Written Guide to Tower of Babble EE - Updated for 2 players

way2g00d

After completing the EE do the lights on/flowing to the TOB stay in subsequent games? Someone told me they did and I thought it'd be so cool if it was true.

I figured it would since in a game where my team had tried and failed the table was still constructed under the Tower, leading me to believe there was some kind of saving or progress tracking going on.

If someone could inform me about this, I would appreciate it greatly.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After completing the EE do the lights on/flowing to the TOB stay in subsequent games?

YES!

I haven't completed either side yet, though I played a game with Way2g00 & another person who had completed the other side (different side to Way2g00) & the Tower shoots BOTH RED & BLUE lines up the tower.

Pretty! :shock:

I havent completed the whole richtofen ee, but on a attempt, i was samuel and i didnt have to break the jet gun to hear the next step. i was attacked when the JG was almost at the redline and stopped, waited to go below the red line, did it again and he started asking for the 115...

The way i see it, metals have heat conductivity properties and because of this you dont need to blow the weapon, just let it get to the redline, wait a bit and finish the job.

Hi,

I was doing the Richtofen EE with 4 players using the 2 player emp method, but I teleported to the same spot my friend just emp'ed. Waited for a max ammo, did it again and the same thing happened. Bad luck?

Can the EE be done in "customize mode" on regular difficulty and does it get saved into the online profile this way? Or does it have to be a public match to save?

Thanks

Hi,

I was doing the Richtofen EE with 4 players using the 2 player emp method, but I teleported to the same spot my friend just emp'ed. Waited for a max ammo, did it again and the same thing happened. Bad luck?

Can the EE be done in "customize mode" on regular difficulty and does it get saved into the online profile this way? Or does it have to be a public match to save?

Thanks

You can do a custom game with 2 players. It has to be Original mode.

• Administrators

For the Maxis side for 2 players do the turbines have to be at depot and diner or can it be any of the lamps?

As far as the turbines go, they are regularly done at the Depot and Diner. I never really tried at any other lamp, but it seems that those two locations are the only one capable of fully completing the Maxis portion of the Easter Egg (disregarding the whole "Denizens getting in your way" ordeal).

Maxis' quote about completing the Trichotomous System, When you place a turbine at the said locations, Maxis will say something along the lines of "You have just activated one of points to the trichotomous system. Now go and complete the rest of the system!". As a result, it's safe to conclude that these locations are necessary for turbines to be near.

Hi, I did the Richtofen Easter egg with 3 other friends, and we want half of us to have maxis done so the tower will be multicolored. Well, 2 of my friends who aren't the best at zombies want to do the Maxis side, so is it possible for my two friends and me to do the Maxis Easter egg 3 players, then have me back out before putting the turbines down at the teleporters and have it work? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly hearing all over the place that for the Richtofen side, you must get those kills with explosives. While, other people tell me I don't.

Little confused, could someone clear this part up for me? Explosive kills or Non-explosive kills?

Its not needed.

Thanks!

This should probably be re-done. Some of it is confusing or misleading. For instance, it initially says that 4 players are needed, but later says how to do it with two. Also, it is now known the table is not necessary for either side of the EE (I won't say "told you so"... ok, well I guess I kinda did by saying I'm not gonna say it... but yeah :P ).

More importantly, I'm finding the Maxis guide confusing. So you do have to put two turbines down under the tower with 4 people, but it's not necessary with 2? What if we're trying to do it in a game with 3 people? I've heard conflicting things about taking out the Avo- erm, "Electric zombie" (sorry, don't wanna make someone nitpick rage with a "THAT'S NOT HIS NAME OMFGWTFBBQ" post). Does it definitely have to be done with an EMP, or can the knuckles be used also? Again, I've heard people say different things about this but have seen no confirmation either way. Also, are you positive the two turbines at the end have to be done a the depot and diner? NGT's "Step 37" video shows Spider putting one down at the cornfield and successfully completing it. I have also heard Maxis' side can be done in any order, is this true? Another big question; can Richtofen's side be done in a game with 3 or 4 players by using the two player method (as in, having two players with EMP's throw them down and teleport, etc)? We tried it in a 3 player game and it didn't work... but it's possible my friend was waiting too long to throw one of the EMP's down. Once we tried it with all 3 throwing down EMP's and teleporting it worked.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I totally appreciate the effort into writing this guide and I know you've made effort to keep it updated. But concerning how much has been learned since the game was released, I think it would be useful to completely re-write it in a less confusing and more complete way. It may take work from the community to verify different things, too... with video proof of what does or does not work (I keep hearing explosive weapons are/are not needed for Richtofen, for instance). Again, just trying to do Maxis with two friends using this guide has been frustrating.

You can do the two player Richtofen strategy with 3 people or 4. When I completed the EE we had 3 people and first two to get emps (me and my friend) finished it right after. Table not built.

You can do the throwing animation while teleporting and the emp will come out directly after landing. But the timing isn't really that tricky.

I don't know the answers to your other inquires.

You can do the two player Richtofen strategy with 3 people or 4. When I completed the EE we had 3 people and first two to get emps (me and my friend) finished it right after. Table not built.

You can do the throwing animation while teleporting and the emp will come out directly after landing. But the timing isn't really that tricky.

I don't know the answers to your other inquires.

Thanks. That might be helpful to people trying to complete his in the future. I figured as much, but after trying twice with only 2 out of 3 using EMP's and failing both times I was starting to doubt it was possible. Though I think the game may have glitched... we kept getting Richtofen's "No, all 4 simultaneously!" quote repeatedly for 5 minutes after we threw our EMP's. Fortunately we did get it to work with 3 of us all doing it.

I think we may attempt Maxis again tonight... if I find any answers to my questions about his side I will post them.

So there are 8 lights?

I'm sure this has been tried... but what if when doing Richtofen's EE instead of blowing money on the box for EMP's could you place four turbines at four lamps and then turn the power off? Effectively lowering the power by a factor of 4?

Attempted Richtofen this weekend and failed.

Of course it took us FOREVER to get two EMP from the box, but once we did we must have used the wrong teleporters/failed miserably at timing, not sure which.

We did everything perfect up until Richtofen told us to "Reduce power by a factor of 4"

We then used the teleporters closest to the corn field and tossed our EMP, can't say for my partner, but mine seemed to skid far past the teleporter, jumped in, turned around and flung the second, again mine skid far past, but there was no active teleporter on the other side.

Must we use the telporters at Diner/Depot? Or is it more that we must be more accurate with timing/where the EMP lands?

Attempted Richtofen this weekend and failed.

Of course it took us FOREVER to get two EMP from the box, but once we did we must have used the wrong teleporters/failed miserably at timing, not sure which.

We did everything perfect up until Richtofen told us to "Reduce power by a factor of 4"

We then used the teleporters closest to the corn field and tossed our EMP, can't say for my partner, but mine seemed to skid far past the teleporter, jumped in, turned around and flung the second, again mine skid far past, but there was no active teleporter on the other side.

Must we use the telporters at Diner/Depot? Or is it more that we must be more accurate with timing/where the EMP lands?

Those EMP's should'nt have to be on dot but they have to be at least close to teleporters. You can confirm by looking at the flickering light. If its flickering it means you got it. If not then you missed. I doubt if the timing matters because of the fact you do it with 2 players you are always out of sync. I think there is a window of few minutes until the teleporters stop flickering and Richtofens tells you to do it again.

Correct me If I am wrong.

There is some sort of window, I suppose...Not sure how long it is because I threw my 2nd EMP quickly and immediately heard Richtofen tell me I had to reduce the factor at the same time, hinting that my timing was off, but as I stated I'm thinking it was because we were NOT at the Depot and Diner teleporters.

The ultimate question here is what trumps this Easter Egg with 2 players? Is it the teleporter location, i.e. MUST be at depot and diner?

Or is it the timing of the EMP toss? As suggested by what Richtofen stated to me after I failed...

Got this bad boy done last night (2P/Maxis Side YAY, had 3 players originally but the third kept timing out, but luckily for him he was in the game when the achievement hit).

Something that I noticed, but I haven't seen posted anywhere before. When you're trying to get the "HIM" to spawn in and you kill the last zombie when the lightning is high in the sky, if you don't see him but the lightning is constant and you don't hear any thunder, he will be in the area and have spawned in (the lightning will continue until you defeat "HIM").

We got him to spawn in at the start of round 3 last night but he didn't show up for about 4 minutes, because he spawned in all the way over at Nacht, but I knew he was there because of the lightning.

As I said just thought I would post as I've not seen this written anywhere before and it may help someone who is trying to do Maxis.

Also, to debunk another theory I've seen as well (not sure if it was on here or on another site), you Don't need to use the same turbines that were under the pylon to place at the street lights. I know this as one of the turbines blew up after I threw the EMP at "HIM" and my mate picked up a new one and used that.

• 2 months later...

Ya I don't know. I was told we need 4 players.Is it because of that last step where we need 4 players to throw EMP grenades at green lights.

Those can be done individually in a 2-3 minute interval maybe? I am not sure.. can some one test this?