.

If you HAVEN'T played Zombies on BO2, then DO NOT let this discourage you from thinking the same thing. Are we the same person? No, so don't think we're gonna think the same thing. These are ONLY the cons, there are some Pros. But i won't get into allll those.

Lemme know!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not just you, Nuketown zombies is AMAZING it's a great map very similar to nacht and is easily lovable.

But... that's what you pay extra for.. it's like DLC. Nuketown should not be the expectations of black ops 2 zombies, Tranzit should be. Personally, I really dislike the fact that there is not one map besides nuketown or tranzit.

Mostly because.. Tranzit is a huge disappointment. The wondergun is horrible, the fog is literally the most annoying thing I have ever seen. The sky destroys the whole map, I really feel that this map would be amazing without fog. And the lack of perks and normality to zombies is frustrating. They needed one more map. Tranzit was an experiment, I personally am not fond of but some may love it. They needed a good classic style map like Kino or Ascension or Der Riese.. that was the disappointment.

The experiment of Traznit is hard to get used to and like, but over time who knows what will happen..

Nuketown zombies is great, but it's dlc..

They needed 1 more map to not make this such a disappointment

I have not played a lot of zombies quite yet, but i have played Tranzit, Grief, Survival on ALL maps. So far, i do not enjoy zombies as i thought.

Why?

* Lighting is BAD. In Call of the Dead, when it went foggy, it was pretty bad, it feels almost as if it is always "foggy" if your outside.

* Old weapons. Idk, i just wanted WWWAAYY more new weapons, not ones from Cod4 and World at War and BO.

* Size of maps. Tranzit is HUGE, which is ok i guess, but (from where i've been to) Farm is TINY and so is Town.

* NO party games. Where are the party game modes??? Hello 3arc! Did you forget something?

* Custom game modes. You can create quite a vast gameplay with multiplayer and such, but for zombie mode? Theres a HUGE LACK of customization for zombies.

* Trying to reach the past. To me, it seems like they're trying to rehash some of the fan fav. things to do, but also make it very different. They did just that, but horribly messed it up. Trying to stick to the past, while trying to go forward...

* VERY FEW MAPS. Almost NO game modes ( a total OF 3!?!?!) and 3 maps!?!?! PATHETIC.

* Weapons feel awkward. Just a feeling, i don't like it how they feel to shoot and stuff.

* PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING IS WRONG.

I really hope after reading this awful review, you might be able to tell me that theres more stuff than just what i have done. Like more maps to unlock or something.

In my opinion, The DLC MUST be good.

Multiplayer: Good, but NO COD is going to beat good ole-MW2 thats right MW"2" WWWAAS Flawless...until someone figured out noobtubes were made from satan.

If you HAVEN'T played Zombies on BO2, then DO NOT let this discourage you from thinking the same thing. Are we the same person? No, so don't think we're gonna think the same thing. These are ONLY the cons, there are some Pros. But i won't get into allll those.

Lemme know!

I love green run, so forgive me for defending it by trying to shoot down your points.

1. Lightning. It is really only hard to see in the fog, and even so streetlights, fire, and the blue eyes light your way, so it isn't so bad.

2. Like you said later, they wanted to appeal to the fans who requested oldies. If the gun is new to zombies (like modern warfare guns) I can't see how that is disappointing at all.

3. This is an opinion thing so I can't really say anything about it except that I personally love it all.

4. I'll cover this in a second.

5. Same. Wait a sec.

6. Same.

7. I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the revival of past guns seems to be reaching to the past effectively if that's what you mean.

8. Again just wait, I'll cover these all at once.

9. The guns feel awkward because you aren't used to using them (At least not in zombie's.) I felt the same but now it feels fine.

As for your disappointment with the lack of maps, modes, and other stuff...

In black ops we started with two normal maps and dead ops arcade. There was only one mode and no customization at all, and everyone loved it. Now we get three maps and TranZit which is basically an ubermap, three different modes, and custom modes, and you manage to complain about all of those things?!?! Come on dude. Just saiyan. That's my opinion, and while I disagree with yours I accept it. Even so I can't help but try and change it.

Zombies has improved in a way, the survival maps are tiny though, no challenge in them, from the gameplay I was expecting the survival maps to be a lot bigger than they were.

Negative:

-As I've already put in another thread greif mode wasn't what I was expecting and I was a little bit disappointed TBH but then with the custom game modes you can do I think this has been sort of made up, they still need to work on greif though.

-Survival Maps could've been bigger as individuals and the map could've been changed up more from TranZit but it doesn't detract from them being there.

-Farms' fog is pretty bad but it isn't unbearable, I know they are trying to go for the apocalypse feel but it is quite distracting at times.

-Denizens :evil: I officially hate them... (serious note they are a great addition to the game but I wasn't expecting them to turn up whenever you want to change area EVERYTIME, they serve a purpose gameplay wise, it is just I hate them, like Kill_All_Monkeys... he hates monkeys (just a wild guess))

-Also the survival maps seem really boring, why? because there is no interaction between the characters which is what I loved about the last game, they don't talk much.

Positive:

-TranZit really has been thought threw (-I can't think of the other spelling for the word :| ), buildables add a new dimension to the game, the bus also gives us more flexibility, should we walk or take the bus.

-There are a lot of weapons there, you just have to find them :twisted:

-NK Zombies is great! I was expecting the map to extend out a bit but it doesn't matter because I think it is very good & a map I really enjoy it.

-The point of TranZit is to go out and explore, they have done this great! Enjoyable.

Additions of custom game modes & TranZit really have warmed to me, the problem is when you want to play a quick survival map or greif, I feel these can do with a little work, still this doesn't detract from what this is and the improvements that have been made to it!